Tulsi Gabbard Leaves Dem Party

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

She’s pretty much a one topic politician. I’ve never heard her speak on any topic other than our involvement in foreign wars. (It could be that’s all she’s asked to comment on.) I’ve always given her a pass since she actually served, but to be in Congress you have to care about more than just one issue. 

When I hear her talk about it I applaud her cuz she's right and the only one to say so.

She talks about other stuff like how then Senator Harris had put a lot of people in jail for smoking weed and then joked about smoking it herself on the radio in the debate.

Edited by reddogblitz

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Sure you did.  Putin can't even take over Ukraine.  He has no chance to ever be another Hitler.

Hitler had a monster of a war machine. Definitely not the paper tiger the Russians have along with very weak minded “service” members less the Chechens/Wagner group(they mean af). Almost all of Russians GDP comes from natural resources (mainly oil) with 50 percent directly into the military coffers. Problem is; this is unsustainable due to oligarchs skimming, false readiness reports, inability to produce cutting edge technologies i.e. chips, software development/upgrades etc…This thing will be over mid winter when the Russians have been bloodied enough and the population groups throughout Russia say no more. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The thing with Tulsi is, that no matter what side she's on, she's always gonna provide that boring C grade hype. Nobody likes her. Hawaiians didn't even like her. She's not some popular force, she's just kind of out there interjecting every once in awhile. Nobody cares.

She'll drift further to extremes like Lara Logan, while not actually helping anybody along the way. It's not even that political, it's just the reality of a boring political figure trying to maintain relevance. I honestly think she gave up her leverage and is just gonna be another voice in the noise now. It would have been easier to be a Dem countering things behind the scenes. Clearly that wasn't profitable enough.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nelius said:

The thing with Tulsi is, that no matter what side she's on, she's always gonna provide that boring C grade hype. Nobody likes her. Hawaiians didn't even like her. She's not some popular force, she's just kind of out there interjecting every once in awhile. Nobody cares.

She'll drift further to extremes like Lara Logan, while not actually helping anybody along the way. It's not even that political, it's just the reality of a boring political figure trying to maintain relevance. I honestly think she gave up her leverage and is just gonna be another voice in the noise now. It would have been easier to be a Dem countering things behind the scenes. Clearly that wasn't profitable enough.

If her aim is to get rich then her plan is perfect. 

On 10/11/2022 at 4:55 PM, reddogblitz said:

When I hear her talk about it I applaud her cuz she's right and the only one to say so.

She talks about other stuff like how then Senator Harris had put a lot of people in jail for smoking weed and then joked about smoking it herself on the radio in the debate.

The left hate for her is definitely demonstrative. Seems like an interesting story with her own opinions, relatively moderate and consistently anti war. Inexperienced politician…

It’s curious why anti war has become pro Putin. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/24/2022 at 9:44 AM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The left hate for her is definitely demonstrative. Seems like an interesting story with her own opinions, relatively moderate and consistently anti war. Inexperienced politician…

It’s curious why anti war has become pro Putin. 

Consistently anti-war, other than Syria. I think the inexperienced politician thing is also a big deal. She's played the flip flopping properly in that we're all talking about her, but yet she's still a very inexperienced politician that never really did anything impactful for her constituents, so much so that the majority seems to very much dislike her. That matters.

Agree with your second point entirely, but in the case of Tulsi Gabbard, there's a tremendous amount of evidence of her actually being very pro-war. Has she had a true change of heart, or is it uh, money? I guess none of us will really know. The thing about Tulsi though is she completely disappears, which I think will impact her rise. She doesn't have the Trump, Lake energy. She kind of pops up, says something that causes some minor waves, and then falls off the map for months. That's not gonna cut it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

Consistently anti-war, other than Syria. I think the inexperienced politician thing is also a big deal. She's played the flip flopping properly in that we're all talking about her, but yet she's still a very inexperienced politician that never really did anything impactful for her constituents, so much so that the majority seems to very much dislike her. That matters.

Agree with your second point entirely, but in the case of Tulsi Gabbard, there's a tremendous amount of evidence of her actually being very pro-war. Has she had a true change of heart, or is it uh, money? I guess none of us will really know. The thing about Tulsi though is she completely disappears, which I think will impact her rise. She doesn't have the Trump, Lake energy. She kind of pops up, says something that causes some minor waves, and then falls off the map for months. That's not gonna cut it.

spot on.  The other thing that struck a chord is if you blur some of the details the above analysis describes Liz Cheney. Very similar calculus. occasionally popping headlines, losing at home, inexperienced politician. Etc.  

RE: the money motive, other than the obvious comp from conservative outlets for appearing as the contentious objector, are there other sponsors? 

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...