Bills Scout at Louisville Syracuse Game

Kmart128

I decided to attend the Syracuse vs Louisville game last night and noticed a Buffalo Bills scout walking the sidelines during warm ups. He probably just came to check it out since its such a short commute but I found it interesting.

I know Syracuse has some NFL propsects on roster. Sean Tucker is a top available RB and is an all pro. All 3 Syracuse LBers Thompson, Wax and Mikel Jones should all find themselves on a NFL roster. Both CB are future NFL players... especially Chestnut.

As for Louisville they obviously have a really good QB in Cunningham even tho he had a bad game. Their RB Evans really stood out to me... The rest of the team seemed out matched so no clue as to any other players we could be looking at.

What players do you think the Bills were scouting?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kmart128 said:

I decided to attend the Syracuse vs Louisville game last night and noticed a Buffalo Bills scout walking the sidelines during warm ups. He probably just came to check it out since its such a short commute but I found it interesting.

I know Syracuse has some NFL propsects on roster. Sean Tucker is a top available RB and is an all pro. All 3 Syracuse LBers Thompson, Wax and Mikel Jones should all find themselves on a NFL roster. Both CB are future NFL players... especially Chestnut.

As for Louisville they obviously have a really good QB in Cunningham even tho he had a bad game. Their RB Evans really stood out to me... The rest of the team seemed out matched so no clue as to any other players we could be looking at.

Great to see the local power 5 team do well..........and to beat the tar out of Louisville is good to see.........somehow Louisville has illogically turned into a recruiting powerhouse again..........so great to see them get their taints kicked in.

https://www.si.com/college/louisville/football/syracuse-loss-worst-case-scenario

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

How many college scouts do the bills have that see college games? Are they broken down by college conferences? Thry might have X assigned for ACC/AAC games. Y assigned fir big 10/ more dame/ UBS conference, Z assigned for SEC area games, and so on

i don’t read anything into this other than the scouts doing their job.

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

You sure it wasn't just a water boy wearing Bills gear 'cause he's a fan?

Definitely not. Dressed very professionally. He had a notebook he was writing in during warmups as he walked both sidelines. Had what looked like a packet with list of rosters. And he was making lots of phone calls as well.

Honestly not that surprised. Scouts attend a bunch of college games a year and this game was such a short drive they may as well show up and scout the talent of 2 power 5 teams

1 hour ago, djp14150 said:

How many college scouts do the bills have that see college games? Are they broken down by college conferences? Thry might have X assigned for ACC/AAC games. Y assigned fir big 10/ more dame/ UBS conference, Z assigned for SEC area games, and so on

They have about 10 if I recall correct

And yeah most of them are broken down As area scouts

They have a few National scouts and a assistant director to college scouting 

also a BLESTO scout 

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

All of them

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

also a BLESTO scout 

So i looked into it to determine who it could have been... and i dont think it was a scout at all. It was Brian Gaine

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

also a BLESTO scout 

i think they might have some lower level contract scouts they pay per game they cover.they would work just within a few hrs of where they live.  They have someon out odpf Salt Lake City who goes to utah and byu home games.  Someone in dc who goes to Maryland , Virginia, and some other local college games.  These people make a few hundred a game and has travel/ ticket costs covered

i think they might have some lower level contract scouts they pay per game they cover.they would work just within a few hrs of where they live.  They have someon out odpf Salt Lake City who goes to utah and byu home games.  Someone in dc who goes to Maryland , Virginia, and some other local college games.  These people make a few hundred a game and has travel/ ticket costs covered

I’ve been playing coaching scouting for 30+ years… It’s semi like that

The bills aren’t paying 50 Scouts on a payroll… It generally really is that 10 or so 

They have a couple western scouts, A few for the north east , and a few for the south east and west

The national scouts take the lead on the top 100 prospects or so … the BLESTO scout is usually the lowest ranking and doing the work on non seniors … Jr eligible players at pro days… the dirty work

The national scouting services share player evaluations between scouts So They can Always get a general scout consensus 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, djp14150 said:

A freaking men to this ^^^^.  Don't read too much into anything especially this early in the season is my thought.  Much over thinking here...

This is a job I would like.....having worked 15 years as a HS Football official and 5 years as a D2/3 official.....yeah this would be a dream PT job to say the least.

31 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I’ve been playing coaching scouting for 30+ years… It’s semi like that

The bills aren’t paying 50 Scouts on a payroll… It generally really is that 10 or so 

They have a couple western scouts, A few for the north east , and a few for the south east and west

The national scouts take the lead on the top 100 prospects or so … the BLESTO scout is usually the lowest ranking and doing the work on non seniors … Jr eligible players at pro days… the dirty work

The national scouting services share player evaluations between scouts So They can Always get a general scout consensus 

This is cool info.....why I come to TBD!  Thanks for sharing.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Punters!

3 hours ago, Kwai San said:

A freaking men to this ^^^^.  Don't read too much into anything especially this early in the season is my thought.  Much over thinking here...

This is a job I would like.....having worked 15 years as a HS Football official and 5 years as a D2/3 official.....yeah this would be a dream PT job to say the least.

This is cool info.....why I come to TBD!  Thanks for sharing.

The PT route could be an Avenue of finding future full time scouts too.

i think some sports scouting services employ people like I describe then sell the info to pro teams.

granted it’s a larger area, but I think the Sabres employ more field scouts than the Bills do if it’s 10.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.