Trump stole top secret nuclear docs - greatest security risk in US history - MORE TAPES!!!

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

We know how the dossier got out. 

If you can’t see the difference between:

1. A campaign hiring an oppo team and then rejecting their findings only for the oppo team to make them public later; and

2. A campaign eagerly and willingly meeting with agents of a hostile foreign power to obtain oppo

Well then, I guess I would just have to question your skills of comprehension. 

I see a big difference between dirt gathered by a foreign national using Russian spies miraculously getting out versus a meeting setup by the dirt-gathering team in which no dirt was produced.  That you consider using an intermediary acceptable makes me question your intelligence.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

I see a big difference between dirt gathered by a foreign national using Russian spies miraculously getting out versus a meeting setup by the dirt-gathering team in which no dirt was produced.  That you consider using an intermediary acceptable makes me question your intelligence.

“Miraculously?” We know how it got out. I even just told you in a previous post. It’s public record. 

That you cannot understand something incredibly basic and integral to your own thesis makes me question your intelligence. 

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

“Miraculously?” We know how it got out. I even just told you in a previous post. It’s public record. 

That you cannot understand something incredibly basic and integral to your own thesis makes me question your intelligence. 

I put "miraculously" in italics.  Meaning it wasn't at all.  It's called being facetious.  The dirt was meant to get out and harm Trump.  Just because there were several degrees of separation between the Russian dirt providers and those who commissioned it doesn't make it better than a one-off meeting that produced no dirt at all.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

I put "miraculously" in italics.  Meaning it wasn't at all.  It's called being facetious.  The dirt was meant to get out and harm Trump.  Just because there were several degrees of separation between the Russian dirt providers and those who commissioned it doesn't make it better than a one-off meeting that produced no dirt at all.

Intentionality on the part of the campaign certainly matters, don’t you think?

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

The intention was to get dirt on Trump. 

Yes, and the oppo was so unusable that the Clinton campaign buried it. It only came to light when Steele started shopping it around.

They hired a firm to do oppo. That firm contracted a guy. That guy talked to a bunch of people and when he presented his findings to the campaign, they rejected it.

Unlike the Trump campaign, the Clinton campaign was not knowingly dealing directly with Russian operatives.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Yes, and the oppo was so unusable that the Clinton campaign buried it. It only came to light when Steele started shopping it around.

They hired a firm to do oppo. That firm contracted a guy. That guy talked to a bunch of people and when he presented his findings to the campaign, they rejected it.

Unlike the Trump campaign, the Clinton campaign was not knowingly dealing directly with Russian operatives.

I don’t even know why we have to defend Hillary Clinton, who was a horrible choice as a president by the Democrats this what about ism to somehow make it like trump isn’t bad because Hillary was awful is a really head scratcher

Reading through the last few hours of dialogue I can see that the Get Trump spin doctors have been hard at work here trying to once again rewrite history so that they can say “We’ve been over this already.” Mrs Clinton would be very very proud. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

They didn't need to use it themselves now, did they?  Think that was just an accident?

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

The FBI used the Steele Dossier to spy on Trump, nothing else is important. It is absurd that you act like the media running with it was the worst part, the left wing media is expected to be trash but up until this I respected the FBI, at the point this became public I realized that the FBI is working against the American people often. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1121406

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Curious, isn’t it? Since the indictment dropped, that has been presented as the most damning evidence against him, yet he wasn’t charged for it.

It should come as no surprise that Special Counsel Jack Smith’s office declined to comment for the story.

As for all of those who insisted the audio recording was a “smoking gun,” well, how can it be when he wasn’t even charged over that document?

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2023/06/29/what-the-media-isnt-telling-you-about-the-trump-recording-n1707188

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

As for all of those who insisted the audio recording was a “smoking gun,” well, how can it be when he wasn’t even charged over that document?

I am finding it hard to find the words to explain just how stupid this line of "reasoning" is.

So let me try an example:

- I am indicted for Conspiracy to Traffic Cocaine based on an agreement with a known trafficker to buy "100 kilos of white vitamin powder.:

- There is an old recording of me and that same trafficker from 2010, outside the statute of limitations, in which I say I want to buy "100 kilos of coke" and the trafficker says, "let's just call it white vitamin powder from now on to be safe." I say o.k, agreed.

Everyone would say that 2010 recording is the smoking gun the prosecutor needs. Everyone.

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I am finding it hard to find the words to explain just how stupid this line of "reasoning" is.

So let me try an example:

- I am indicted for Conspiracy to Traffic Cocaine based on an agreement with a known trafficker to buy "100 kilos of white vitamin powder.:

- There is an old recording of me and that same trafficker from 2010, outside the statute of limitations, in which I say I want to buy "100 kilos of coke" and the trafficker says, "let's just call it white vitamin powder from now on to be safe." I say o.k, agreed.

Everyone would say that 2010 recording is the smoking gun the prosecutor needs. Everyone.

welp. that was the goal of releasing it. and the msm parroting that it the smoking gun over and over again.

26 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

The FBI used the Steele Dossier to spy on Trump, nothing else is important. It is absurd that you act like the media running with it was the worst part, the left wing media is expected to be trash but up until this I respected the FBI, at the point this became public I realized that the FBI is working against the American people often. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1121406

It part of his schtick, your side evil, my side just incompetent.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

welp. that was the goal of releasing it. and the msm parroting that it the smoking gun over and over again.

Two different points there, pal:

- should the prosecution have leaked it, and what was the purpose of leaking it? Sure, that should be a discussion. And it no doubt will lead to defense motions.

- is it a smoking gun? No real debate there. It seals up Trump's initial (layman's) defense (which is why you need a good lawyer, and you need to keep your mouth shut about specifics of a criminal investigation in which you are the target) defense: the everything he had declassified any previously-classified documents he took out of the White House. Just completely eviscerated that argument. That leaves the defense with a weaker argument: "sure, he thought some documents remained classified after the fact, but not these documents charged in the indictment." (buy why?) Or even: "he thought the documents were still classified, but he was wrong - they were necessarily deemed declassified by his decision, while still President, to take them into his personal care and custody."

They can and may make those arguments, but any lawyer would prefer the "blanket declassification" theory that their can't-keep-his-mouth-shut defendant initially floated.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1