FiOS NOT carrying CBS?? Therefore NO Bills Game Broadcast!!!

Never NEVER Give-up

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Good. Did you even try to put a cable in where the antenna goes though?

23 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

I did not. It really works to plug directly into back of tv?

This conversation almost tops the one I had decades ago. My father up on the roof putting/adjusting the outdoor aerial antenna on the chimney, circa 1970, yelling down to my mother to yell to me in the house to turn the antenna receiver knob.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Antenna? It's not like they have FIOS in areas in the middle of nowhere where you can't pick up a broadcast signal. If you have FIOS you are in an area with a decent sized population where it should be easy to pick up a signal.

A $10-15 antenna from Walmart is all you need.

I know these stations want to make you believe it's some huge problem, but it's broadcast for free over the air still.

CBS was shown on broadcast TV long before FIOS and will be on long after they are gone or stop carrying it.

It's actually comical how many people freak out about this kind of stuff and fail to realize there is an easy free alternative available 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Yea, dump that over priced garbage and get YouTube TV

Recall last winter You Tube TV had similar issue with local channels being removed for contract dispute.  I was traveling up in PA at the time, think it was the local CBS or Fox station.  So no one is immune to this.

I have you tube TV as own two houses in different locations so one way to have one TV package including locals usable in two locations.  Also is one of the better packages WRT available sports stations

20 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Antenna? It's not like they have FIOS in areas in the middle of nowhere where you can't pick up a broadcast signal. If you have FIOS you are in an area with a decent sized population where it should be easy to pick up a signal.

I know these stations want to make you believe it's some huge problem, but it's broadcast for free over the air still.

CBS was shown on broadcast TV long before FIOS and will be on long after they are gone or stop carrying it.

It's actually comical how many people freak out about this kind of stuff and fail to realize there is an easy free alternative available 

When Verizon wasn't showing the local ABC channel in Albany I found that I could not record programs or rewind TV with the antenna that I had to use during the dispute.  It also meant if I wanted to watch a show I had to watch it only during the time it was on.  Free TV has its disadvantages.  I'm willing to pay not to have them.  

21 hours ago, Big Turk said:

My antenna works well in OP, but I think they do have FIOs in more "remote" areas like Ellicottville. Not sure how the signal is down there.

5 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

When Verizon wasn't showing the local ABC channel in Albany I found that I could not record programs or rewind TV with the antenna that I had to use during the dispute.  It also meant if I wanted to watch a show I had to watch it only during the time it was on.  Free TV has its disadvantages.  I'm willing to pay not to have them.  

That's not true. I have an OTA digital inverter with built in DVR when you put a USB memory clip in.  They're available.

I'd program it to record twilight zone every night at 1230 am, for example. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The last time I taped a show was with a VCR. Worked flawlessly. I guess people don't use these anymore. 😂

Paramount+ is always an option...think there is a free trial and it's only like $7-8 a month. Only issue is you will be behind the live broadcast so if you have notifications of any kind of your phone you'll get them prior to the play happening.

Edited by Big Turk

13 hours ago, chongli said:

The last time I taped a show was with a VCR. Worked flawlessly. I guess people don't use these anymore. 😂

They're not compatible with digital signals without a digital tuner.  Also not compatible with my cable box, and the last time I recorded on a VCR, it was in low def.  

13 hours ago, boyst said:

That's not true. I have an OTA digital inverter with built in DVR when you put a USB memory clip in.  They're available.

I'd program it to record twilight zone every night at 1230 am, for example. 

It's true when I didn't invest in more equipment that 99% of the time I don't need.  Not worth 1% to add that stuff.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.