Tua leads all players in pro Bowl Voting. This can't stand.

Big Turk

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

As someone who thought the kid would be a joke in the NFL - he's been the best player in the league this year when healthy. Jefferson has been electric, but he's also had dud games and Kupp set a new bar last year.

If Tua hadn't missed so much time, I think he'd be a lock for MVP. As it is, it's probably a two horse race between Mahomes and Hurts and Mahomes will need to fall off or Hurts will have to really start dazzling to stop Mahomes from getting his #2.

The best player in the league this year?  Ehhhhhhhhh.

i disagree.

He’s been very good.  There’s no doubt, but I don’t see how he’s been better than Hurts or Mahomes.  I think Tyreek has been their best player all season by quite a bit

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The best player in the league this year?  Ehhhhhhhhh.

i disagree.

He’s been very good.  There’s no doubt, but I don’t see how he’s been better than Hurts or Mahomes.  I think Tyreek has been their best player all season by quite a bit

He leads in a lot of categories:

Passer rating
Yds/attmept
Yds/completion
TD%
3rd in YPG
2nd in QBR
3rd completion percentage

It's hard to say he's been better than two guys that have played at a very high level all year and haven't missed any games while he was knocked out of two and missed two more, but when he's been on the field he's been more spectacular this year to me. Mahomes has been extremely steady, but this may be his least exciting year as a pro. Hurts has also been electric at times, but has had 4 games with under 200 yards passing including 3 of the last 4. last week was his first 300 yard game since week 3.

While yardage is not an end all be all stat for a QB, I'm not sure they're winning like they are on the back of Hurts but rather with him. The Phins and the Chiefs definitely go through their QB - as the Bills do.

23 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

295 yards and two Tds is a pretty good worst performance lol. Idk why some of you won’t give credit where it’s due. With help from McDaniel he has turned his career around. Tyreek is on pace for a 2,000 yard season and that’s largely because of Tua. You guys can hate on him that’s fine but the kid is a great QB and has put together a hell of a comeback story after being trashed by fans and the sports media for the last two years

Normally I’d agree but 75 yards and one of those tds came on a single play the first play of the game.  So the final 59 minutes or so he mustered up 225 yards, 1 TD, 3 turnovers.  

It’s not just the niners game, this is a cumulative thing now.  any time the dolphins have had a tough opponent tua is either injured or doesn’t play very well (outside of that one quarter against baltimore where Kyle Hamilton forgot how to play football)

vs baltimore he was struggling for 3 quarters until Marcus peters and humphrey were in and out of the lineup then he just exploded 

vs buffalo he was mediocre at best against mostly backups

vs Cincy he was having a pretty bad half before getting injured

missed the jets game missed the Vikings 

vs SF he was bad 

I think he’s a good qb in a great system that’s much more prone to absolutely demolish bad teams and struggle against good defenses than the other good offenses in the league.  He’s got plenty of chances to prove me wrong down the stretch though.

tyreek had 177 receiving yards with bridgewater at qb vs the Vikings and 140 of his 170 receiving yards with bridgewater against the bengals so I’m not convinced it’s all tua why he is performing well.  I think tyreek is elevating the play of his qbs honestly

• Agree 5

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s regressed some, but more to do with JV quality OL play (in recent weeks), fractured rib cartilage (in the first month) and injured WRs imo.  He’s made some ridiculous throws.  

You really can’t use the o line excuse much because Miami minus their LT have a much worse line than LA does. He’s made some ridiculous throws yes but he’s also made a lot ridiculously bad decisions late in the 4th quarter throwing the ball to the other team and costing them wins. Also Allen is throwing with a bad arm which arguably might be worse than broken ribs. Also didn’t Keenan Allen play last week against LV?

56 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Minus two INTS he didn’t look that bad at all. First play on Miami’s drive is a 75 yard TD and then he throws a 49 yard bomb to Tyreek in the second half. Did he play an amazing game?? No but did he play a horrible one?? Not really.

Sorry, but if you throw 2 INT's, lose a fumble, and lose the game, nobody will care how well you played otherwise.

Also, it really just wasn't a good performance. He had a 54% completion percentage and a passer rating of 79.7. Three turnovers. This is what we call a bad performance. There's no way around that.

18 minutes ago, MJS said:

Sorry, but if you throw 2 INT's, lose a fumble, and lose the game, nobody will care how well you played otherwise.

Also, it really just wasn't a good performance. He had a 54% completion percentage and a passer rating of 79.7. Three turnovers. This is what we call a bad performance. There's no way around that.

That fumble wasn’t his fault, he got the ball stripped as he was just about to throw it. He was also hurrying up a lot of passes because his LT and RT were out on IR and his line is one of the worst in the league. 

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

That fumble wasn’t his fault, he got the ball stripped as he was just about to throw it. He was also hurrying up a lot of passes because his LT and RT were out on IR and his line is one of the worst in the league. 

