Jump to content

NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread


BuffaloBill
 Share

Recommended Posts

For all the whining, one thing we shouldn’t complain about is officiating. For the most part, the zebras let them play. 
The Bills got away with a lot of holding and they’re lucky the Gabe Davis bobble wasn’t overturned.

 

side note-it’s a shame the Bills didn’t go after Hockenson. I wanted him for the Bills the year he was drafted. Knox is good, but not elite. Hockenson could have done for the Bills what Kelce does for the Chiefs. 

  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Its my desktop photo- it was Minkah.  Cam went up and got it though

But in end ended up helping Jefferson with 2 more hands. Great play, crappy luck. 

1 minute ago, SoMAn said:

For all the whining, one thing we shouldn’t complain about is officiating. For the most part, the zebras let them play. 
The Bills got away with a lot of holding and they’re lucky the Gabe Davis bobble wasn’t overturned.

 

side note-it’s a shame the Bills didn’t go after Hockenson. I wanted him for the Bills the year he was drafted. Knox is good, but not elite. Hockenson could have done for the Bills what Kelce does for the Chiefs. 

Except... The potential game winner Knox dropped, he was being held, interfered with.

  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

But in end ended up helping Jefferson with 2 more hands. Great play, crappy luck. 

Except... The potential game winner Knox dropped, he was being held, interfered with.

Don’t disagree, but there were a few in which Jefferson’s jersey was being grabbed and there was a fair amount of contact, but the refs let it play out. It went both ways. 
The Bills earned the loss. Jefferson burned our secondary with spectacular catches and the Bills coaching and Allen’s brain farts combined to seal the deal. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Josh needs to lay off the energy drinks and get back to putting touch on the ball... also someone on the sidelines preferably with a degree in psychology needs to be on him about where his head at... sugar high josh makes too many mistakes.

It's far enough along in his career to see that sugar high Allen is who he is at times. He's never going to be MVP because of that, and SB champ, not sure, we'll see. You can win the SB by just getting hot in the playoffs, for MVP, need to be great for a vast majority of the season.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

It's far enough along in his career to see that sugar high Allen is who he is at times. He's never going to be MVP because of that, and SB champ, not sure, we'll see. You can win the SB by just getting hot in the playoffs, for MVP, need to be great for a vast majority of the season.

I got $100 that says he’ll win one.  Whatcha say mean gene?  Finally put your money where your mouth is?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just called Howard and Jeremy.

 

Why bother?

 

They talk about how McKenzie is wide open in the flat. 
 

Say what I’m saying isn’t true.

 

Freeze frame it guys, McKenzie is completely covered. He had 0 separation. 
 

The only other option Josh had was he would have had to wait until the last second to lob to Singletary because chips and releases extremely late.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I got $100 that says he’ll win one.  Whatcha say mean gene?  Finally put your money where your mouth is?  

Well I don't gamble (except stock market). But it can be a forum bet of somekind I suppose.

 

It could take 10 years or more to know the outcome...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gene1973 said:

Well I don't gamble (except stock market). But it can be a forum bet of somekind I suppose.

 

It could take 10 years or more to know the outcome...

 

So you do gamble.  
 

Ok, loser leaves the board.  I think it’ll take 2-3 years, but never is a bet too hard to pass up.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dorsey is the problem.

 

Everyone says “Ohhh he’s a psycho he’s so competitive blah blah” well that’s the issue.

 

When you combine his aggressiveness with Josh’s, you get bad football. Dabol was a moderating force to Josh’s internal competitiveness.

 

Dorsey has been absolutely destroyed in the second half of the last 3 games. Flat out coached easily. He has no ability to adjust to what his early season offense was.

 

Zero running game, zero intermediate game, horrible red zone play calling (how many times are we 1st and goal from the 5ish and throw the ball every down??)

 

No, he doesn’t throw the pics Josh has been killing us with. BUT, he can call plays where the reads are short to deep instead of deep to short when Josh his Sugar High Josh. The job of the OC is to recognize how his QB is playing and reign him in when needed. 

 

Dorsey is failing. There is no need to worry about him getting poached as a HC. And THANK GOD the MVP talk is over. Who give a sht the goal is the Super Bowl not Allen’s accolades.

 

  • Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A quick couple of things.....

