12/1/22 Week 13 Bills at Pats* Pregame Thread Primetime on Prime!

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

the wind gusts tonight are going to be higher than normal. Looks like in the 20s MPH. But I don’t see that as a huge issue, esp since I don’t believe the wind is as much of an issue on the field there as it is in buffalo. 

Where are you guys seeing wind gusts?  The forecast during the day looks quite windy with gusts, but that looks like it will be done by game time.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I love Cosell and I listen to his segments all the time.  It doesn't mean he's perfect.  His opinion should be held as gospel?

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/27/texans-davis-mills-catalyst-optimism-houston/

“I actually think the Texans are going to be a better football team,” Cossel said. “First of all, Davis Mills really improved as the year went on, and I think he can be a solid NFL quarterback. And I think they made some meaningful draft picks, and I think they have some good players now. Again, like I said, I’m not going to speak about record, but I think Kenyon Green, who they drafted in the first round, will start and improve their O-line. I love John Metchie.”

Very fair. Of course Cosell isn't always right. However, his assessment of this Bills team Is based on analyzing the the tape and players. He is looking at an 11 game sample. This guy knows his football. Pretty sure you will agree with that. This assessment is much different than the example you provided. I think folks here should not dismiss what he says as a nothing burger. 

24 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Since your a big " homer" I thought I'd share this with you. A little reality check.  Have you ever heard Greg Cosell? He is a very respected football analyst. Here is what he's recently said:

We’ve become so enamored with Allen as a talent…they don’t have a good OL…they have one good receiver and a bunch of other guys…this is not a super talented offense.” 

@GregCosell not pulling any punches discussing what he sees from the Bills offense.

Folks it's time to wake up and see the Bills team for what it is. They aren't winning out or winning a Super Bowl. 

Thankfully, there are only a couple other posters whose opinions mean less to me.  Otherwise this might be depressing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

“I actually think the Texans are going to be a better football team,” Cossel said. “First of all, Davis Mills really improved as the year went on, and I think he can be a solid NFL quarterback. And I think they made some meaningful draft picks, and I think they have some good players now. Again, like I said, I’m not going to speak about record, but I think Kenyon Green, who they drafted in the first round, will start and improve their O-line. I love John Metchie.”

That was a pre season assessment which is much different than an in season 11 game assessment of the Bills. Big difference!

14 minutes ago, eball said:

Hey, Einstein, the Cosell quote is what i was responding to.

It really sounds like you could use a break from the board.  I suggest renting a movie tonight and taking some time off from the Bills.

What do you disagree with what Cosell said? And why? 

3 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Thankfully, there are only a couple other posters whose opinions mean less to me.  Otherwise this might be depressing. 

I mean your more than welcome to address what Cosell said. What did he say that you think is inaccurate? And why? Those are his words not mine. 

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

That was a pre season assessment which is much different than an in season 11 game assessment of the Bills. Big difference!

What do you disagree with what Cosell said? And why? 

I mean your more than welcome to address what Cosell said. What did he say that you think is inaccurate? And why? Those are his words not mine. 

Please leave. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Very fair. Of course Cosell isn't always right. However, his assessment of this Bills team Is based on analyzing the the tape and players. He is looking at an 11 game sample. This guy knows his football. Pretty sure you will agree with that. This assessment is much different than the example you provided. I think folks here should not dismiss what he says as a nothing burger. 

In other words, he’s not always right... except when talking down Bills, like you always do, then he’s absolutely right!   

Dude just give it a rest. We all know you like to be the “voice if reason” and constantly remind us all that the Bills suck and you’re the only one that sees it. We get it. But do you have to piss your thoughts into every single thread?  

just take the day off.  You can come back tonight and tell us all the things that all the players did wrong while beating the Patsies. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Cossell said "Folks it's time to wake up and see the Bills team for what it is. They aren't winning out or winning a Super Bowl. "?  Or was that one of your typical downer comments that we are all so sick of seeing?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Process said:

Good offensive coaching can make up for a lack of talent. Elite talent can make up for poor coaching. Problem is we are lacking in both areas. 

We miss Daboll. Hopefully our recent struggles will be a wake up call for Beane. 

I agree on the coaching. When the season started, I thought Dorsey was on target. Quick passing,  shorter routes and putting players in position to succeed. Take the pressure off from an average at best OL. Last several games, he seems to be looking at it from a QB perspective. Looking for the big play, deeper routes and trying for the splash play and QB stats and not team stats. Dorsey needs to be a coach, not thinking what he would want as a QB. It's about players (plural) not just Josh.

44 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Bad take.  Knox and Davis are both above average, and improving, at their positions.

Problem is the OL.  It has a trickle down effect....

1. Knox: has to be used to chip/block .Orr often, limiting his targets and free releases.

2. Davis: because we have to chip with a TE or RB (even against 4 man rushes), that's 1 more defensive player to help in coverage.

Beane has to have improving OL as priority #1 next offseason, then continue adding playmakers.

O line is the biggest issue and needs complete overhaul via draft/FA at this point. I would like to see Bates at C more. Morse is solid player but think Bates can handle position. Upgrade both guard positions and RT. Have Brown who is a huge liability as your swing tackle.

For a little insight, IF the Bills lose tonight, the sky will fall if Miami and KC win. Best case then is 3 road playoff wins.

IF we win, Miami loses to SF & Cinci beats KC, we’re alone atop the Conference.

Doesnt get much bigger!

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Super Bowl winners are determined by 11 games?  After 11 games last year, the Rams were on a 3 game losing streak.

In 2020, the Bucs were lost 3 out of 4 and 7-5 at one point.  

You are holding Cosell's word as gospel....

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Process said:

Good offensive coaching can make up for a lack of talent. Elite talent can make up for poor coaching. Problem is we are lacking in both areas. 

We miss Daboll. Hopefully our recent struggles will be a wake up call for Beane. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

So lets hold his word as gospel.

Because I get all my football knowledge from TBD’s most negative posters I have come to a conclusion that I’m sure that they will love. The Bills should just forfeit the rest of the season, what with their complete lack of talent on offense and bad coaching. Why even to bother to play the games? In fact, to make people on TBD happy, the Bills should trade Josh to a real NFL team and not force him to waste his prime in the tire fire that is the 2022 Buffalo Bills. Imagine the draft picks we could get that we could use on guards? 

4 hours ago, CSBill said:

HAPPY GAME DAY, TBD! .... It's going to be a long day of anticipation, but use that extra energy to be super productive at work today. Give your boss the extra effort they deserve. Show our Bills what it takes to get the job done with passion and efficiency. In short, like our Bills, be a winner! Crush the day! .... And then come home and settle in to watch our boys crush the Hoodie and his merry men. (I can't wait for those highlight of Josh running by a gassed and wasted Judon. Those images are priceless.).

As @Chandler#81 says, it is "GO TIME!" December is here and it's time to be totally Grinchy! "No more turnover gift giving. No more Drive sustaining long 3rd Down conversions. No more missed tackles. No more ‘tummy aches’ holding out starters and most importantly, no more surrendering leads!"

So, have a great day, and all together now:

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

Ok. You got it!

office.png

• Haha (+1) 2