6-2 mid-season....not too shabby

Sweats

10 hours ago, BillsVet said:

LOL at the comparisons to Bills teams from 30 years ago.  Pre salary cap when Buffalo's roster was exceedingly better than just about every team in the league.  It's as if people cannot comprehend the game's changed markedly in the intervening years.

The loss to Miami was not good, nor the Jets loss.  It happens and every reasonable fan knew they weren't going 16-1 or 17-0.  

Doesn't mean it's fun to see division rivals win, albeit when they're home.  

At this point, it's time to see what this staff can do. For all the plaudits given them, at crucial times they seem caught flat-footed.  Time will tell.  

Who's comparing the 2 teams or the 2 eras?......i simply stated that the division nowadays reminds me of 30 years ago when the AFCEast was THE best division in the NFL for competing.

On 11/7/2022 at 10:05 PM, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Except we’ve seen this before.

A swoon is not a Playoff chances killer, but the whole point was to get the #1 seed.

We’ve done road Arrowhead twice and it sucks.

8 games in and we’re sitting here asking again about run game for the third year in a row, who is our #2, why don’t we have a Tight End, who is our Right Tackle this week, why does our offense go off the rails for 2-4 games every season? 

Road head 

Road arrowhead 

It's not too shabby in the context of reasonable expectations. AFC is wide open though.

1. Eagles

2. Chiefs

3. Dolphins

4. Vikings

5. Bills

6. Ravens

7. Cowboys

8. Jets

9. Chargers

10. Bengals

11. Seahawks

12. Giants

13. Titans

14. 49ers

15. Patriots

16. Bucs

17. Falcons

18. Commanders

19. Rams

20. Browns

21. Jaguars 

22. Broncos

23. Packers

24. Bears

25. Cardinals

26. Saints

27. Colts 

28. Lions

29. Raiders

30. Steelers

31. Panthers

32. Texans

2 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

The Bills would be 8-0 except for two short yardage failures against the Fins and Jets.

They need to be able to convert 1 yard runs 80% pf the time. If the lineman and running backs Buffalo has can't make that happen, then they need other guys. 

I look at it differently. The Bills need to win close games down the stretch. They failed against both the Dolphins and Jets. Someone has to step up and make a play. 

• Like (+1) 1

There was a lunatic caller this morning on The SirusXM Blitz with Bruce Murray on SiriusXM NFL Radio. He admitted he was a Baltimore fan and said there was a realistic chance Buffalo would not make the playoffs this year, even with Josh Allen. This is what he said:

Buffalo has to play New England twice, Miami, the Jets again, Minnesota, and Cincinnati, all of which will be tough games.

The Bills could have easily lost to KC and Baltimore as well.

Cincinnati and Baltimore are locks, as are KC, San Diego, Tennessee, and Miami. If that is so, Buffalo will be competing with the Jets and New England (I think he said) for the final spot, and anything could happen.

If Buffalo were really that good, they would be leading their division by 4.5 games, like Minnesota is.

Bruce and his guest shot him down right away, saying the Bills would have to go 2-7 in their next nine games to not make the playoff, and they have destroyed teams at home this year. It's not happening, even with Case Keenum in some of the games.

I'm just shocked someone actually thinks this way and they let him call in.

Edited by chongli

On 11/8/2022 at 1:22 AM, newcam2012 said:

That 90s Kelly led team was elite on both sides of the ball with huge playmakers. One should never compare those teams with the current Bills team. It's not even close. You have several Hall of famers from that team. Four straight super Bowl appearances. Stop with the non sense. There was no panic because they were that good. They proved it year after year. This version of the Bills has proven they can't even get to an AFC Championship game. Maybe that's why there's concern. 

Not sure if you truly remember those years and the QB controversy among fans, discussions of Jeff Wright, was our TE good enough. All these conversations came around and we're put to bed by them playing well. This Bills team is similar and the comparison is appropriate 

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

Not sure if you truly remember those years and the QB controversy among fans, discussions of Jeff Wright, was our TE good enough. All these conversations came around and we're put to bed by them playing well. This Bills team is similar and the comparison is appropriate 

Disagree strongly. Hall of famers on the team of the 90s:

Jim Kelly, James Lofton,  Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, and Thurman Thomas. I'm sorry there is no way no how this current team is close to the Bills teams of the 90s. Thomas was unbelievable on every level. I'll take a Bruce Smith over a Von Miller of today. Reed is a better version of Diggs. In the trenches the 90s Bills were by far better. Bennett was a game wrecker. That 9s team hands down was/is better than today's Bills. I'm not sure how you can't see that. 

14 hours ago, Airseven said:

It's not too shabby in the context of reasonable expectations. AFC is wide open though.

1. Eagles

2. Chiefs

3. Dolphins

4. Vikings

5. Bills

6. Ravens

7. Cowboys

8. Jets

9. Chargers

10. Bengals

11. Seahawks

12. Giants

13. Titans

14. 49ers

15. Patriots

16. Bucs

17. Falcons

18. Commanders

19. Rams

20. Browns

21. Jaguars 

22. Broncos

23. Packers

24. Bears

25. Cardinals

26. Saints

27. Colts 

28. Lions

29. Raiders

30. Steelers

31. Panthers

32. Texans

Why are the bills fifth on that list when we have a better record against everybody but the Eagles

7 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Disagree strongly. Hall of famers on the team of the 90s:

Jim Kelly, James Lofton,  Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, and Thurman Thomas. I'm sorry there is no way no how this current team is close to the Bills teams of the 90s. Thomas was unbelievable on every level. I'll take a Bruce Smith over a Von Miller of today. Reed is a better version of Diggs. In the trenches the 90s Bills were by far better. Bennett was a game wrecker. That 9s team hands down was/is better than today's Bills. I'm not sure how you can't see that. 

The team is built completely differently but the game is completely different. Tremaine Edmunds and Matt Milano don't exist in 1993. We could not even consider running out defense then. Josh can do things that Kelly could not even consider, and I disagree with Reed vs Diggs, if Diggs continues this for 6 more years he is going to the HOF

10 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

The team is built completely differently but the game is completely different. Tremaine Edmunds and Matt Milano don't exist in 1993. We could not even consider running out defense then. Josh can do things that Kelly could not even consider, and I disagree with Reed vs Diggs, if Diggs continues this for 6 more years he is going to the HOF

The huge difference makers are Thurman and Bruce Smith. This current team of RBs aren't even worthy of folding Thurm's underwear. Bruce Smith was a game wrecker that you absolutely had to game plan for. The lines were vastly better and clearly more consistent than this current Bills team. Tasker was elite on special teams. The 90s WR core is by far better as well. Beside Diggs this team has really no one who is proven or cobsistent. Allen can do more the Kelly. I agree there. But it was Kelly's ability to lead the team and win which distinguishes him over Allen. I'll put it this way. When the game was on the line you knew Kelly would lead the team down the field to victory. With Allen, you just don't have that level of confidence. Sure the game is different but in a vacuum the 90s team was special, elite, and it showed with 4 straight super bowls. What has the current team accomplished? In my mind it's not even remotely close. 

Edited by newcam2012

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.