Great Catches by Bills receivers - Are they winning 1 on 1 battles?

Billsfan1972

20 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

6 that I can remember.  Brown, Mckenzie killed 2 drives, Singletary on 2nd last drive, Knox with at least 2.  

The amount of drops is brutal.  Almost have to roll the dice with OBJ.  I’d try Hines more too.  Knox is the most disappointing.  If a defender is anywhere close, he’s dropping the ball.  

But it's not a problem and I am the one who needs my eyes checked......

They weren't easy catches (some were drops), but help Allen once in a while.

32 minutes ago, Professor Worthington said:

Yup, it’s been a theme all season.  Opposing teams making highlight catches and Bills’ receivers dropping mildly contested catches.  Really pisses me off.

They don't need to be playing the Bills, but it is tough to watch opponents do it against them.  

Today was just terrible.

It’s like they’re so focused on YAC they forgot about actually making it. 

4 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

6 that I can remember.  Brown, Mckenzie killed 2 drives, Singletary on 2nd last drive, Knox with at least 2.  

The amount of drops is brutal.  Almost have to roll the dice with OBJ.  I’d try Hines more too.  Knox is the most disappointing.  If a defender is anywhere close, he’s dropping the ball.  

Brown? Dude was targeted once and the DROY made a hell of a play. Would’ve been a heck of a catch for a 32 year old practice squad guy who was sitting at him 2 weeks ago. 

10 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

It’s like they’re so focused on YAC they forgot about actually making it. 

Brown? Dude was targeted once and the DROY made a hell of a play. Would’ve been a heck of a catch for a 32 year old practice squad guy who was sitting at him 2 weeks ago. 

Omg the excuses.  He had both hands on it before the NYJ player broke it up. It was not contested or simultaneous, he had the catch and didn't come down with it. His job is to hold on to it.  

It is the point of the thread.  The Bills don't seem to make those catches as often as other players.

Edited by Billsfan1972

On 12/10/2022 at 10:01 AM, TheBrownBear said:

Donuts, thanks for posting the catch percentage numbers.  I don't think you can draw too many conclusions from those though, because those numbers are greatly influenced by the types and depth of routes these guys are being targeted in, and the quarterback play they are paired with.  

My eyeballs tell me that Isiah and Gabe seem to drop far too many important, catchable balls. It is worrisome. Then I watched the chargers last night and their top two guys caught everything. 

5 minutes ago, foreboding said:

My eyeballs tell me that Isiah and Gabe seem to drop far too many important, catchable balls. It is worrisome. Then I watched the chargers last night and their top two guys caught everything. 

But but but......  Your eyeballs & mine are wrong.🤣

Again I'm not talking drops in this thread, it is the tough catch or winning that one on one battle.  The Brown pass and the Knox one were two perfect examples where in each case the Bill had both hands on the ball before the NYJ defender and then couldn't maintain possession.  There were others too yesterday and then there were the drops too.  

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Diggs is the only known on the Bills. Chark, St. Brown, Jameson Williams. All top collegiate receivers 

Chark 61st pick and did have one good year and also has 20 catches this year and 7 last year.

St. Brown was a 4th round pick (like Davis)

Williams 12th pick, but hasn't played.

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Is there a stat different from targets that reflects "catchable targets?"

Been searching for it and sure it is somewhere.  As said Diggs 71% completion rate means little if 15% of the balls were uncatchable.  Drops though mean something as would contested/tough catches. 

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Chark 61st pick and did have one good year and also has 20 catches this year and 7 last year.

St. Brown was a 4th round pick (like Davis)

Williams 12th pick, but hasn't played.

Been searching for it and sure it is somewhere.  As said Diggs 71% completion rate means little if 15% of the balls were uncatchable.  Drops though mean something as would contested/tough catches. 

I suppose targets minus catches minus drops means uncatchable

Outside of Diggs the Bills have nothing at WR.  Sorry to the Davis and Mckenzie fans but they are both too high on a depth chart for what they bring to the team.

I am not sure what Beanes plan is going to be for next year but they need a #2 who can separate consistently and actually catch the ball without battling with their hands.   

32 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Outside of Diggs the Bills have nothing at WR.  Sorry to the Davis and Mckenzie fans but they are both too high on a depth chart for what they bring to the team.

I am not sure what Beanes plan is going to be for next year but they need a #2 who can separate consistently and actually catch the ball without battling with their hands.   

OBJ?????  

Maybe you are right as they have shown week after week and the reason I started this thread.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.