Covid Protocols 2023

https://www.semafor.com/article/01/19/2023/in-new-memoir-mike-pompeo-says-trump-told-him-to-shut-the-hell-up-about-china

Tibs, we should allow our barbarian side out more often.

According to Pompeo, who listened in to the call, Xi told Trump that his cabinet member was jeopardizing the “phase one” trade deal that the principals had just agreed to. Pompeo believed that Xi was trying to get Trump to fire him — “My Mike, that ***** guy hates you!” the president said after the call — and a few days later, in the Oval Office, Trump told Pompeo that he was “putting us all at risk” by angering Xi, in part because the United States still needed protective health equipment from China.

Edited by redtail hawk

56 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

https://www.semafor.com/article/01/19/2023/in-new-memoir-mike-pompeo-says-trump-told-him-to-shut-the-hell-up-about-china

Tibs, we should allow our barbarian side out more often.

According to Pompeo, who listened in to the call, Xi told Trump that his cabinet member was jeopardizing the “phase one” trade deal that the principals had just agreed to. Pompeo believed that Xi was trying to get Trump to fire him — “My Mike, that ***** guy hates you!” the president said after the call — and a few days later, in the Oval Office, Trump told Pompeo that he was “putting us all at risk” by angering Xi, in part because the United States still needed protective health equipment from China.

I read that three times and still haven’t a clue what point is being made. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I read that three times and still haven’t a clue what point is being made. 

i figured that since the authors explained it, that i didn't need to.  Wrong.

It's about trump's duplicity re China especially in ref to Covid.

"Trump, who said today that he would ban Chinese nationals from buying American farmland or energy companies, has criticized Xi and the CCP repeatedly since leaving office. He spent much of his term in a trade war with China, culminating in the “phase one” agreement, which expired thirteen months ago, and has accused President Joe Biden of being personally compromised by Chinese money, signaling how he’d use the issue in a 2024 campaign.

Pompeo’s story goes after Trump’s credibility on that issue, reminding readers that the former president favored a friendlier approach to Xi than he did. He even quotes a Jan. 2020 tweet that Democrats have thrown back at Trump, thanking China for its effort to “contain the coronavirus” and ending with “on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

“I was not happy that the president had tweeted that,” Pompeo writes."

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

i figured that since the authors explained it, that i didn't need to.  Wrong.

It's about trump's duplicity re China especially in ref to Covid.

"Trump, who said today that he would ban Chinese nationals from buying American farmland or energy companies, has criticized Xi and the CCP repeatedly since leaving office. He spent much of his term in a trade war with China, culminating in the “phase one” agreement, which expired thirteen months ago, and has accused President Joe Biden of being personally compromised by Chinese money, signaling how he’d use the issue in a 2024 campaign.

Pompeo’s story goes after Trump’s credibility on that issue, reminding readers that the former president favored a friendlier approach to Xi than he did. He even quotes a Jan. 2020 tweet that Democrats have thrown back at Trump, thanking China for its effort to “contain the coronavirus” and ending with “on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

“I was not happy that the president had tweeted that,” Pompeo writes."

This is what ‘you guys’ have simply never understood about Trump. His negotiation style is to verbally butter up his adversaries while playing hardball with them on the actual terms. Not sure why you don’t get it. Now, I’m not saying it works every time, but it’s clearly his style. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This is what ‘you guys’ have simply never understood about Trump. His negotiation style is to verbally butter up his adversaries while playing hardball with them on the actual terms. Not sure why you don’t get it. Now, I’m not saying it works every time, but it’s clearly his style. 

umm, we get it and we hate that a guy whose been bankrupt multiple times was gambling with our lives and never, ever want to see it happen again.

32 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Gambled with your life? Oh come on!

search trump covid mishandling.  Many, many pieces summarizing his failures and their costs.  here's a random one from thee top off the list (early in the pandemic):  https://www.americanprogress.org/article/5-ways-trump-administrations-policy-failures-compounded-coronavirus-induced-economic-crisis/

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

search trump covid mishandling.  Many, many pieces summarizing his failures and their costs.  here's a random one from thee top off the list (early in the pandemic):  https://www.americanprogress.org/article/5-ways-trump-administrations-policy-failures-compounded-coronavirus-induced-economic-crisis/

Sheessh…..you really need a hobby. This kind of nonsense isn’t good for you. 

