GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023

51 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

What happens if Warnock gets over 50% with the runoff already announced? 

It doesn't go to runoff, then. Though it may trigger a recount. And would look bad for the outlets that called the run off.

Remember that it is not the states or election agencies calling the races right now, it's the media. Media outlets using their models based on turnout, exit polls and vote tallies "call" the elections at this stage. Nothing is legally official until the states complete their counts..

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

The big thing with conservatives when it comes to abortion is such a huge chunk of them are pro-birth rather than actually being pro-life, and what it reflects about them. 

One of the examples is a good percentage of pro-life people are also against gay marriage, which can affect the ability to adopt. You could have a kid that's in a terrible foster home that a loving, supportive gay couple would like to adopt and the kid wants to go there and could be in a stable home, and they can refuse it if they are not comfortable with having gay parents. 

Here's what those conservatives want to tell a kid like that..."YOU shouldn't get to have that because of MY personal religious beliefs". It's sickening. It's not about the life of children, it's about control. It's a microcosm of what that party and wanting to integrate church into state is all about. The idea that they want "less government" is the biggest crock of ***** and most young people can see that. 

I'd probably consider myself more Libertarian than anything, because I actually want less government involvement.

Extremely good points

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

enjoy your long weekend, Arizona election workers!

That's tolerated incompetence, which I loathe more than the incompetence itself.  Probably highly paid incompetence that punches out at 5 on the dot every day.  

Is the 2024 election going to be based on 49 states since Arizona won't get their results in until after inauguration? 

This slow roll counting should piss off both parties.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dpberr said:

That's tolerated incompetence, which I loathe more than the incompetence itself.  Probably highly paid incompetence that punches out at 5 on the dot every day.  

Is the 2024 election going to be based on 49 states since Arizona won't get their results in until after inauguration? 

This slow roll counting should piss off both parties.   

THIS 👏🏼 IS 👏🏼 WHAT 👏🏼 DEMOCRACY 👏🏼 LOOKS 👏🏼 LIKE 👏🏼 

If you would’ve just renewed your NYT and WaPo subscriptions, you’d realize that this is totally normal and counting all the ballots in a timely manner is what the Russian bots want. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

THIS 👏🏼 IS 👏🏼 WHAT 👏🏼 DEMOCRACY 👏🏼 LOOKS 👏🏼 LIKE 👏🏼 

If you would’ve just renewed your NYT and WaPo subscriptions, you’d realize that this is totally normal and counting all the ballots in a timely manner is what the Russian bots want. 

Really? Because I heard more suitcases full of ballots will be arriving at the back door after midnight…😉

5 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

I've spoken to many people that said the Left went crazy but they would never vote for Trump.

So you're saying you've spoken to me.

Good point. We do need a rebalancing. It was always said that American politics (as opposed to many European countries) is played between the 40 yard lines. After the last 10 years or so, I'd like to see us go back to that model.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Lol at Pennsylvania. Dems basically said we are shutting down your energy industry and they are like sounds great we didn't want to have jobs anyways! Let's vote for the guy with possible brain damage (not making fun of his impairment but rather pointing out that healthwise he is unfit for office)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Lol at Pennsylvania. Dems basically said we are shutting down your energy industry and they are like sounds great we didn't want to have jobs anyways! Let's vote for the guy with possible brain damage (not making fun of his impairment but rather pointing out that healthwise he is unfit for office)

I get the whole “why are you voting against your own interests” stuff… and it used far too often…. But this is a fantastic example of it.  

Dems have literally told PA to get rekt when it comes to their energy industry. 

They instead voted for abortion (why?.. Shapiro as Gov will help set abortion policy) and, according to 60% of their electorate, against a man who wants to protect their industry because he’s from out of state.  

It is what it is.  I get it.  But they truly voted against their self interests by electing Fetterman, unless he pulls a Manchin and bucks his party on energy. 

16 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Alternative view. They said no thank you to a complete lunatic gov candidate and no thank you to a quack doctor from New Jersey. The GOP slate in PA was an embarrassment. If the two men who came in second in the primaries had won them, there would certainly be. GOP senator and maybe a governor. But they put up terrible candidates. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Alternative view. They said no thank you to a complete lunatic gov candidate and no thank you to a quack doctor from New Jersey. The GOP slate in PA was an embarrassment. If the two men who came in second in the primaries had won them, there would certainly be. GOP senator and maybe a governor. But they put up terrible candidates. 

I can understand that counter argument. Missed opportunity I suppose but either way the people of Pennsylvania lose

28 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

10 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

as often, provided rational and open minded thinking, Both of these can be 100% agreed and true. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Abortion and Oz being out of state is what exit polls show got Fetterman elected. 

Fetterman as Senator doesn’t drive state abortion laws.  

They can vote for Shapiro and Oz…

Shapiro sets abortion policy through the state legislature in PA.  

Oz protects their energy industry.  

Instead they voted for Fetterman, who’s party has openly declared war on a huge part of PA’s economy.   He’s going to need to be a Manchin type on energy or PA just screwed themselves.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Nevada is doing a bang up job eliciting confidence today.  

Clarke County officials snapping at reporters 

Washoe County, not to be outdone..

I'm going to cruse over there and slap them about a bit.  Damn cheaters.

Also, I really doubt any shenanigans in Washoe.  This isn't Las Vegas.

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They instead voted for abortion (why?..

Because this topic ***** matters. 

in 2022 girls who get pregnant that aren’t ready or willing to be mothers need the ability to opt out. 

Impregnation is a very crude biological process.  See food chain. This isn’t some Divinely miraculous moment where gods hands smushes a sperm into an egg.

A hornet in my attic has life, was spraying equal to abortion? 

As for those devout Catholics that live by the book, own it, don’t eat shrimp, and enjoy that you will not burn in hell, but stop insisting everyone else follow your rules. 

this one topic has allowed a lot of lousy underperforming politicians jobs and probably kept good ones out to.

Abortion need to become a religious topic, not a policy topic. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Because this topic ***** matters. 

in 2022 girls who get pregnant that aren’t ready or willing to be mothers need the ability to opt out. 

Impregnation is a very crude biological process.  See food chain. This isn’t some Divinely miraculous moment where gods hands smushes a sperm into an egg.

A hornet in my attic has life, was spraying equal to abortion? 

As for those devout Catholics that live by the book, own it, don’t eat shrimp, and enjoy that you will not burn in hell, but stop insisting everyone else follow your rules. 

this one topic has allowed a lot of lousy underperforming politicians jobs and probably kept good ones out to.

Abortion need to become a religious topic, not a policy topic. 

Calm down and re-read what I said.  

Also, you just compared human life to a hornet.. 

Senators don’t set abortion policy. 

It’s state policy.  Remember that little thing the Supreme Court did over the summer?  

Shapiro, I’m quite sure, will set a generous abortion policy in PA. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1