Are we being purposely divided?

Matt_In_NH

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It’s hard to argue with a guy who confuses accept with except.  But that’s MAGA for you.  

MAGA’s bottom line here apparently is that Hillary, after acknowledging that Trump won the 2016 election, twice expressed sour grapes so now it’s acceptable to storm the Capitol and attempt a coup.  Makes perfect sense.  Hoax. 

I haven’t read this.  So this is a provisional hoax.  You wasted a lot of your life on that list.  I won’t waste any more precious time reading it. 

If he added obese and poorly educated into the other adjectives he’d have summed up MAGA perfectly. 

And as i said the ignorant once again make them selves known in a statement with out reading or comprehending anything said .

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Unity!

👆😂

Someone is hitting rock bottom: reality is starting to set in - all of their non stop gaslighting to distract and cover up the most corrupt President in our lifetime is all for naught.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Try the Russian collusion hoax.

Yeah - nooooo - It wasn’t a hoax.

And now we really know the rest of the story…

image.thumb.jpeg.8ea4df8f1697e3ec2b8b097ad15a04ec.jpeg

My assessment thus far:

1. Matt_in_NH poses a question about whether or not we are purposefully being divided;
  2. Matt brands himself a conservative of sorts;
  3. When posters respond, Matt_in_NH often responds rather aggressively and in a divisive manner;
  4. When questioned about prior divisive behavior in keeping with the question he posed, he shuts down like a church during COVID.  
  5. In making a point about Trump and legal challenges to the 2020 election, he cites former AG Barr to buttress his point about divisive political manipulation;
  6. Prior to commentary about election integrity, AG Barr spoke directly about the extreme divisive political manipulation engaged upon by the democrats as it related to the aftermath of the Trump election, that which Matt_in_NH seems to prefer not to discuss;

Theory: I surmise that Matt_in_NH may be artificially intelligent and purposely trying to divide us. 

This begs the question for non-cyborgs:  Why is political and societal divisiveness applauded and supported when undertaken by one party and its supporters, and a threat to our very way of life when the shoe is on the other foot? 

I was going to start my own topic, but this title would have been far too long.  

@muppy, I am calling on you to contribute. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

My assessment thus far:

1. Matt_in_NH poses a question about whether or not we are purposefully being divided;
  2. Matt brands himself a conservative of sorts;
  3. When posters respond, Matt_in_NH often responds rather aggressively and in a divisive manner;
  4. When questioned about prior divisive behavior in keeping with the question he posed, he shuts down like a church during COVID.  
  5. In making a point about Trump and legal challenges to the 2020 election, he cites former AG Barr to buttress his point about divisive political manipulation;
  6. Prior to commentary about election integrity, AG Barr spoke directly about the extreme divisive political manipulation engaged upon by the democrats as it related to the aftermath of the Trump election, that which Matt_in_NH seems to prefer not to discuss;

Theory: I surmise that Matt_in_NH may be artificially intelligent and purposely trying to divide us. 

This begs the question for non-cyborgs:  Why is political and societal divisiveness applauded and supported when undertaken by one party and its supporters, and a threat to our very way of life when the shoe is on the other foot? 

If I may, I think it comes down to what motivates people.  My personal theory is that "what" is self-interest.  Everybody acts out of pure self-interest.  Even people that claim to act out of kindness and altruism are doing it because it makes them "feel" better about themselves.  Or perhaps they have some ulterior motive?  or some level of compensation tied to what they believe or don't believe.  If you examine those self-interests you'll understand the motivation a person has to believe or view things in a particular way.  

There are a few exceptions to this theory.  And as Football season opens tomorrow with the Bills setting off on what we hope is a Championship season I'd like to flag one of them.  And one of those exceptions is anyone that officiates or judges any type of sporting event.  Football, baseball, soccer, basketball, other sports, on any level.  Regardless of what fans think at times, the fact these people manage to remain neutral and disregard their own interests or favorite teams is admirable.  I salute you. 

5 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Once MAGA can admit that Biden won in a legitimate, clean election we can get started.

And you prove my point better than I can, Biden is president but that election was beneath our standards, in 1948 we counted all the ballots in under 24 hours but in 2020 it takes 5 days.  The election was run terribly but that does not change the fact that Biden is president. I appreciate you proving my point for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

And you prove my point better than I can, Biden is president but that election was beneath our standards, in 1948 we counted all the ballots in under 24 hours but in 2020 it takes 5 days.  The election was run terribly but that does not change the fact that Biden is president. I appreciate you proving my point for me. 

Hoax.  Absentee ballots take time to arrive.  I prefer to follow the rule of law and to count them.  Apparently you feel differently.  Sick.  

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  Absentee ballots take time to arrive.  I prefer to follow the rule of law and to count them.  Apparently you feel differently.  Sick.  

Generally everyone prefers the rule of law but the reality of how its applied in real-life is filled with grey areas subject to the whims of the people interpreting the law and the identity of the people being charged along with key factors such as circumstances, motive, and intent.      