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

They are clueless people with no hope for understanding how life works.

Trump was/is a total Jack-rabbit but his actions/policies were infinitely better for all of us, as these clowns (and all of us) will unfortunately soon find out.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

They are clueless people with no hope for understanding how life works.

Trump was/is a total Jack-rabbit but his actions/policies were infinitely better for all of us, as these clowns (and all of us) will unfortunately soon find out.

How life works...a best seller for sure.  Can't wait for your publication (and the author bio)

Edited by redtail hawk

19 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Are there people other than chigoose that actually do this? Everyone in a blue state I guess. Fat dumb hicks in red states just die from attending parties without testing first. 

Yes, we'd all rather be arguing with dumbfks than going to dinner parties, eating at great restaurants with friends, skiing some of the best terrain in N America and snowmobiling around Yellowstone.  Meanwhile, only a million or so Americans have died.  Party on Garth! How life works, indeed.

Edited by redtail hawk

20 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Yes, we'd all rather be arguing with dumbfks than going to dinner parties, eating at great restaurants with friends, skiing some of the best terrain in N America and snowmobiling around Yellowstone.  Meanwhile, only a million or so Americans have died.  Party on Garth! How life works, indeed.

Test away. That’s the only way, along with masking/vax/doing your part staying six feet apart that we’ll ever come out the other side. Be afraid!!

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Test away. That’s the only way, along with masking/vax/doing your part staying six feet apart that we’ll ever come out the other side. Be afraid!!

Luckily, I believe in evolution.  Survival of the fittest and all that. Darwin was right.  Wanna race to the finish?  Should be ready by then.  pretty sure there's still spots this year.  It's only 50 bucks. I'll wear a Bills cap so you can recognize me.

Edited by redtail hawk

6 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Dude. You should be friggin embarrassed as a MD citing this nonsense as anything other than propaganda. 

Seriously, wtf?

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Dude. You should be friggin embarrassed as a MD citing this nonsense as anything other than propaganda. 

Seriously, wtf?

If what Trump did was "mishandling," what do you call what Joke has done?  Inexcusable incompetence?

12 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

yeah, if I didn't get Covid at church, I'd be skiing in Jackson Hole right now.

You just recently got Covid at church, and that’s Trump’s fault? First, he hasn’t been in office for over two years. Second, how the heck do you know where you contracted Covid? Third, does Trump go to your church? Finally, that is a shame. I’ve never been to Jackson Hole but I’m betting the skiing is amazing right now. We’ve had lots of rain/snow out west.

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You just recently got Covid at church, and that’s Trump’s fault? First, he hasn’t been in office for over two years. Second, how the heck do you know where you contracted Covid? Third, does Trump go to your church? Finally, that is a shame. I’ve never been to Jackson Hole but I’m betting the skiing is amazing right now. We’ve had lots of rain/snow out west.

You said I needed a hobby.  Unfortunately, most of mine involve being around other folks.  But since this is a political forum...the vax rate in my region is relatively low on a developed world, international basis.  Trump fought mandatory vax tooth and nail.  Worse, after he got sick and received a booster, he kept it quiet when the responsible, humanist thing to do was get filmed getting it and explaining why he felt so compelled.  But yes, bit of a downer.  Feel like sh!t for about a week and emails I'm getting from wyoming are very positive.  Probably will need to wait til next year for a rockies trip but that's life.

Edited by redtail hawk

Just now, redtail hawk said:

You said I needed a hobby.  Unfortunately, most of mine involve bering around other folks.  But since this is a political forum...the tax rate in my region is relatively low on a developed world, international basis.  Trump fought mandatory vax tooth and nail.  Worse, after he got sick and received a booster, he kept it quiet when the responsible, humanist thing to do was get filmed getting it and explaining why he felt so compelled.