Boo hoo. It's not his fault.

Nobody cares. It was a bad game for him.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Again minus two turnovers that was a pretty good bad game for him especially going up against the NFL’s number 1 defense

You don't minus turnovers when you consider the performance of a QB. How does that make any sense? And his completion percentage was 54%. Minus a few incompletions it was pretty good, right?

How about this: minus two long TD's his day was absolutely horrendous.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

He leads in a lot of categories:

Passer rating
Yds/attmept
Yds/completion
TD%
3rd in YPG
2nd in QBR
3rd completion percentage

It's hard to say he's been better than two guys that have played at a very high level all year and haven't missed any games while he was knocked out of two and missed two more, but when he's been on the field he's been more spectacular this year to me. Mahomes has been extremely steady, but this may be his least exciting year as a pro. Hurts has also been electric at times, but has had 4 games with under 200 yards passing including 3 of the last 4. last week was his first 300 yard game since week 3.

While yardage is not an end all be all stat for a QB, I'm not sure they're winning like they are on the back of Hurts but rather with him. The Phins and the Chiefs definitely go through their QB - as the Bills do.

It’s mahomes’ least exciting season as a pro because he lost the real mvp to the dolphins lol moving tyreek has completely transformed two teams.  Mahomes still has that offense moving but everything looks like much more of a struggle and the defensive playbook to defend the chiefs is a lot less limited 

I don’t think we can assume tua would’ve played well in the games he’s missed given the sample size so far.  They have looked like a completely different team against the better defenses in the league.   He was likely in for a rough one against the jets and he was playing pretty poorly in the bengals game before getting injured.  This back half of the season has the make or break games for how the league ends up viewing tua. 

a bit of flukey scheduling got them a pretty long stretch of bottom feeder opponents in a row. 

mvp is tough because you have to isolate individual players in a very team centric game.  If you swapped tua and mahomes’ supporting casts mahomes would shatter every record in the book.  I don’t think tua is adding anywhere near the amount of value to his team than people assume he is when looking at just stats 

also idk if it’s because he’s lefty or what but he has more sure interceptions dropped than any qb I’ve ever seen 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

295 yards and two Tds is a pretty good worst performance lol. Idk why some of you won’t give credit where it’s due. With help from McDaniel he has turned his career around. Tyreek is on pace for a 2,000 yard season and that’s largely because of Tua. You guys can hate on him that’s fine but the kid is a great QB and has put together a hell of a comeback story after being trashed by fans and the sports media for the last two years

Minus two INTS he didn’t look that bad at all. First play on Miami’s drive is a 75 yard TD and then he throws a 49 yard bomb to Tyreek in the second half. Did he play an amazing game?? No but did he play a horrible one?? Not really.

In a shoot out where he team get mauled yes had had 2 tds and 295 yards.  Hs also lost a fumble and had two interceptions while hitting on 54% of his passes and was sacked three times  Hardly MVP caliber.

41 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It’s mahomes’ least exciting season as a pro because he lost the real mvp to the dolphins lol moving tyreek has completely transformed two teams.  Mahomes still has that offense moving but everything looks like much more of a struggle and the defensive playbook to defend the chiefs is a lot less limited 

I don’t think we can assume tua would’ve played well in the games he’s missed given the sample size so far.  They have looked like a completely different team against the better defenses in the league.   He was likely in for a rough one against the jets and he was playing pretty poorly in the bengals game before getting injured.  This back half of the season has the make or break games for how the league ends up viewing tua. 

a bit of flukey scheduling got them a pretty long stretch of bottom feeder opponents in a row. 

mvp is tough because you have to isolate individual players in a very team centric game.  If you swapped tua and mahomes’ supporting casts mahomes would shatter every record in the book.  I don’t think tua is adding anywhere near the amount of value to his team than people assume he is when looking at just stats 

also idk if it’s because he’s lefty or what but he has more sure interceptions dropped than any qb I’ve ever seen 

If you gave Allen or Mahomes both Hill and Waddle then every defense would have to use dime defenses or pray to the wind god just to try and keep the point total under 45 points. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

You really can’t use the o line excuse much because Miami minus their LT have a much worse line than LA does. He’s made some ridiculous throws yes but he’s also made a lot ridiculously bad decisions late in the 4th quarter throwing the ball to the other team and costing them wins. Also Allen is throwing with a bad arm which arguably might be worse than broken ribs. Also didn’t Keenan Allen play last week against LV?

When you have the worst pass blocking line in the league, you can most definitely put PART of the blame on his protection.  If Tua played the season without Teron Armstead we wouldn’t be talking about him being MVP.  Trust

On 12/7/2022 at 3:13 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

he looked like the Tua I was expecting.

I really thought he was average, at best, and that Tyreek Hill's speed would be for naught but reverse runs and screens. I was wrong, way wrong. But he is still far from the #1 QB!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.