 

Being a hopeless fan I have went through some absolute crappy seasons with this team. Losing the 4 straight during the non internet era (Yes children there was a time where we could not pull any information right there and then!) was a blessing as being in the navy I was not local in the Buffalo area, so I did not get to see many games but the playoffs. Now being able to watch, I only did so casually during the drought. I am a diehard hockey fan, but not a diehard football fan. I love the Bills, but do not love football. I can take it or leave it. I am always brought back to the never ending train wreck that seem to be the Bills. Even after last week, i found out that we were on TV in NJ and there i was in my Allen jersey watching another Bills disaster. (This time i did not destroy my new cell phone!) Some thoughts on this team:

 

- Our defense front 4 has not dominated in over a month. In fact they have been pushed around like they are not on the field. If they played a bit better then out depleted secondary would not look so bad. If i was given as much time the opposing QBs got i could make a completion.

 

- Poor play calling and or coaching decisions and or poor Allen decisions, or all 3. Since we will never know unless we are in the game just take your pick. 

 

- Allen needs a sport psychologist. Something is in his head as he sometimes looks like an awesome QB, now sometimes he looks like a rookie. These last 2 losses he is partly to blame either way.

 

- Secondary. You cannot really blame them. Most of them are not even supposed to be on the field. They are doing their best and are making rookie mistakes because they are not supposed to be on the field, not to mention all together are the same time!

 

And lastly, I can watch the Sabres lose day after day as I love Hockey. I enjoy wearing one of my 20 + Sabres jerseys and win or lose enjoy the game. The Bills, not so much. Hoping this train wreck is not on national tv much more so i can skip this disappointment of a team and can just add this year of despair to the many others we (i know i am not the only one) have endured.  

  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So you do gamble.  
 

Ok, loser leaves the board.  I think it’ll take 2-3 years, but never is a bet too hard to pass up.  

That's not much of a gain for me. I could just put you on mute...  However I tend not to feel the need to mute anyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Dorsey is the problem.

 

Everyone says “Ohhh he’s a psycho he’s so competitive blah blah” well that’s the issue.

 

When you combine his aggressiveness with Josh’s, you get bad football. Dabol was a moderating force to Josh’s internal competitiveness.

 

Dorsey has been absolutely destroyed in the second half of the last 3 games. Flat out coached easily. He has no ability to adjust to what his early season offense was.

 

Zero running game, zero intermediate game, horrible red zone play calling (how many times are we 1st and goal from the 5ish and throw the ball every down??)

 

No, he doesn’t throw the pics Josh has been killing us with. BUT, he can call plays where the reads are short to deep instead of deep to short when Josh his Sugar High Josh. The job of the OC is to recognize how his QB is playing and reign him in when needed. 

 

Dorsey is failing. There is no need to worry about him getting poached as a HC. And THANK GOD the MVP talk is over. Who give a sht the goal is the Super Bowl not Allen’s accolades.

 

The Super Bowl hopes are fading with each game. Not sure the Bills even win the division. The Dolphins are the better team. Tua is playing great, Hill and Waddle are unstoppable, RBs Wilson and Mosert are dynamic in that offense, and their coach is everything that Dorsey isn't which is creative and innovative. I'm not sold completely on their defense but it's pretty clear who the better team is. However, what really matters is whose the better team going into the playoffs not right now. Hopefully, it will be Buffalo.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Upgrade from Mich Morse and bring in a real professional center who doesn't choke on snap in a situation to ***** defeat from the jaws of victory.  You tolerate plays like that, you're on Gilligan's Island without Ginger nor Marianne.  Morse is a problem.  I don't give a fig how much flak I catch from his lovers here.  He is not dependable in the clutch.  That wasn't even the clutch and he still can't the snap to Josh.  A 3 hour tour... a 3 hour tour....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My direct quote in the GDT before the Catch:

 

“I already know the next play call. Cousins is just going to lob this up to Jefferson. Just going to be a jump ball basically.”

 

And what Cousins actually said before the play:

 

“Before we left the huddle,” Jefferson told me from the locker room in Buffalo, “Kirk said to me, ‘Hey, I might just throw this up to you.’ Kirk knew. We just needed to make something happen.”

 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/14/tom-brady-germany-peter-king-fmia-week-10/

 

 

  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

It's far enough along in his career to see that sugar high Allen is who he is at times. He's never going to be MVP because of that, and SB champ, not sure, we'll see. You can win the SB by just getting hot in the playoffs, for MVP, need to be great for a vast majority of the season.

I think every qb including the eventual mvp winner has games like this at least once or twice a season.  Even rodgers who threw 4 total ints all season last year was pretty horrible in 2 games 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think every qb including the eventual mvp winner has games like this at least once or twice a season.  Even rodgers who threw 4 total ints all season last year was pretty horrible in 2 games 

Allen has used up his quota of bad games.

Edited by Gene1973
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...