A Few Thoughts About the Dolphins Game, in no particular order

Virgil

Just now, Turbo44 said:

I think we all can agree Allen usually makes the last pass to McNasty, despite his hand warranting an x ray after the game and pressure coming at him from multiple defenders.  Plays that should also be considered, that don't seem to be mentioned here for whatever reason:

- Milano dropping an easy pick 6....a really easy pick 6 which would have probably ended the game

- Dawkins deciding not to block anyone on the crucial fumble inside our own 10

- Davis never gets that ball in the end zone ripped free

- Reviewing the replay, McNasty had plenty the chance to run out of bounds on the last play, instead he cut it back into the tacklers.

- Brown was hideous at LT when he was playing

- Hated the FG call on 4th and 4 and I was saying it before the FG was missed.  TD's win games, attempted FG's lose you games.

- Defense was good for the most part (because of the offense they only had to play 18 minutes), but how in the world on 3rd and 22 does Frazier only rush 3, going ultra conservative, while leaving a backup safety exposed 1 on 1 vs Waddle.

With opportunity comes responsibility.  I seem to remember these being written the day after games when things settle down and level-headedness returns......

In fairness, I have pointed out the errors made by Davis, McKenzie, Milano and Bass. Had overlooked Dawkins, though! Brown was a mess; he’s been generally good for us but was awful today.

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

I think we all can agree Allen usually makes the last pass to McNasty, despite his hand warranting an x ray after the game and pressure coming at him from multiple defenders.  Plays that should also be considered, that don't seem to be mentioned here for whatever reason:

- Milano dropping an easy pick 6....a really easy pick 6 which would have probably ended the game

- Dawkins deciding not to block anyone on the crucial fumble inside our own 10

- Davis never gets that ball in the end zone ripped free

- Reviewing the replay, McNasty had plenty the chance to run out of bounds on the last play, instead he cut it back into the tacklers.

- Brown was hideous at LT when he was playing

- Hated the FG call on 4th and 4 and I was saying it before the FG was missed.  TD's win games, attempted FG's lose you games.

- Defense was good for the most part (because of the offense they only had to play 18 minutes), but how in the world on 3rd and 22 does Frazier only rush 3, going ultra conservative, while leaving a backup safety exposed 1 on 1 vs Waddle.

With opportunity comes responsibility.  I seem to remember these being written the day after games when things settle down and level-headedness returns......

Agreed.  Except maybe the Milano pick 6.  Being in a position to depend on the defense to score to win a game means the offense isn't good enough to get it done.  Totally should have caught that though.

21 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I'm still in shock that Tua came back into the game and wasn't sidelined by the concussion protocol.......AND, that the helmet to helmet hit on Knox wasn't a penalty. It's hits like that where a guy can get a broken neck.........and, no call

Absurd

Yup. But they called a defenceless hit on the fish receiver at the goal line that led to a TD. Refs were shite today. 

3 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Agreed.  Except maybe the Milano pick 6.  Being in a position to depend on the defense to score to win a game means the offense isn't good enough to get it done.  Totally should have caught that though.

I wouldn't expect the next game to be close between these two teams. 

• Agree 2

The trick play at the end of the half cost us that game.  

Kick a field goal there and we would have gone in up 17-14.

What in the world are you thinking not taking the points there.

Stupid ass play calling.   That was something I would have expected from Daboll not Dorsey...

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, JMM said:

Agree. The guy was absolutely exhausted. He was hounded all game and he threw a bad pass off his back foot. Let's cut him...for crying out loud...

FFS who said anything about cutting him? It’s getting to the point where no one can say anything negative or critical about Josh without a defence of you want to trade him, cut him etc.

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

I'll wait for the post-game press conference.  But he will tell you that he should have hit McKenzie for that touchdown.  No one touched him. 

Even with all that preceded this( Davis dropped TD, blocked / missed FG by Bass etc) this was likely the biggest play of the game and it’s a pass Josh hits 9 out of 10. His reaction showed he knew it too. The play led to the safety and the Bills getting another possession, but Josh failed there too. He was the only reason they were in the game yet also the one who didn’t come through when needed. Strange but that’s how it went. The D was fine save for the 3rd and 22. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Toyo321 said:

The trick play at the end of the half cost us that game.  

