Covid Protocols 2023

The mask thing with Asians in general has always been a thing. There's an H mart Asian market that I've been going to for years and during the winter / flu season there were always the majority of Asian patrons wearing masks even pre pandemic.

For another anecdotal data point I flipped onto a Japanese league baseball game the other day. Everyone in the crowd was masked. Not sure if it's mandatory there still or not. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Pfizer COVID vaccine price hike to boost revenue for years, rivals may follow

Oct 21 (Reuters) - Pfizer's plan to as much as quadruple U.S. prices for its COVID-19 vaccine next year is beyond Wall Street's expectations and will spur its revenue for years despite weaker than anticipated demand for the new booster shot so far, analysts said.

The drugmaker, which developed and sells the vaccine with Germany's BioNTech (22UAy.DE), said on Thursday evening that it is targeting a range of $110 to $130 a dose for the vaccine once the United States moves to a commercial market next year.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/pfizer-covid-vaccine-price-hike-seen-giving-revenue-boost-years-2022-10-21/

9 minutes ago, ALF said:

Pfizer COVID vaccine price hike to boost revenue for years, rivals may follow

Oct 21 (Reuters) - Pfizer's plan to as much as quadruple U.S. prices for its COVID-19 vaccine next year is beyond Wall Street's expectations and will spur its revenue for years despite weaker than anticipated demand for the new booster shot so far, analysts said.

The drugmaker, which developed and sells the vaccine with Germany's BioNTech (22UAy.DE), said on Thursday evening that it is targeting a range of $110 to $130 a dose for the vaccine once the United States moves to a commercial market next year.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/pfizer-covid-vaccine-price-hike-seen-giving-revenue-boost-years-2022-10-21/

We shall see if they will be vilified like big oil regarding price gouging.  

BTW is the government still paying for these vaccines?  

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

We shall see if they will be vilified like big oil regarding price gouging.  

BTW is the government still paying for these vaccines?  

AUGUST 19, 2022

The US government will no longer pay for Covid-19 vaccines, treatments

While the administration has signed purchase agreements for updated vaccine doses in the fall, in other ways, the transition has already begun. According to the Journal, the Biden administration in August stopped supplying monoclonal antibody treatments. And Eli Lilly in August shifted to commercial sales of its Covid-19 monoclonal antibody treatment to states, hospitals, and other healthcare providers.

"My hope is that in 2023, you're going to see the commercialization of almost all of these products. Some of that is actually going to begin this fall, in the days and weeks ahead," Jha said. "You're going to see commercialization of some of these things."

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2022/08/19/covid-costs

looks like shifting the cost to health insurance companies

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Posting this as a public service to the resident lefties. You’re welcome and please remember that two masks is better than one. 

I used to think she was intelligent and enjoyed her columns, which now I wonder if she changed or I was being mislead.

On 10/19/2022 at 6:30 PM, Big Blitz said:

Does the sentence you can kiss my hairy white ass mean anything to the CDC !! 

What ever happened to following the science children are the least likely to have any complications from the stuff ... 

Edited by T master

1 hour ago, T master said:

Does the sentence you can kiss my hairy white ass mean anything to the CDC !! 

What ever happened to following the science children are the least likely to have any complications from the stuff ... 

Not nearly as profitable as following the money.

• Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Yale University requiring bivalent booster shot for spring semester. 

“Faculty and staff are automatically exempt from the mandates.”

https://www.campusreform.org/article?id=20582

Explain that.

Per the data from this election season these “kids” voted for it.  Gave it their stamp of approval 

Get out of blue states.  Avoid these dumps posing as institutions of higher learning to be a commie

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Yale University requiring bivalent booster shot for spring semester. 

“Faculty and staff are automatically exempt from the mandates.”

https://www.campusreform.org/article?id=20582

Explain that.

So faculty/ staff who are older and are more likely to have underlying conditions that compromise their immune response are exempt?

But students who are mostly25 and under and are largely NOT at risk from covid are mandated to get boosted?

:lol:

I spent seven years of my career researching improved vaccine formulations.

These people are nucking futs.

But follow the science!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/20/2022 at 11:28 AM, dpberr said:

This is a clever attempt by the vaccine manufacturers to escape liability once the emergency declaration expires, if it ever will.  I suspect they've been told that it expires sometime next year, or with a Republican held Congress, they end it.  I also suspect the VICP isn't going to cover COVID shots.  Money talks - if the government isn't going to put the shots in that fund, you have to think real long and hard about putting that product into a child's body.

I don't think states will bite though because if you mandate it and something goes wrong, there's no federal fund to handle the lawsuits like there is for the other vaccine shots and parents turn to the mandating body for compensation. 

This is EXACTLY why I think they are pushing for this.  As an emergency declaration, there is no liability.  Once that expires, the manufacturer will be liable....UNLESS, they can get it mandated as a shot for children...

In short, if they can make it mandatory to get this into the arms of children, they don't have to worry about lawsuits.  Pure evil.

• Agree 1