No Mention of "Hard Rock Oven" Effects

theRalph

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

"That" heat in the game against Miami was absolutely par for the course for SE FL at this time of year.

It certainly did look like the players struggled with it, but I don't know why it would be any different than any other recent year; we always play down in FL early, and they play in WNY late.

But 93 offensive plays and 41 minutes of possession is not par for the coarse.

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

But 93 offensive plays and 41 minutes of possession is not par for the coarse.

Very true, but that was on the Bills. If your offense is on the field for almost the equivalent of 3 entire quarters, your QB is throwing 63 passes, the receivers having to run that many routes, and the OL having to hold that many blocks, they are going to be tired even if it's not that hot.

Edited by Billz4ever

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

"That" heat in the game against Miami was absolutely par for the course for SE FL at this time of year.

It certainly did look like the players struggled with it, but I don't know why it would be any different than any other recent year; we always play down in FL early, and they play in WNY late.

It was cited as one of the worst weather games in Mijami.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

What?  The Hurricane had absolutely NOTHING to do with our game. Literally nothing.  And last year, when we beat them 35-0, the temp was within ONE degree of this game with identical humidity.  

The Bucs literally evacuated to Miami.

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs-evacuate-to-miami-week-4-kansas-city-chiefs-hurricane-ian

Yep........the heat was only a factor this season because the Bills didn't make big plays like they had in Miami in recent years.   

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Then why did so many players have issues like never before, and there were multiple players who said it was the hottest game they had played, even McKenzie who grew up there?

This game was not par for the course, clearly. And I think it is strange that you keep claiming something that is so easy to refute.

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

Bingo.  People don't understand this (or don't want to), but the heat is a quick and easy excuse instead of simply acknowledging the Bills had numerous trips into Miami territory and couldn't put the ball in the endzone.

It's a lame excuse.  We beat them 35-0 last year.  If we had won, nobody says a word about it. They might have said, yeah, it was super hot out there, but nobody would be making excuses and trying to blame the heat.

We’re you there? Have you looked at the temp graphs of this year vs the previous? Obviously not. What’s your excuse for a lousy ill informed take?

• Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

They just played themselves into a conditioning contest and lost to a team that is at minimum better conditioned because they HAVE to be just to practice football there in the summer.    People act like they just built that stadium.   The heat.....and the sun on the visiting side..........has been a factor MANY times for the Bills in the 35 years that stadium has been in use.       

8 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

What?  The Hurricane had absolutely NOTHING to do with our game. Literally nothing.  And last year, when we beat them 35-0, the temp was within ONE degree of this game with identical humidity.  

The Bucs literally evacuated to Miami.

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs-evacuate-to-miami-week-4-kansas-city-chiefs-hurricane-ian

Ya I guess it was the bills players faking injury and exhaustion. 

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

Then why did so many players have issues like never before, and there were multiple players who said it was the hottest game they had played, even McKenzie who grew up there?

This game was not par for the course, clearly. And I think it is strange that you keep claiming something that is so easy to refute.

Because offensive players aren't used to playing 90 snaps?    It wasn't defenders flopping around with exhaustion.   They only played 35 snaps.   The conditions were virtually identical to last season when the Bills blew the Dolphins out.     

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

14 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

If that was the case, then the Bills should have been better prepared for it.

How? As the visiting team, the Bills couldn't use any equipment on the sideline the Dolphins didn't. Since they're in the shade, no need for cooling benches or tents out of the sun. That meant the Bills couldn't use them either.

18 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

So there's a couple things.

Afternoon clouds and thunderstorms seem like a common "thing" in S Florida, rolling in about 1-2 pm. 

And in fact, where I looked it up '20 and '21 had partly cloudy skies and light rain/t storms.  Doesn't prove those were over Hard Rock of course but seems possible.

Big difference if you're in full sun vs. shade.

Second, Bills offensive game plan combined with how Miami played us put the O on the field an inhuman amount.  40 minute TOP, that's brutal.

13 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

How? As the visiting team, the Bills couldn't use any equipment on the sideline the Dolphins didn't. Since they're in the shade, no need for cooling benches or tents out of the sun. That meant the Bills couldn't use them either.

Where is this rule that the visitors can't use any equipment the home team doesn't?  I don't question its existence but I'm unaware so would like to be educated.

Edited by Beck Water

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep........the heat was only a factor this season because the Bills didn't make big plays like they had in Miami in recent years.   

No, it was more of a factor because they got a day and a half less to rest.  They get the full week, they win.

Edited by Doc
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

Bring in extra coolers filled with ice cold water & Gatorade. Basic stuff like that.

Can't be that complicated.

• Vomit 1

15 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

We’re you there? Have you looked at the temp graphs of this year vs the previous? Obviously not. What’s your excuse for a lousy ill informed take?

The only ill iniformed take is yours considering I actually took the time to look it up.  The temp was within 1 degree of last year,  It was 89 degrees air temp this year, 88 last year with the exact same dewpoint (humidity).  

You're here calling someone else ill informed when I'm the one who researched it, not you.

And it's still a lousy, pathetic excuse for losing EITHER WAY.

15 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Ya I guess it was the bills players faking injury and exhaustion. 

Your offense is on the field for 90 plays and almost the equivalent of 3 entire quarters.  They got tired playing that much in hot temps.  Imagine that.

At the game Sunday around 12:45pm, i told my son that it's "No Excuse Sunday".  I don't care about rain/wet/cold/wind/injuries/coin toss/heat/close game/etc...

Just win the damn game in a very rough environment.

Then when it was 20-3 my son looks at me and says "how's that no excuse Sunday working out for ya?". lol

Fortunately the team didn't make any excuses and we left winners.

16 hours ago, MJS said:

Not strange but usual for him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.