Kick a field goal there and we would have gone in 17-14, 

What in the world are you thinking not taking the points there.

Stupid ass play calling.   That was something I would have expected from Daboll not Dorsey...

Trick play?

There was no trick play...bad snap by Van Roten caused Allen to bobble the ball meaning he couldn't spike it or it would be a fumble.

Allen threw it as a last resort to Diggs.

And no, throwing it out of bounds wasn't an option either...the clock stops once the ball hits the ground, there wasn't enough time for that.

21 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I don’t know that.  But our defense overall played well minus the one deep pass to Waddle 

I would agree with you if not for the fact they ran well less than half the plays we did and scored more points.  They had the ball 20 minutes and scored 21 points and the only time we really shut them down was when Bridgewater was in there.

Name the ELITE qb's today:

1.  20 for 35, 262 yards passing, 26 yards rushing, 1 TD, 1 INT 

2.  42 for 63, 400 yards passing, 47 yards rushing, 2 TDs, 0 INTs

3.   25 for 45, 297 yards passing, 7 yards rushing, 1 TD, 1 INT

4.  27 for 35, 255 yards passing, -1 yards rushing, 2 TDs, 1 INT

5.  31 for 42, 271 yards passing, -1 yards passing, 1 TD, 0 INTs

Some people don't know how good they have it.  Playing behind the 10 or so O lineman Josh played behind today, I laugh thinking what any of the other ELITE QBs would have looked like. Burrows would have been sacked 20 times, Brady would have retired and Rogers would have demanded a trade.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Trick play?

There was no trick play...bad snap by Van Roten caused Allen to bobble the ball meaning he couldn't spike it or it would be a fumble.

Allen threw it as a last resort to Diggs.

And no, throwing it out of bounds wasn't an option either...the clock stops once the ball hits the ground, there wasn't enough time for that.

He had plenty of time to throw that into the ground.  Stupid play period!!!

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Virgil, I agree with your take 100%. Of course you knew you would get slack when you criticized Allen. Allen wasn't the steady rock we've grown spoiled to see. Of course, it as due to the injuries and perhaps the heat. It wasn't all ob Allen. It was a team loss via miscues. Allen especially in the 2nd half just wasn't as consistent as he needed to be. He seemed panicked at times and made rookie like throws at times. Especially, that series in the end where the Bill's failed to score. Your franchise QB has to get a TD. To boot, he short armed a sure TD to little dirty. He will make That throw 99 out of 100 times. That just can't happen!!! Allen needed to be superman today. That's a bit unfair to him. Maybe that's too high of a bar? It is a team.game too and the depleted oline sucked in the 2nd half.  He will no doubt come back better. Allen is the least of this teams worries. 

He was superman today. He literally carried that offense up and down the field. You expect way too much out of him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Toyo321 said:

He had plenty of time to throw that into the ground.  Stupid play period!!!

You cannot spike it into the ground. It would be ruled a fumble.

Easy to say when you aren't in the moment having to make a split second decision after a basic play gets botched due to a bad snap

I will literally come fight anyone who slanders Josh Allen over this loss. 

He missed a throw. Ok..  He was an absolute monster on a revolving door offense as he had to physically withstand the hits and heat, along with mentally diagnosing blitz packages every play behind an OL that was falling apart. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Even with all that preceded this( Davis dropped TD, blocked / missed FG by Bass etc) this was likely the biggest play of the game and it’s a pass Josh hits 9 out of 10. His reaction showed he knew it too. The play led to the safety and the Bills getting another possession, but Josh failed there too. He was the only reason they were in the game yet also the one who didn’t come through when needed. Strange but that’s how it went. The D was fine save for the 3rd and 22. 

Did you not see Josh drive the team down the field from the 25 on the last drive?  The main culprits on that drive were a couple of catchable passes dropped, a killer holding penalty with 18 seconds left that pushed us way back from FG range and McKenzie cutting it back infield instead of running out of bounds on the last play.  Sure, Josh can be blamed for the McNasty miss, but blaming him for anything that happened on the last drive is idiotic.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.