A Few Thoughts About the Dolphins Game, in no particular order

Virgil

25 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

Virgil, agree with most of it (minus the Allen bit). We lost this game by not making about 7 different plays. Not to excuse it as we could use many. 

I'm on to next week. We were never going undefeated so now we can stop that nonsense.

We were losing 4-5 games anyway this season. Injuries, heat and not executing plays killed us. Not going to panic nor do I expect us to have anymore 100° heat index games this season. We'll blow out Miami in December. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

You want one thing the NFL could do differently? How about not scheduling the Bills at Miami in September and Miami at Buffalo in December. Just idiotic that they'd schedule these games at times where the weather is very likely to play a factor. Just stupid.

Completely agree.  It makes no sense whatsoever.  Shows total disregard for the players and the fans and there’s really no good reason for it.

35 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Regarding Tua, I heard them say that it was actually his back, not his head that was hurting. That’s why he was able to come back so quickly 

This is not correct. I haven't heard one person say it was his back. You can clearly see his head slam on the ground. He was beyond wobbled when he got up. Two times he basical was falling and needed help to stand up. That wasn't a back issue. It was a head injury and a concussion. Clear as day. He should have never been allowed to play. Some heads should roll for allowing him to play. 

• Agree 1

Imo, it's not as bad as you think. Here's why.....

1) Our team was half dead with injuries to key players, to include both safeties and our best receiver.

2) We can pretend that Miami sucks and Tua sucks but they don't and he does not. 

3) Despite all of the the above (and more), we lost by only 2 points, on the road.

4) KC lost!!! :) 

5) The game is only at the half as I type this but the allegedly "great" Chargers are getting all they can handle from the Jaguars. 

6) The next time we play the phish we will utterly destroy them. 

7) Your weekly posts are freaking great. Thank you.

😎 GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

If Josh had got the ball to McKenzie there wouldn't be this discussion either. Plus I don't think he played like trash, but he had the opportunity to lead us to a close win and failed to do so. And our record in those games since the start of last year is now 0-7.

But Josh got the ball to Davis and Davis dropped it 😆......this game was only close bc of allen

• Agree 1

Appreciate that you do these, and a couple of posters including @JoPoy88outed themselves as pure trolls in this thread - just ignore them.

Don’t agree with most of your takes this week and when Allen puts on the gold jacket in Canton someday the motto for his bust should be “One More Play.”  Can’t blame him on a day when he was head and shoulders the best player on the field.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Ya I agree, he definitely had a few bad throws especially the game winner but he was the offense today. I think we take for granted what he does some times, he broke at least 4 tackles that were sacks for most nfl qbs. Moved around the pocket and made plays. His stats might look better than he really played but he still kept this offense afloat with a once again atrocious run game.

I mean if Gabe makes that td catch is there even a whisper that josh played like trash today?

I’m not taking it for granted.  If he hits McK, people will call it the game winner.  If he misses, then would you not say it lost the game as well?

We scored 3 points in the second half.  3.  The past is the past.  Who owns that?

This was a coaching loss today. 

- Dorsey not getting plays in on time

- The second drive was an absolute joke

- Delayed handoffs being called over and over'

- 2nd and Goal from 1 and you don't call three straight dives??

- Too many times the playclock running down to 3, 2, 1 and barely getting the snap off, and that's what made Bass miss that field. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Imo, it's not as bad as you think. Here's why.....

1) Our team was half dead with injuries to key players, to include both safeties and our best receiver.

2) We can pretend that Miami sucks and Tua sucks but they don't and he does not. 

3) Despite all of the the above (and more), we lost by only 2 points, on the road.

4) KC lost!!! :) 

5) The game is only at the half as I type this but the allegedly "great" Chargers are getting all they can handle from the Jaguars. 

6) The next time we play the phish we will utterly destroy them. 

7) Your weekly posts are freaking great. Thank you.

😎 GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks boss.  I think a lot of people forget that these are alway meant to be examined in a vacuum.  I’m not talking about the prior two games or the teams body of work, this is about just this game.  