Hanks for the clarification. Virtually my entire family got Covid last Christmas. We all spent it sequestered from each other and everyone else. The vast majority of us are vaccinated! I’m not sure what you still believe those vaccines are supposed to do but they DEFINITELY do not keep you from getting or spreading Covid. 

• Like (+1) 1

Covid protocol for 2023 come up with a new variant & tell every one how infectious it is to keep them scared to keep the sheople in their place !! 

It still amazes me when you see someone outside with no one with in 100 yds of them with a mask on or the ones all alone in car driving down the road with a mask on them silly Bidenites ... 😪

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hanks for the clarification. Virtually my entire family got Covid last Christmas. We all spent it sequestered from each other and everyone else. The vast majority of us are vaccinated! I’m not sure what you still believe those vaccines are supposed to do but they DEFINITELY do not keep you from getting or spreading Covid. 

At this point, they keep you from going to the hospital and ending up on a vent.  If they were universally adopted early, it would very likely be a different story.  Mutations would still occur albeit more slowly.  Look at death rates in various areas of the country with low and high vax rates.  Vanderbilt did an excellent study between Nashville (which itself still has a fair number of morons) and backwoods areas of the state where it's mostly unvaxed morons.  The results were as I certainly expected.  you can't fix stupid.  btw, the odds are very good that the same variant will invade a single household so sequestering from already infected family members is likely unnecessary.

Edited by redtail hawk

At this point, they keep you from going to the hospital and ending up on a vent.  If they were universally adopted early, it would very likely be a different story.  Mutations would still occur albeit more slowly.  Look at death rates in various areas of the country with low and high vax rates.  Vanderbilt did an excellent study between Nashville (which itself still has a fair number of morons) and backwoods areas of the state where it's mostly untaxed morons.  The results were as I certainly expected.

And what does that have to do with Trump? He’s the one that kick started the vaccine! It’s the current President that lied about its actual purpose. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And what does that have to do with Trump? He’s the one that kick started the vaccine! It’s the current President that lied about its actual purpose. 

At least Biden tried to make vax mandatory for gov't workers and healthcare workers.  Plenty of holdout hospital systems in Red states still.  And the R's did everything possible to undermine it's positive effects.

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

At this point, they keep you from going to the hospital and ending up on a vent.  https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-covid-casualties-vaccines-idUSL1N32R1UI

Make of it what will. From the link:

Misleading. Data collected by the CDC from September 2021 to September 2022 and described in a Washington Post article shows that a majority of people dying from COVID-19 in the U.S. had been vaccinated because the majority of people in the U.S. are vaccinated, and does not reflect vaccine effectiveness.

In other words, sure vaccinated people are dying of covid but that doesn’t mean the vax doesn’t work. 🤦 

At least Biden tried to make vax mandatory for gov't workers and healthcare workers.  Plenty of holdout hospital systems in Red states still.  And the R's did everything possible to undermine it's positive effects.

So the lie justifies the results? You’re all over the place here. There was and is absolutely zero need for everyone to be vaccinated against this virus. If politicians hadn’t gotten involved (hoping to unseat a President) we’d have simply vaccinated the vulnerable and gotten on with life much sooner.

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

Make of it what will. From the link:

Misleading. Data collected by the CDC from September 2021 to September 2022 and described in a Washington Post article shows that a majority of people dying from COVID-19 in the U.S. had been vaccinated because the majority of people in the U.S. are vaccinated, and does not reflect vaccine effectiveness.

In other words, sure vaccinated people are dying of covid but that doesn’t mean the vax doesn’t work. 🤦 

OR (more likely) the anti vax holdouts have enabled the virus to become indigenous  and now, even with vaccination on a massive scale, we're all still at risk and some of those people still die. (esp the old and infirm).

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

OR (more likely) the anti vax holdouts have enabled the virus to become indigenous  and now, even with vaccination on a massive scale, we're all still at risk and some of those people still die. (esp the old and infirm).

How do you explain a vax/mask compliant nation like Japan being at a one year high for covid deaths? Red state hillbillies infiltrated the island? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

So it's the unvaccinated's fault that the vaccine doesn't work, very interesting.

• Like (+1) 1