I’m starting to get extremely frustrated with Dorsey.

FireChans

2 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

Beane deserves a lot of credit for this roster but also the blame for its weaknesses.  They’ve failed to get an OLine that is better than average, not investing enough in the draft at those positions or missing when they do.  They’ve failed to get more physical despite having to play in conditions that dictate you have that ability when it matters most, especially with the backs and they’ve had the opportunity to shore that up.  They’ve not actually drafted any good depth at safety and it shows with Hyde’s injury.  There are certainly things to get mad at Dorsey for but the personnel issues are a lot of the real problem.  Davis is a fine receiver but they don’t scare anyone underneath at the slot and they need to get more creative in their routes because every throw seems to be contested rather than open by good design. 

It’s play design. The Bills are back to running a high school level route tree. What’s it supposed to look like? It’s supposed to look like the last drive’s underneath slant to McKenzie, where breaks under the outside receiver and is wide open for a first down. What does it look like? “Everyone go out to the red car and turn around.”

4 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

We are winning.  This time of year that is all that counts.   You don't get style points for a win. Just stop.

What is wrong with all you complainers.

We are 11 -3.

Try to enjoy it.

Opinion noted. I think the Bills offense could be better so I’m going to continue to talk about that. Thanks.

To me it was super evident last night that the Dolphins were the more complete and better coached team.  

But the Bills have Josh Allen.

Josh is at his worst when he thinks he has to do it all himself and plays hero ball.  With this coaching staff, they basically call the game like “Josh we got nothing you’re gonna have to do it all yourself”

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Malazan said:

I have the same issue with Dorsey's playcalling every week.. it seems like he wants the big shot too often.  He also seems very, very predictable where they get into a groove passing then have a miss and it feels like every time after that it's a run. 

There's other issues I think they need to address that are more impactful though.. any pass that is at or behind the line of scrimmage seems to be a disaster. Not wasting downs on this I think would be a great help. 

I'm pretty sure Dorsey doesn't have a play called "everybody go deep".  There are multiple options available on every called passing play.  I have seen very little commentary on the fact that execution could be a contributing factor to what people are perceiving as offensive struggles.

9 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

Daboll was not that different  Think were seeing some of the fallout from a team that failed to shore up its O line and that was before the injuries piled up  We dont have any difference makers on offense besides 17 and 14 and especially not on the O line

Daboll's play design was a lot better though. I actually thought Dorsey was better yesterday but the thing I have hated from Dorsey this year is that he loves the run the ball on 2nd and long. 2nd and 12 and he runs Singletary and now we have a 3rd and long. That drives me nuts

20 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Knox was the MAN on offense last night, no bones about it 

Great game, still had brutal drops. Still only has one 100 yard game in his career. 

To be honest his contract is the worst thing that happened to him.  Without the contract he a great role player. With the contract he's paid like a super star so expectations went into the moon especially with a monster QB contract on the books you can't pay guys like that like we did on the drought.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

To me that's more Allen making something out of nothing.

Dorsey's play calling has been..."interesting" since the bye week.

There are two great players on offense: Allen and Diggs.  Singletary is pretty good and beyond that, there is no other player that opponents need to worry about.  Add in an average, at best, OL and I think the offense’s problems go beyond play calling.

19 minutes ago, Buckets said:

Why do 90 percent of the pass plays have to be 20 yards or more. Long scoring drives keep the opposing offense off the field.

(And their defense on the field)

I mean, this just isn't the case.  Josh threw a myriad of 5-10 yard routes yesterday and the game was iced on a 15 play 86 yard drive that took up all of the last 5 minutes.

57 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Here's the deal. 

Last year posts all about frustration with Dabol.

Now it's Dorsey. 

Posts about frustration with Frazier.

Posts about special teams frustrations. 

It's the head coach. 

...for not replacing them?

5 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

There are two great players on offense: Allen and Diggs.  Singletary is pretty good and beyond that, there is no other player that opponents need to worry about.  Add in an average, at best, OL and I think the offense’s problems go beyond play calling.

Here we are, survivors of an offense-challenged 17 year playoff drought complaining about a division win in which 32 points were scored. What a time to be alive 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.