[Name Only Title] Antonio Gibson

gonzo1105

45 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He offers more than another rotational rb that gets playing time…. So it’s not lateral.  It’s an upgrade 

It's not an upgrade. He is not a significant upgrade over what we have. It makes no sense to trade for a RB that is still gonna backup or play behind Singletary. If we trade for a RB, go for the difference maker. That's not Gibson. Plus, he fumbles a ton

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

This board hates every NFL running back...

To slow

To old

Injury prone

If he is available,  he must suck

Fumbles

No vision

Doesn't fit McDs profile 

To short

To tall

To thin

To fat

To many tattoos 

No power

Not a team player

To expensive 

Ugly wife

Hands are to small

Cocky

Not cocky enough 

Can't find hole

He is a bad driver, wrecks cars

So pass pass pass

And those are just the guys on our team.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, 947 said:

That's the kind of RB trade I can see happening. We're not trading a 1st rounder for anybody, but Gibson could probably be had for a 3rd or 4th.

Guys ... if you think Gibson is a good RB or is worth a 3rd or 4th, you haven't been watching him.

There's a reason they drafted another RB this year and are immediately starting him.

8 hours ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

I’m in for this. Guy is on a toxic team. Had insane combine numbers. Yes he fumbles but it can be fixed. Yes he is indecisive with his running lanes but can also be coached and for the right price I can deal with it. His current oline is trash. I’m in. 

He's benched on the toxic team.  Are we sure he's not the toxic one?

• Eyeroll 1

I think with the right cost associated, I would agree. Actually in the CMC thread it was one of the suggestions I made. Gibson is a good RB...he's not Adrian Peterson or Barry Sanders, but he is a good RB and in the right offense with the right support, he can be an integral piece of the puzzle. 

People look at RB numbers and forget that it takes blocking, scheme fit, and a passing game so the Defense doesn't put 6 or more guys in the box to be productive. Washington hasn't had a legit passing offense in so many years. If the Bills could land him for a 5th or 6th and Moss - you pull the trigger. He's different than any other back and could be the balance to Cook down the road when Cook is basically the starting RB. Gibson is definitely valuable to the Bills or any team that doesn't rely on the RB to *be* the Offense for the team. 

16 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

He's benched on the toxic team.  Are we sure he's not the toxic one?

Not sure but the organization, oline and coaching are trash. I wouldn’t mind giving him a shot. NFL players need to be coached like men not yelled at like they are 17 year olds like Rivera does. Also we have to remember that the guy has only played RB for a few years. He was a WR in college. 

Edited by BrainwashedBillsFan

5 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I think with the right cost associated, I would agree. Actually in the CMC thread it was one of the suggestions I made. Gibson is a good RB...he's not Adrian Peterson or Barry Sanders, but he is a good RB and in the right offense with the right support, he can be an integral piece of the puzzle. 

People look at RB numbers and forget that it takes blocking, scheme fit, and a passing game so the Defense doesn't put 6 or more guys in the box to be productive. Washington hasn't had a legit passing offense in so many years. If the Bills could land him for a 5th or 6th and Moss - you pull the trigger. He's different than any other back and could be the balance to Cook down the road when Cook is basically the starting RB. Gibson is definitely valuable to the Bills or any team that doesn't rely on the RB to *be* the Offense for the team. 

This guy gets it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Teams should absolutely be calling Washington to get Antonio Gibson out of there for a late draft pick, doubt he's a fit on the Bills though. He's a pretty solid RB and his usage is baffling, I'm guessing Ron Rivera does not trust him because of his fumbling issues last year, that's the only thing that makes sense. Brian Robinson looks so average but Rivera straight up said he's the lead RB and he got all the carries last night. 

6 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Cam Akers will be a Bill!! Stsy tuned

So I'm an FSU fan and I know the potential of Cam Akers but you literally hated the idea of Antonio Gibson who has a 4.35 ypc average 2,200 total yards,  21 TDs in 2 years but you love the idea of Cam Akers who has had an injury history, carries a 3.9 ypc, highest total rushing yardage at 625 yards and 4 TD's in his career. 

Cant make this stuff up. I know the upside of Akers is high but he has literally shown nothing in the NFL that would make me giddy over a guy like Antonio Gibson who you were against. 

Gibson got replaced by Brian Robinson and Akers has been replaced by a guy who played with Gibson in college who split time with each other at Memphis. Literally can't make up the irony here. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.