Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

16 minutes ago, Success said:

Malik Willis almost beat the Chiefs yesterday.

This team would be fine w/ Keenum for an extended period.  I doubt it comes to that, but if it happened, we're built to succeed regardless.  Too much recency bias based on a bad game yesterday.

No.  He did not.  Henry almost beat them.  We don't have a RB1

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, arcane said:

I'm nervous bros.

Honestly, if the cover 1 staff/geary Twitter stuff didn't happen though, from everything else out there I'd feel a lot less nervous. Most signs outside of those whispers seem to indicate short term 

Basically.

Tommy John is trending on Twitter. 

Legit reporters indicated there are concerns and unknowns but likely short term. 

Twitter clout chasers … Tommy John, confirmed. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Success said:

Malik Willis almost beat the Chiefs yesterday.

This team would be fine w/ Keenum for an extended period.  I doubt it comes to that, but if it happened, we're built to succeed regardless.  Too much recency bias based on a bad game yesterday.

No he didn't lmao. DERRICK HENRY and they defense almost did. They lost because Willis did nothing. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Basically.

Tommy John is trending on Twitter. 

Legit reporters indicated there are concerns and unknowns but likely short term. 

Twitter clout chasers … Tommy John, confirmed. 

What happens is that so many people are baseball fans. In baseball, when you hear UCL it almost always means Tommy John. In football, TJ surgery is extremely rare.

2 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

No he didn't lmao. DERRICK HENRY and they defense almost did. They lost because Willis did nothing. 

Every response to my comment has been the same.

The point is that good teams can still find a way to compete, whatever that is. We have a capable backup QB.  We won't be lost.

Just now, Success said:

The point is that good teams can still find a way to compete, whatever that is. We have a capable backup QB.  We won't be lost.

Allen is basically the entire offense, so I suspect they will fall off a cliff without him but we’ll see I guess.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Success said:

Have you seen the running game and the offensive line?  Keenum will be destroyed back there lmao

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I think Injuries are going to derail this season unfortunately. I don’t remember a season with so many. The more & more I think of it, last season was our window for the Super Bowl. The bad luck this team has faced with injuries to key players is absolutely ridiculous. I’m really hoping I’m wrong and this team can overcome the extreme adversity they’ve faced this year, but it’s not looking good. Our run defense issues from last year are starting to resurface and we’re lacking a true playmaker other than Diggs. I used to get so annoyed by the OBJ fan boys, but I’m starting to think this is the right move. 

OBJ is useless if Allen is on the shelf. But anyway, i feel like this is year 2 of a legit 4 year window.  The stupid 13 seconds though. We all knew at the time that was lining up to be our SB. we had the best team, but the best team doesn’t always win. Now the injury bug and some guys underperforming. Ugh.

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Have you seen the running game and the offensive line?  Keenum will be destroyed back there lmao

Its not that simple.  

To run the ball, you actually have to … run the ball.  

We don’t do that.  We token hand off.  

There’s no way they run the same passing offense with Keenum.   Likely more quick hitters and PA deep shots. 

The Offense is likely much different. 

Might still be a disaster, but it won’t be the same offense.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Success said:

Capable?  Yes. Is he Allen?  Not even close. Allen and Diggs are the offense and keenum offers no threat of running. Teams will dare him to throw and we don’t have a run game to fall back on. If Allen misses time, we will be anything but ok. 

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

OBJ is useless if Allen is on the shelf. But anyway, i feel like this is year 2 of a legit 4 year window.  The stupid 13 seconds though. We all knew at the time that was lining up to be our SB. we had the best team, but the best team doesn’t always win. Now the injury bug and some guys underperforming. Ugh.

this same team was playing poor football for a stretch last season. Weren’t we 7-6? 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Its not that simple.  

There’s no way they run the same passing offense with Keenum.   Likely more quick hitters and PA deep shots. 

I guarantee you if keenum sees time, they will run more. They almost have to. It would be comical to see keenum slinging it to Diggs and the rest of our JAG receivers. 

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Capable?  Yes. Is he Allen?  Not even close. Allen and Diggs are the offense and keenum offers no threat of running. Teams will dare him to throw and we don’t have a run game to fall back on. If Allen misses time, we will be anything but ok. 

Think the Cowboys said the same thing when Prescott went down.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Its not that simple.  

It is that simple.   You could have Jesus Christ in at RB.  No push from the oline.  They suck 

5 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

that’s not the criteria for a backup QB. You want your backup to get you to .500. I have no doubt that Case can help us go 2-2 if he has to start the next four. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Its not that simple.  

Exactly. There is talent all over this offense - they'll just approach it a different way.

And as bad as the D looked at times yesterday, it's still among the best in the league. I don't think Allen misses any time - but if he does, we're not falling off a cliff.

• Like (+1) 1

Does anyone have insight into Vegas?

Line hasn’t moved and I’d be shocked if Allen plays Sunday. 

They obviously know about his status..

Anyone have any idea of what other typical lines have looked like with this caliber of QB’s status up in the air?   

Maybe Mahomes when he had that foot issue?  

Wondering if they are as in the dark as we are and won’t change the line until official word comes out. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.