New CNN CEO: stunned by “uninformed left wing vitriol” over trying to steer network to actual news

Big Blitz

Warner Bros. Discovery tasked former “Late Show” producer Chris Licht to steer a news-first pivot at CNN.

“U.S. news is largely populated by ‘advocacy networks’ that ‘make a lot of money by generating and supporting an audience, but CNN is in the journalism business and will be ‘journalism first,” said Licht’s boss, Discovery CEO David Zaslav, in April.

Not-so-subtle translation: Licht’s job is to undo the left-wing bias that had come to define modern CNN.

Licht began his mission by firing Brian Stelter, Jeffrey Toobin, Chris Cillizza, and John Harwood. He followed those dismissals by demoting lying hack Don Lemon from a solo primetime program to a low-rated morning show which he shares with two co-hosts.

Naturally, this change of direction has turned Licht into a target of the Left. The crowded coalition cannot believe a prominent member of the clique would abandon its loyalties to the progressive movement. Elsewhere, MSNBC, The New York Times, and The Washington Post have doubled down on hard Left rhetoric this past year. 

“The uninformed vitriol, especially from the left, has been stunning,” Licht told The New York Times on Sunday. “Which proves my point: so much of what passes for news is name-calling, half-truths, and desperation.”

https://www.outkick.com/cnn-ceo-chris-licht-stunned-by-uninformed-left-wing-vitriol/

It’s how fascists, fascist.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Now do Faux News

idiots 

I don't like to use nasty language, but I hope you are aware of how dumb you are/seem on this site, and don't apply those principles in your real life.

Just to help you out, there are ZERO surviving LEFTIST civilizations, and thats for a reason.   Go read some books and learn. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1

1 hour ago, OrangeBills said:

I don't like to use nasty language, but I hope you are aware of how dumb you are/seem on this site, and don't apply those principles in your real life.

Just to help you out, there are ZERO surviving LEFTIST civilizations, and thats for a reason.   Go read some books and learn. 

You sound like a real patriot

1 hour ago, OrangeBills said:

China is doing just fine, not that I want to be China. 

11 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

China is doing just fine, not that I want to be China. 

The China Communist Party is doing fine, the people are definitely not

you could argue the "People's Republic of China" has already collapsed and been replaced by whatever that is right now, and what it will be shortly.  

14 hours ago, BillStime said:

Now do Faux News

idiots 

They are idiots but this is where you get most of your news from so i guess stupid is as stupid does fits in this case ! CNN is a joke & has been for quite some time ...

Edited by T master

38 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

The China Communist Party is doing fine, the people are definitely not

you could argue the "People's Republic of China" has already collapsed and been replaced by whatever that is right now, and what it will be shortly.  

Lol bro, you realize they have transportation infrastructure our country could only dream of? We barely even have trains that goes faster than 80mph for a small portion of the US. Have you seen their new airports? Makes JFK look like a dumpster. The people are doing fine and thriving. 

dd863f7470a74d02b8704d74bfbfeb98.jpg

ff78f0ef-da87-4122-aa17-e7de6bec343f_0.j

I wish we had this. Some of you really need to travel the world more. The US isn’t special anymore and in many ways lagging behind. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Lol bro, you realize they have transportation infrastructure our country could only dream of? We don’t even have a train that goes faster than 80mph. Have you seen their new airports? Makes JFK look like a dumpster. The people are doing fine and thriving. 

I wish we had this. Some of you really need to travel the world more. The US isn’t special anymore and in many ways lagging behind. 

As iff airports and trains were all that mattered...

Just now, Doc said:

Did I say that? I don’t support their government. But it’s obvious our country is falling behind in many things because our politicians don’t give a crap. We no longer lead in important things like math/science scores, infrastructure, or quality of life metrics. We rather spend 2 trillion on foreign BS wars than make our country better. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Didn’t even need to look to know this but had to prove what an idiot Jon Cooper and his followers are

Lying is like breathing for progressives. They just do it naturally. They know the left wing cult would never question anything they say. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

CNN went way left (make up stories and orange man bad) to get that progressive clicks. now that they go back to the middle ground and attempt actual news, lefties melt down.

at least they still got MSNBC and PACS to tell them what to think.

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1

It looks like the rats are abandoning a sinking ship. Or it’s a huuugggeee coincidence these left wing media outlets are moving away from the cult of progressives?

Lol, they are hoping to get ahead of the shitstorm before they get caught up in it.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Lol bro, you realize they have transportation infrastructure our country could only dream of? We barely even have trains that goes faster than 80mph for a small portion of the US. Have you seen their new airports? Makes JFK look like a dumpster. The people are doing fine and thriving. 

