New York Giants @ Washington Game Thread

Simon

4 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Disgusting 

I'm convinced Vegas is in the refs ears. 

Now you can never truly rig a game unless you have coaches and players in your pocket which is highly unlikely but the refs can damn sure manipulate the game 

I still don’t understand why refs get to avoid the media after a game. They’re just as important as the head coaches. Have them face the media and explain their calls and non calls. 

Im sure some refs are compromised, but I ado believe the majority keep game integrity. I just don’t understand how they escape all questions.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, StHustle said:

Was keeping Kumerow really worth losing Hodgins? Our special teams seem just fine without him. Zero chance we ever get him back now.

Hodgins can play in the league but he still wouldn’t have gotten a real opportunity here. Opportunity is key. He got it in NY. We’d still be complaining about WR depth if Hodgins was sitting on our practice squad.

• Agree 2

• Simon unpinned this topic
5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I still don’t understand why refs get to avoid the media after a game. They’re just as important as the head coaches. Have them face the media and explain their calls and non calls. 

Im sure some refs are compromised, but I ado believe the majority keep game integrity. I just don’t understand how they escape all questions.

So they don’t throw fuel on the fire.  

9 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Lol. I mean I'm just asking a valid question but whatever.   Just wasn't sure what Miami had to do with it..

The call on McKenzie was definitely pass interference. It's called on Miami. The exact level of interference, if not more, happened with the Giants, and it's ignored. Miami fans can't be all too happy. And to that, I fart in their general direction. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hodgins can play in the league but he still wouldn’t have gotten a real opportunity here. Opportunity is key. He got it in NY. We’d still be complaining about WR depth if Hodgins was sitting on our practice squad.

This is something I hope the McBeane and staff internalize over the offseason. 

We are having issues with some drops and slot receiver, and to go this far into the season with somebody "not getting an opportunity here" is a big whiff.  That includes not even attempting to target Knox. I have been shocked that Shakir hasn't been given a legitimate shot either. This staff takes forever to extract value from rookie contracts in favor of vets. Cook, Elam, Oliver, etc. We are quick to give a pass to everybody because Allen is a stud, winning record, etc. But it is an issue that needs addressing. 

This is absolutely insane. The rule is that McLaurin was to line up at the centers belt line. Hussey specifically says that, but also says that the ball was snapped at the half yard line and McLaurin was a yard back.  Starting OC for the Commanders is Wes Schweitzer, listed as 6'5. his belt line would then be approximately at 1 yard back, right? 

Jesus. 

6 hours ago, Draconator said:

The call on McKenzie was definitely pass interference. It's called on Miami. The exact level of interference, if not more, happened with the Giants, and it's ignored. Miami fans can't be all too happy. And to that, I fart in their general direction. 

Gotcha. Makes sense 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mango said:

This is something I hope the McBeane and staff internalize over the offseason. 

We are having issues with some drops and slot receiver, and to go this far into the season with somebody "not getting an opportunity here" is a big whiff.  That includes not even attempting to target Knox. I have been shocked that Shakir hasn't been given a legitimate shot either. This staff takes forever to extract value from rookie contracts in favor of vets. Cook, Elam, Oliver, etc. We are quick to give a pass to everybody because Allen is a stud, winning record, etc. But it is an issue that needs addressing. 

The coaches play the players they trust and think will be the most consistent…

Tre White was our number one corner from day one… Edmunds , starting linebacker day one

5th round Matt Milano broke the lineup his rookie year … UDFA Levi Wallace became starter his rookie year 

6th round Christian benford has started 

If you show the coaches you are consistent And they can trust you they will play you

6 hours ago, Draconator said:

To me the biggest difference between Miami on McK - the defender never played the ball at all.  He ran straight into McK as McK stopped to come back.  That is and should always be called.

The Giants - whom I do believe interfered- at least the defender was facing the QB and the throw and tried to get to the ball.

Did he bear hug and interfere- I thought so, but it is less likely called as he was facing the play throughout.  

Of course he was also behind and therefore all action toward the ball was through the receiver- hence why I think interference should have been called, but I understand that no call more than the complainants by Dolphin fans on the McK play - as the defender never looked for the ball just interfered.

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

To me the biggest difference between Miami on McK - the defender never played the ball at all.  He ran straight into McK as McK stopped to come back.  That is and should always be called.

The Giants - whom I do believe interfered- at least the defender was facing the QB and the throw and tried to get to the ball.

Did he bear hug and interfere- I thought so, but it is less likely called as he was facing the play throughout.  

Of course he was also behind and therefore all action toward the ball was through the receiver- hence why I think interference should have been called, but I understand that no call more than the complainants by Dolphin fans on the McK play - as the defender never looked for the ball just interfered.

To me, it looked like the Giants defender, although facing toward the ball, interfered with the Commanders receiver's ability to at least make an attempt to catch the ball, pinning his left arm. That should be an easy interference call.

This angle makes it even worse...not only is it DPI, it's also illegal contact or holding prior to the ball getting there...could have called anything they wanted on this play. I've never gone to a place where I thought the fix might be in but I mean it makes it REALLY hard not to after the last 2 plays of this game...the one prior to this being a TD wiped off the board after McLaurin was called for not lining up properly after he was given the OK by the official TWICE! 

That follows this no call against Samuels from earlier...I mean do the officials have some special hate for Samuels or something?  Clearly DPI...another no call.

But back to the McLaurin play...look at the official reach for the flag before the play even starts and immediately after he signals that he is OK...like WTF is that??  That is NOT normal. It's like the official intentionally told him he was good when he wasn't so he could throw a flag...that official needs to be investigated...something doesn't sit right with me...he literally cannot contain himself while trying to get the flag out before the play even starts.

Edited by Big Turk

47 minutes ago, Draconator said:

To me, it looked like the Giants defender, although facing toward the ball, interfered with the Commanders receiver's ability to at least make an attempt to catch the ball, pinning his left arm. That should be an easy interference call.

I don’t disagree - I thought it was interference - it just is not called anywhere near as much if both players are facing the ball versus the WR facing the ball and the defender running away from the QB.

The arms around the WR well before the ball arrives is worse than a defender running in the way, but it is called the other way more.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.