I'm done.

letsgoteam

time will tell if OP or even others are truly done with the Bills after that ugly loss. I mean when I was raising my kids here was no question they came first. As it should be. Im calling today tylenol Monday. Do what you have to do. Best.

m

I feel you man.  I get no enjoyment from the Bills.  It's way to stressful.

I love college football because I have no allegiance to any team.  Just flip from game to game looking for the best one.

The covid 2020 was my favorite Bills year.  I want to relive that.  There seems to be too much "me" on this years team.  Team just doesn't seem as close.

I can empathize.

In all sincerity, it sounds like you just need to find a way to compartmentalize your sports viewing and put it into proper perspective. Easier said than done, I know.

Whether it's meditation, doing a "football blackout" after a loss (where you don't read any post-game reports or go on social media or watch ESPN, you just essentially step away from football for a few days), cleaning out your garage, or going for a walk after a frustrating game, there are ways to not let it dominate and ruin your day, your week, your life.

At the very least, I suggest, after a frustrating loss, taking stock of the things in your life for which you have gratitude. Your health, your family, having a roof over your head and food in your fridge, a pet you love, friends and family...it can even be simple things. Your eyes, your lungs, your legs...what a miracle it is to have those things. Imagine life without them!

I used to be absolutely consumed by Bills losses. I'd let them ruin my whole week. Not so much any more. Don't get me wrong, some losses -- like yesterday's, for instance -- are still hard to take and linger with me for a day or two. But after seeing multiple loved ones die young and after beating a potentially fatal illness myself this year, I can't help but put football in the proper perspective: It's just a game. It's not life and death. It brings me joy, and other times, it brings me pain. The pain makes the joy sweeter, though. Neither can be had without the other.

At the end of the day, you're healthy, you have a family that you love and that loves you back, and you have so very much to be thankful for. If you can't realize and reflect on that after a game, if you can't find a way to calm your mind and nerves and compartmentalize the frustration that football sometimes brings, then perhaps it IS good for you to step away for a while.

In any case, I wish you luck and happiness. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Draconator said:

You're done

I'm drunk

Bills won

Everything is as it should be

BINGO no need to overthink it eh? CONCUR.;

en espanol  the word is adelante...BRING ON ALL COMPETITION! Bring it ON

!!!

** gives the Neo "come hither"  hand motion***

Nick WHO?

😏

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, muppy said:

BINGO no need to overthink it eh? CONCUR.;

en espanol  the word is adelante...BRING ON ALL COMPETITION! Bring it ON

!!!

** gives the Neo "come hither"  hand motion***

Nick WHO?

😏

I always thought that “come hither” applied more to a seduction situation, as in a comely lass giving her best come hither stare.  

Then again, I used to feel that way when the counter lady gave me some extra fries in the bag at McDonalds when I was a younger man.  I may not have never been right. 

• Like (+1) 2

Try watching it in Australia.
Not only is it played upside down, but it starts at ridiculous times Monday morning.

Yet, with 2 boys named after Bills, the ex-wife still doesn’t know that, I head off to the gym, walk the dog etc. secure in the fact I don’t own a T-shirt without Bills on it! I whinge like everyone after a loss, especially after THE season of promise. But I’m still wearing the colours that day and the next. I watch minimal TV and spend as much time as kids allow with them. The time spent on the Bills is a welcome distraction, what’s sports are supposed to provide us/ entertainment. Are you not entertained? BTW Minecraft is a no, shooting hoops a yes, shopping for clothes 🤮 but I’m there.

Find the fun again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.