Isaiah McKenzie Show 12/12 - discusses drops, his role, and offensive malaise

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I do. 

But there’s something ironic about people on a message board who discuss every little thing a player (person) does in their public life, shaming players for having emotions. 

Not singling you out… the whole concept is funny to me. 

Well, it's interesting you characterize it as "shaming players for having emotions"

I think McKenzie is more of a liability than an asset.  His overall success from last year led to more playing time this year that just hasn’t panned out.  I think Dorsey is trying too hard to get him in the game plan and in doing so sacrifices the rhythm of the offense.  An example was in KC, we inexplicably forced the use of McKenzie in the red zone and turned the ball over because he doesn’t know the play or was focused on something else.  I’ve seen enough to not trust him in the playoffs.  Completely agree with bringing in Beas for the push to the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1

"I actually got the ball that time" referring to Thanksgiving....

then the "you were the scapegoat for not stopping Taylor" comment from the host about the Colts game as they were rehashing last season...

Seems like there's a "I'm the victim" vibe, although I do still like McKenzie. Can't blame a competitor for being frustrated for not  (in his mind) getting a chance to contribute 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

What would you characterize it as? 

Open and honest feedback from someone who has no idea what it’s like? 😂

It's a criticism about him allowing a certain segment of the social circle to affect him enough that it shows outwardly and he acts on it.

It's like if you're out barhopping with your buddy and some random homeless person throws a banana peel at you. When your buddy freaks out at this random stranger who probably has mental issues and starts getting into a fight with them, are you just gonna be like "yeah, let those emotions out Buddy."

If you tell him he shouldn't let that random homeless person affect him, then I guess your shaming him for having emotions. I mean, why shouldn't he take it personally? The banana peel was aimed right at him.

12 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

"I actually got the ball that time" referring to Thanksgiving....

then the "you were the scapegoat for not stopping Taylor" comment from the host about the Colts game as they were rehashing last season...

Seems like there's a "I'm the victim" vibe, although I do still like McKenzie. Can't blame a competitor for being frustrated for not  (in his mind) getting a chance to contribute 

McKenzie: “5 TDs” (snarky)

Dunne eggs him on a lot 

18 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

So it I'm reading this properly: McKenzie does not take personal accountability for his drops and wants more targets.

That's gotta be the chocolate and peanut butter of attitude that McDermott wants from this receivers.

Thanks to all who gave a synopsis.

Pretty much. I haven’t listened to the entire thing yet.

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

But...home field advantage, no dome. Could it be true that our own players don't want to play in bad weather either?

Honestly, I’d say 99% of the players don’t want to play in it, including our own. Not many players are comfortable being uncomfortable. The last 1% are the guys that can find the fun in it, like Dion Dawkins.  That doesn’t mean I don’t think the team has the mental toughness to do so, just that they’d rather not.

I 100% gurantee if you polled the Bills locker room, coaches and players, on if they prefer to play indoors or outdoors in Buffalo bad weather, the vast majority will select in a dome.  

What we do best is tied up in a quarter of a billion dollar QB who airs it out.  They want to win game, they want to play their best football.  

Dome is the better choice for true home field advantage where Bills Mafia can make it deafening and the Bills can play their best on the field.  Not to mention, our biggest threats in the AFC, and likely will be for years to come...is Cincy and KC, both used to playing in cold bad weather.   

Don't matter now though, it is what it is. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nephilim17 said:

I'm not gonna give an hour-plus of my life to a guy I'm fed up with. If anyone watches this, a couple highlights and salient quotes would be appreciated.

Does he say he needs to play better or offer excuses is my big question?

-says he is open a lot but the ball isn't coming to him - not going to complain or ask for the ball more - hopes they will see it eventually because he wants to contribute and be more involved

-Lil Dirty nickname came because he would not shower after practice in camp and wait until the end of the day

-do wet ball drills all the time in practice and says Allen hates them the most of anyone

-said he would be #5 if he could pick any number because he wore it growing up in little league.

-says Matt Milano is his favorite player on the team but he hates him in practice because he hits people like he hit Mike White all the time.  Plays in practice exactly the way he does in the game. 

-if Bills win the SB, he is retiring(100% not joking)

-once he retires said he plans to drink alcohol and do some drugs for the first time

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 4

So I was listening to the podcast and Dunne and McKenzie were talking about how you prepare for bad weather before the game.  McKenzie didn't really have an answer, then asked Dunne what he thought.  Dunne responded by saying "maybe run the ball more.  Is it that simple?"  McKenzie goes "No, because we can barely run the ball when its sunny out."  

WOW    😬

• Haha (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It's a criticism about him allowing a certain segment of the social circle to affect him enough that it shows outwardly and he acts on it.

It's like if you're out barhopping with your buddy and some random homeless person throws a banana peel at you. When your buddy freaks out at this random stranger who probably has mental issues and starts getting into a fight with them, are you just gonna be like "yeah, let those emotions out Buddy."

If you tell him he shouldn't let that random homeless person affect him, then I guess your shaming him for having emotions. I mean, why shouldn't he take it personally? The banana peel was aimed right at him.

You missed the mark here.

It’s not one instance… using your analogy… it would be like on any given day when you walk down the street, every homeless person you walk by throws a banana peel at you.

Sure, the first time you laugh it off as the crazy homeless person… but then it happens a thousand times over. You’re just going to sit there, wear it and smile? Not even an ounce of frustration or retaliation… that’s just unrealistic. 

Edited by JGMcD2

4 minutes ago, BufBills83 said:

So I was listening to the podcast and Dunne and McKenzie were talking about how you prepare for bad weather before the game.  McKenzie didn't really have an answer, then asked Dunne what he thought.  Dunne responded by saying "maybe run the ball more.  Is it that simple?"  McKenzie goes "No, because we can barely run the ball when its sunny out."  

WOW    😬

Yup. I thought he even said “we can’t even run the ball when it’s sunny”

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BufBills83 said:

That may have been it, I may have worded it a bit wrong.  But either way, not something you want to say.

If he said they can’t, it throws shade at the OL and RBs. If he says they don’t run it, shot at Dorsey. Not sure who you want to  be taking shots at right now. Too lazy to go back and listen again 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.