Stadium Renderings are here!!!

Steel City Mafia

10 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Wait, is this true? So like SoFi stadium? Open air, out of the elements but still ambient temperature.  That might be a good compromise. 

I was at SoFi last week in conditions that were probably about the warmest it will ever be at that stadium. No A/C in the stadium but honestly it wasn't that bad. It was warm but nothing you couldn't handle for three hours.

The Bills stadium will definitely not be like SoFi. It will have a roof covering the seats, but open to the sky over the field. 

And SoFi has no A/C or heating for that matter because as you experienced it’s actually not an indoor environment. SoFi is three distinct and physically separated structures. The retaining wall they used to sink the playing field almost eight stories into the ground. The stadium itself which is a conventional stadium. And finally the glass covered canopy that spans across the entire facility including creating a covered plaza that encloses the adjacent indoor theater venue. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Wait, is this true? So like SoFi stadium? Open air, out of the elements but still ambient temperature.  That might be a good compromise. 

I was at SoFi last week in conditions that were probably about the warmest it will ever be at that stadium. No A/C in the stadium but honestly it wasn't that bad. It was warm but nothing you couldn't handle for three hours.

No, enclosed all the way around with nearly 80% of the stands covered. Hotspur stadium was designed by the same company. That seems to be a good example of what to expect.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I read the new stadium will be fully enclosed with a canopy.

18 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It will have a roof covering the seats

I don't know where this is coming from, but I would be prepared for disappointment if you think all the seats will be covered. I wouldn't even expect 50% of the seats to be covered.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

what were all of the extreme weather games I missed?  

Allen's worst game was playoffs vs Houston.  Weather was not an issue....

I dunno about that… he made several bone-headed plays but also several remarkable plays IIRC…

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

what were all of the extreme weather games I missed?  

Allen's worst game was playoffs vs Houston.  Weather was not an issue....

11-26 with 3 ints vs Atlanta is pretty bad. But who cares about 1 game, Allen is sub 60% completion % at home for his career. He’s a better QB away from home in basically every category. He even has more yards rushing away from home.

Defense is better at home probably for the same reasons Allen is worse at home. The weather.

10 minutes ago, QCity said:

I don't know where this is coming from, but I would be prepared for disappointment if you think all the seats will be covered. I wouldn't even expect 50% of the seats to be covered.

They’ve said 80 %

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

41 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

11-26 with 3 ints vs Atlanta is pretty bad. But who cares about 1 game, Allen is sub 60% completion % at home for his career. He’s a better QB away from home in basically every category. He even has more yards rushing away from home.

Defense is better at home probably for the same reasons Allen is worse at home. The weather.

They’ve said 80 %

80% is news to me.  Link?

40 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

80% is news to me.  Link?

Things we know are it’ll be approximately 60,000 seats with more standing, seats are approximately 80% covered, and it’s fully enclosed on the sides.

The fully enclosed was pretty important to me because I was thinking one end or both ends would be open like a rendering that dropped earlier this year. Fully enclosed news was reported pretty recently.

“I would say the other part is the way we envisioned the stadium being designed, with (approximately) 80% of the seats covered, is very much in line with what our fans said in our surveys: that they didn’t mind the cold, they just didn’t want to be wet.”

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Things we know are it’ll be approximately 60,000 seats with more standing, seats are approximately 80% covered, and it’s fully enclosed on the sides.

The fully enclosed was pretty important to me because I was thinking one end or both ends would be open like a rendering that dropped earlier this year. Fully enclosed news was reported pretty recently.

Thanks.  Approximately 80%, could mean 80%, or 20%.  This is from the same guy who said renderings are very very close over a month ago. 

Only time will tell, but if I had to guess, I say it ends up with less than half covered.  The survey questions were worded in a way that supports my guess.  

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Thanks.  Approximately 80%, could mean 80%, or 20%.  This is from the same guy who said renderings are very very close over a month ago. 

Only time will tell, but if I had to guess, I say it ends up with less than half covered.  The survey questions were worded in a way that supports my guess.  

If you look at Hotspur stadium you'll see that somewhere around 80% of the seats are probably covered. Looks like pretty much everything above the lower bowl and maybe half or 3/4 of the lower bowl. With that said, that does not mean 80% of the seats will be protected from wind, rain and snow. With a giant opening above the field of play all those elements will still be blown into at least 50% of the seats if not an even greater percentage. 

7 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If you look at Hotspur stadium you'll see that somewhere around 80% of the seats are probably covered. Looks like pretty much everything above the lower bowl and maybe half or 3/4 of the lower bowl. With that said, that does not mean 80% of the seats will be protected from wind, rain and snow. With a giant opening above the field of play all those elements will still be blown into at least 50% of the seats if not an even greater percentage. 

Fuzzy math or the dreaded climate confusion?   😂

7 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Only thing I dont like with some of these designs is you end up with only like 30% of the field getting any sunlight during day games.   Just looks weird.  

tottenham-hotspur-stadium-spurs-populous-london_dezeen_2364_col_13-852x616.jpg

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Lost said:

Only thing I dont like with some of these designs is you end up with only like 30% of the field getting any sunlight during day games.   Just looks weird.  

I agree. Don't like that either. I guess that will only really be a problem in September. Get's pretty cloudy and overcast most of the football season in Buffalo right?

4 minutes ago, Lost said:

It’s much less notable when you’re sitting in the stadium. Your eyes adjust to the changes in light level much better than the television cameras can. 

11 minutes ago, Lost said:

yep, looks crappy on TV. 

I'm wondering what kind of material the overhang will be. There has been extensive use of that specialized plastic in new stadiums. That's how they get nice natural light into the LA and Minn stadiums, even though they're covered. I'm not sure if that can be used for an overhang like the Bills are planning; if it's sturdy enough?

43 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I also came away with the same thing from the surveys that were out there. I would guess most of the entire lower bowl will be in the elements. 

24 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If you have seen the surveys, it doesn’t appear you are correct with the 80% covered seats argument. 

personally, I hope Your right and 80% are covered. But the surveys definitely suggest differently. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

I also came away with the same thing from the surveys that were out there. I would guess most of the entire lower bowl will be in the elements. 

If you have seen the surveys, it doesn’t appear you are correct with the 80% covered seats argument. 

personally, I hope Your right and 80% are covered. But the surveys definitely suggest differently. 

I'm just looking at Hotspur stadium. Someone on here said that is the most likely stadium design they will replicate.