We definitely have the best weapons though, 

33 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Infrastructure?  like the detention camp cities for Covid? or the ones for the Uyghurs?

17 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

CNN went way left (make up stories and orange man bad) to get that progressive clicks. now that they go back to the middle ground and attempt actual news, lefties melt down.

at least they still got MSNBC and PACS to tell them what to think.

Made up stories? Where are the libel charges?

And let's talk about made up stories - go turn on Fox. Are they still crying about those drag queens?

giphy.gif

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, OrangeBills said:

Wtf is a leftist civilization?  Lol then you say to read books lol!

Love how the apes are jumping to agree to your post that is utterly meaningless.   Wtf books are you reading?  

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Made up stories? Where are the libel charges?

And let's talk about made up stories - go turn on Fox. Are they still crying about those drag queens?

giphy.gif

This thread is the dumbest I've seen in ppp (im sure theres worse).  I used to love dumb people too.  They were so much more fun.  Now, instead of just shutting the f up when there's a topic they don't comprehend they have strong opinions.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

This thread is the dumbest I've seen in ppp (im sure theres worse).  I used to love dumb people too.  They were so much more fun.  Now, instead of just shutting the f up when there's a topic they don't comprehend they have strong opinions.   

Must be like looking in a mirror.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Ooooh another winning zinger!   

When you try and be funny it's literally pathetic.   I can't imagine being so...dull to think that was humorous.

Wasn't meant to be funny. Now go look in the mirror.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, OrangeBills said:

This is why I've asked him what he does for a living.  I can't imagine it requires any kind of critical thinking.  

3 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Did I say that? I don’t support their government. But it’s obvious our country is falling behind in many things because our politicians don’t give a crap. We no longer lead in important things like math/science scores, infrastructure, or quality of life metrics. We rather spend 2 trillion on foreign BS wars than make our country better. 

China isn't leading in "quality of life."  The other categories, yes.  And that's largely because we've dumbed-down school standards.  And yes, we're giving away our money to foreign nations to be laundered back to our pols.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Their airports a fine. They are just terrible at controlling airplanes, thus they operate incredibly slowly for what they manage.

Totally incapable of handling small accidents in traffic. I've seen rear enders that result in massive jams in Beijing and Shanghai.

There's nothing more welcoming than being presented a mask to protect your lungs during the Beijing winters when inversions set up and trap the coal exhaust.

The country also has as ticking time bomb demographic issue.

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

China isn't leading in "quality of life."  The other categories, yes.  And that's largely because we've dumbed-down school standards.  And yes, we're giving away our money to foreign nations to be laundered back to our pols.

I didn’t say China was leading in quality of life, just that other countries are. Mainly European countries and Japan. China is leading in infrastructure technology, we have lagged behind. Most of our infrastructure was building the 1950s. We need a huge trillion dollar package strictly for legitimate infrastructure projects. 

9 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Their airports a fine. They are just terrible at controlling airplanes, thus they operate incredibly slowly for what they manage.

Totally incapable of handling small accidents in traffic. I've seen rear enders that result in massive jams in Beijing and Shanghai.

There's nothing more welcoming than being presented a mask to protect your lungs during the Beijing winters when inversions set up and trap the coal exhaust.

The country also has as ticking time bomb demographic issue.

I haven't been there so I'll take your word on it.  My point was that shiny things don't take away from the oppressive regime and lack of freedom, the poor air quality and in many place substandard living conditions, and yes, that demographic time bomb that's going to nail them in about 10 years (and which is why I believe they were genetically engineering the SARS-CoV).

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I haven't been there so I'll take your word on it.  My point was that shiny things don't take away from the oppressive regime and lack of freedom, the poor air quality and in many place substandard living conditions, and yes, that demographic time bomb that's going to nail them in about 10 years (and which is why I believe they were genetically engineering the SARS-CoV).

I recommend on just traveling to visit. It’s an eye opener. Sure they are regressive in a lot of other areas, but man does China know how to build epic projects. We used to as well, but then our country stopped giving a darn. We waste more money blowing up things than doing important things like cheaper access to higher education so we can have a well established pool of engineers and doctors. We need to stop with the bs planned obsolescence too and design things to last like we did years ago. 

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Link to peer reviewed science journals with some proof? 

3 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

The infrastructure kicks ass man! It’s overrated things like liberty they struggle with. 

Nobody here is wanting to be repressive China, but you guys don’t know what nuance is, so here we are. It’s possible to recognize the good and the bad. The problem is, our country has major major issues. We need to fix it and become great again the right way. Access to education, churn out engineers, and build America with the best technology the world can see. Stop designing products to fail artificially, and make something worth being proud of.