Great Catches by Bills receivers - Are they winning 1 on 1 battles?

Billsfan1972

I think we all hung out hats on Gabe Davis having his breakout WR2 year and he hasn’t come close to it.  Injuries and some mid round rookies have also hampered us.  It’s clear we need to grab a WR2 high in the draft somewhere as well as address offensive line issues that are allowing too much to get through to Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Chark 61st pick and did have one good year and also has 20 catches this year and 7 last year.

St. Brown was a 4th round pick (like Davis)

Williams 12th pick, but hasn't played.

Been searching for it and sure it is somewhere.  As said Diggs 71% completion rate means little if 15% of the balls were uncatchable.  Drops though mean something as would contested/tough catches. 

Williams caught a TD yesterday. 1st game from injury. Chark was injured too

Edited by Solomon Grundy

6 hours ago, ddaryl said:

McKenzie should be shown the door

Davis should be regulated to a depth WR

Knox should be replaced with a true #1 TE

There are two, maybe three "true #1 TE" in the NFL.  You're crazy if you think Knox can be easily replaced.  He's been hindered all season and gets limited opportunities to actually run routes because he has to pass block all the time because the line is garbo. 

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

There are two, maybe three "true #1 TE" in the NFL.  You're crazy if you think Knox can be easily replaced.  He's been hindered all season and gets limited opportunities to actually run routes because he has to pass block all the time because the line is garbo. 

Knox is the only 1 that is not easily replaceable, and I think he is just average.  Could be upgraded, but would be hard, too expensive as he already is paid well above average.  Bad contract

1 minute ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Knox is the only 1 that is not easily replaceable, and I think he is just average.  Could be upgraded, but would be hard, too expensive as he already is paid well above average.  Bad contract

I don't think it's a bad contract at all, frankly.  You can complain about the lack of production but part of that is a lack of opportunity because they need him to pass block, and part of it is Dorsey's scheme.  Knox is electric with the ball in hands, the Bills just haven't capitalized on it in meaningful ways this season. 

16 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Just need Knox to make that catch or two when needed.   Lately when we need him to hold on to the ball, he hasn't.  Inconsistent this year and not enough catches.

Yeah, although it seemed like last year, when he got more volume, his catch % went up. When you get 1 or 2 balls a game- he might press. I dont love our playcalling right now and I suspect much of it has to do with a porous offensive line that is limiting everything.

17 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

he can stay on the team he just is not proving to be a #1 TE. 

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

he can stay on the team he just is not proving to be a #1 TE. 

There are 4, maybe 5 TEs who I'd rather have over Knox.  Considering that there are 32 #1 TE jobs in the league, I'm gonna disagree with you wholeheartedly. 

3 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

There are 4, maybe 5 TEs who I'd rather have over Knox.  Considering that there are 32 #1 TE jobs in the league, I'm gonna disagree with you wholeheartedly. 

Knox is has regressed this year in the pass catching department. 

When compared to other TE's this year

17 in receptions

18th in targets

19th in yards 

Edited by ddaryl

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Knox is has regressed this year in the pass catching department. 

When compared to other TE's this year

16 in receptions

18th in targets

19th in yards 

I'm not sure how that doesn't jive with what I already said.  He's been hindered this year because of poor offensive line play.  Get him more targets and all those numbers will go up. 

I don't think it is Knox level of play that is keeping his targets down. 

Just now, Bruffalo said:

I'm not sure how that doesn't jive with what I already said.  He's been hindered this year because of poor offensive line play.  Get him more targets and all those numbers will go up. 

I don't think it is Knox level of play that is keeping his targets down. 

Yeah I'm still looking at those dropped passes and the lack for making tough catches when needed

I like the guy, but we can do better in the TE department. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.