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

👆😂

Someone is hitting rock bottom: reality is starting to set in - all of their non stop gaslighting to distract and cover up the most corrupt President in our lifetime is all for naught.

Yeah - nooooo - It wasn’t a hoax.

And now we really know the rest of the story…

image.thumb.jpeg.8ea4df8f1697e3ec2b8b097ad15a04ec.jpeg

Even though you know the rest of the story when it comes to Hillary, Hunter, the fake paid for dossier the newly inflicted inflation the border crisis higher gas prices & everything else that has transpired over the last 2 years you are apparently to ignorant to see the truth as it stands in front of you and stares you in the face  .

Not to mention that every democratic run state or city like California, NYC, NYS, Portland, Seattle, San Francisco are all about bankrupt or the taxes are so freakin high you can't afford to live there unless the dum ass governor raises the minimum wage to $22.00 a hr .

Then you have Tenn. which has all kinds of companies that are moving here because of it's governmental structure which is conservative the only bad thing is that we have so many people trying to move from the afore mentioned cities to be able to have to pay out less in taxes and all that what you pay for a house is crazy .

You & your cohorts here really should have found out what chemicals they were washing the windows with on the short bus before you started licking them & you may not be in your current mental state .

As they say - You can't fix stupid but you can slow it down with a 2x4 ... Now put up your laughing emoji or your Trump flailing his arms around because you won't have a decent common sense response just the SOS you always put up !! 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Generally everyone prefers the rule of law but the reality of how its applied in real-life is filled with grey areas subject to the whims of the people interpreting the law and the identity of the people being charged along with key factors such as circumstances, motive, and intent.      

Hoax.  MAGA does not prefer the rule of law.  

2 hours ago, dickleyjones said:

haha yes indeed divide and conquer is alive and well...no need to look further than this very thread.

we need an alien invasion or something, people might actually realize how similar we really are.

oh well, let the foolish, needless, dysfunctional infighting continue !

I'm not normally a praying man, but if you are really up there in the sky...

Save us Thanos!!!

main-qimg-e9e3eae7367d743c73029079d91bc2

But for realz, the OP is right that we are being purposefully divided, it's how politicians have always manipulated voters.  it seems kinda  weird that he sees it but thinks that it's only happening to one side.  But at least its a start.  

Now who is coming to the opener?  I have never been called a fascist in person,  always wondered what it felt like...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

You can stop proving my point but I appreciate your acknowledgement that I was correct. What I find interesting is you think it takes 5 days for mail to travel across the state of Pennsylvania when I can get Amazon to ship me stuff with 2 days from across the country

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This begs the question for non-cyborgs: 

Why is political and societal divisiveness applauded and supported when undertaken by one party and its supporters, and a threat to our very way of life when the shoe is on the other foot? 

leo the part of your post I quoted is a false premise. Since when is societal divisiveness and being labeled a threat to your very life applauded and supported? Not by Me.  In fact Ive had to squelch some friends whose politics were so one sided It just got to be too much drama and angst for me.. I didnt applaud, not did the division I felt give me an ounce of pleasure. Only pain hermano. The chasm is vast. I dont applaud it.  *raspberries* POOP thats what I think its sad, unfortunate and it stinks. This is why I give all of this to the Lord. It;s a deity sized problem. I dont like it and I dont know the solution.

m

Edited by muppy

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  MAGA does not prefer the rule of law.  

I don't represent MAGA in any shape or form.  So that is no consequence to my view.  I only represent myself.  I provided my personal opinion on how the "rule of law" is applied in a conditional and inconsistent fashion.  I've seen it firsthand in various court and legal situations.  I've seen it demonstrated in cases that have been reported and followed in the MSM and online media and in the press.  There is no absolute standard in the enforcement and application of the rule of law.  

The difference in how it is applied is governed by two factors, money and power.  If you've got power and/or money the rule of law for you is different than the rule of law is for somebody with no power and/or no money.  That's reality.  Power and money tilt the scales of justice to a more favorable position.  You can say hoax all you want until the end of time.  That won't change reality.  That won't change my opinion.  That won't change the system where power and money matter.  It just demonstrates your unwillingness to recognize and acknowledge it.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I don't represent MAGA in any shape or form.  So that is no consequence to my view.  I only represent myself.  I provided my personal opinion on how the "rule of law" is applied in a conditional and inconsistent fashion.  I've seen it firsthand in various court and legal situations.  I've seen it demonstrated in cases that have been reported and followed in the MSM and online media and in the press.  There is no absolute standard in the enforcement and application of the rule of law.  

The difference in how it is applied is governed by two factors, money and power.  If you've got power and/or money the rule of law for you is different than the rule of law is for somebody with no power and/or no money.  That's reality.  Power and money tilt the scales of justice to a more favorable position.  You can say hoax all you want until the end of time.  That won't change reality.  That won't change my opinion.  That won't change the system where power and money matter.  It just demonstrates your unwillingness to recognize and acknowledge it.  

Nice post.   For C3, the word "Hoax" is like a Tourette's tic, you can't take it too seriously because he's not really serious.  He's doing large scale trolling here, that's all.

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Agree 2