If we lost because of those injuries, I’d be better about it.  The defense only gave up 21 points, and I’d argue it was really 14.  If you knew that prior to the game, you’d expect to win. 

Injuries contributed, and we put up a lot of yardages, but failed to execute when it matter with core players.  That it what I’m focusing on. 

I knew I’d get a lot of hate for this one, but I’m also furious about how this game was handled.   These types of mistakes is what leads to 13 seconds and all the other Bills misery 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

The Dolphins blitzed Allen a lot this game and he got sacked, hit, and hate to say it but a little rattled.  If Allen had a clean pocket more often in this game - the Bills win.  Need guys to get healthy going forward.  Health and normal temps will do wonders for this team.

Rattled????????

The guy escapes so many sacks its not debateable. 

If the bar is perfect quarterbacking then good for you. He didn't set his feet on the 4th down to McKenzie, had a couple of wounded ducks that almost got picked, but the guy threw it 63 times today in 90-degree heat with no Diggs showing up in the second half. 

How many gut it out first downs did he give this team? 

Davis couldn't separate either. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Thanks boss.  I think a lot of people forget that these are alway meant to be examined in a vacuum.  I’m not talking about the prior two games or the teams body of work, this is about just this game.  

If we lost because of those injuries, I’d be better about it.  The defense only gave up 21 points, and I’d argue it was really 14.  If you knew that prior to the game, you’d expect to win. 

Injuries contributed, and we put up a lot of yardages, but failed to execute when it matter with core players.  That it what I’m focusing on. 

I knew I’d get a lot of hate for this one, but I’m also furious about how this game was handled.   These types of mistakes is what leads to 13 seconds and all the other Bills misery 

I said something similar in a very over-emotional way. Our starters were the ones who made the errors which cost us the game - not the back ups.

28 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Josh was under duress all game. I thought he played incredibly well considering his receiving core was depleted and the OL featured 3rd stringers for much of the game.

I'm critical of his pass in the dirt, but without JA17, this team would've been smoked.  Can't (or won't) run consistently, OL questionable on a good day, defense decimated by injuries and/or bad scheming in 3rd and long, and the Fins would've dropped 40 on this team a few years before Allen emerged.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I think the expectations around Allen have gotten ridiculous. I'll agree this is his worst game since the regular season last year but he was also the only reason we were in it. Davis didn't look right, Diggs got cramped up and exhausted, McKenize and Knox had to get IVs at one point, Kumerow left the game early. Allen was getting beat up and running around all day in 100 degree weather with very little rest in between drives. He made several exceptional plays. We needed someone else on offense to make one.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m not taking it for granted.  If he hits McK, people will call it the game winner.  If he misses, then would you not say it lost the game as well?

We scored 3 points in the second half.  3.  The past is the past.  Who owns that?

I did call it the game winner lol. And he missed it. Definitely the game winning throw was on him. But I don't think the entire game was his fault.

I agree with pretty much all your points but to say Allen lost it for us because his performance the entire game is too steep for me. He still made plays that other qbs can't dream of, and played a game that most franchises dream of. My point is ya he had some bad plays especially the game winner but if Gabe Davis holds on to the ball or Milano makes a catch my grandma makes, then Allen walks away from this game still far and away mvp front runner with his performance today. 

1 minute ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I did call it the game winner lol. And he missed it. Definitely the game winning throw was on him. But I don't think the entire game was his fault.

I agree with pretty much all your points but to say Allen lost it for us because his performance the entire game is too steep for me. He still made plays that other qbs can't dream of, and played a game that most franchises dream of. My point is ya he had some bad plays especially the game winner but if Gabe Davis holds on to the ball or Milano makes a catch my grandma makes, then Allen walks away from this game still far and away mvp front runner with his performance today. 

I’m not saying his entire performance, but a lot.  If the defense can catch anything, he has 4 picks.  There’s a lot of good, but a lot of bad.  When it came down to it, and the game was his to win, he didn’t get it done on a wide open receiver.  

• Sad 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.