Fanbases Most Deserving Of Success

corta765

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Lions are top of the list for me. At least in the NFL. They're even above us if you look at it objectively.

Haven't won a playoff game since Barry was playing and have never (at least in my years of watching) had a genuinely great team. 

Yes...they have won 1 playoff game since 1957. An astounding 65 years of futility.

2 minutes ago, chongli said:

No Jacksonville? They should be high on the list, even though they are still new, relatively speaking.

I had them 10th. Of teams that haven’t won the SB it feels like everyone else has a more compelling case not that the Jags haven’t been really bad.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

I had them 10th. Of teams that haven’t won the SB it feels like everyone else has a more compelling case not that the Jags haven’t been really bad.

Jags have made 2 AFC Championship games in their relatively short existence and should have beaten NE in Foxboro with Blaine Gabbert to go to the Super Bowl the last time they were there

Edited by Big Turk

Just now, Big Turk said:

Yes...they have won 1 playoff game since 1957. An astounding 65 years of futility.

the amount of truly wild stats on other teams success compared to the lions or things in life not existing since their last division crown are just unreal.

I’ve honestly wondered what Lions fans would do if they went 11-5 and made it to just the NFC title again. I gotta believe you’d see some wild fandom

Just now, Big Turk said:

Jags have made 2 AFC Championship games in their relatively short existence and should have beaten NE in Foxboro with Blaine Gabbert to go to the Super Bowl the last time they were there

Blake Bortles but they basically are the same QB lol. I probably could’ve swapped them with Houston to move them up at least, but after that just feels like everyone else has a more compelling case.

4 minutes ago, corta765 said:

the amount of truly wild stats on other teams success compared to the lions or things in life not existing since their last division crown are just unreal.

I’ve honestly wondered what Lions fans would do if they went 11-5 and made it to just the NFC title again. I gotta believe you’d see some wild fandom

Blake Bortles but they basically are the same QB lol. I probably could’ve swapped them with Houston to move them up at least, but after that just feels like everyone else has a more compelling case.

LMAO...do the Jags haver the most sucky QB's whose names start with "Bl" in NFL history? I get those two confused

Edited by Big Turk

Cleveland - Best case scenario would be they get some good evidence on Watson and he goes to jail, Cleveland has 10 more years of sucking and so they decide to throw in the towel and move the franchise to London, and they never win a super bowl. But I'll take them continuingly missing the playoffs for all of eternity if not the first option.

Detroit deserves some success. I can't subscribe to anyone in the AFC doing well as that would interfere with our plans.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

The Canton Bulldogs, they haven’t won anything since 1923

I can't feel sorry for them.  They were the highest scoring team in the league that year and finished undefeated (11-0-1).   The only blemish on their near-perfect record was a tie against us (Buffalo All-Americans) that they 'earned' on a disputed last-second field goal.   Screw them!

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Lions are top of the list for me. At least in the NFL. They're even above us if you look at it objectively.

Haven't won a playoff game since Barry was playing and have never (at least in my years of watching) had a genuinely great team. 

Nobody is above the Bills because they represent the city of Buffalo. Detroit has won championships.  Lots of them.  Baseball.  Hockey.  Basketball.  Many of them have happened in the last two decades.  As for the Lions, they really don't deserve anything.  The Bills had great teams that ran into arguable the greatest string of coaches in NFL history.  Parcells, Johnson, and Gibbs. Unreal. 

41 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Oh duh! I only counted 30 teams besides Buffalo but I see you excluded Cleveland, and hence, didn't number them.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yeah, but..

when they won those NFL/NFC Titles, the ensuing Super Bowls were played in nice weather.. I loved watching them play in Metropolitan Park back in the day. 
In the ice & snow, when Men played football!

gotdamit!

9076823C-266B-45FA-B87A-59DA37983295.jpeg

That is not the finger I usually get from people, so I’ll take it and call it a win! 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Detroit Lions - Just the fact they have any fans at all is truly amazing.

Cleveland Browns - But not until Watson Flames out of the league, Jimmie Haslam is no longer the owner or in prison, and the GMs new title involves the words Urinal and Cakes. None of this **** sandwich is the fans fault.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

1. Detroit Lions - So here are some hard and I mean hard facts. The Lions have won exactly 2 playoff games since the SB era started and none since 92. The Browns managed to move and take a three year hiatus and they have won a playoff game more recently. Losing when your good hurts, losing AND being irrelevant with no sign of light is down right maddening and depressing to a level that is unmatched. Also they managed to force retirement of two of the all time best players ever because they are so bad.

.Saw a guy at the gym this morning wearing a Lions t-shirt, as I passed him I was tempted to say "Sorry"

• Haha (+1) 1

Chargers are tough because I agree them moving took away my ability to emphasize as that is not their home.

That is an interesting way to look at things, it would absolutely change things. Detroit has had a ton of success in all of their other teams to the point it is as though they made a deal with the Lions to be awful forever so the rest have good years.

I've spent a lot of time in SD this year, as a midwestern native and I fell in love with the place. It's not the California stereotype I was expecting. Loved the vibe, seemed like they could back a sports team. I'm curious what it was like there when the Chargers played. They seem to love the Padres. I'm originally from Detroit area and two things I just can't get over when it comes to running a bad franchise. You had a generational talent in Barry. Then you had a generational talent in Calvin Johnson, with Stafford throwing to him no less and they couldn't do more? That is the depths of depressing. At least during our drought you could say we didn't have the right players. Imagine a team with Stafford and Calvin Johnson and you still can't build enough talent to win? Decent fan base as well.

That said, we are a definitive number one. We have fans across the country born from the early 90's who never got off the wagon. Very few fan bases are as loyal and deserving as Buffalo. It will almost be weird when we finally win one. Oddly, I think as a result of all this we have a lot of the fair weather love the last few years but I will take it. It's great seeing us being somewhat of a media darling after 20+ years of being an afterthought.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.