Stadium Renderings are here!!!

Steel City Mafia

11 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'm just looking at Hotspur stadium. Someone on here said that is the most likely stadium design they will replicate. 

I understand that. It’s because the same company is designing ours. But I don’t think everyone understands that just because it’s being compared, means that’s what we are going to get. I’m a season tix holder and got the survey where they went over every seat option expectations and I can say that it didn’t feel like 80% would be covered. Imo it even felt like less than 50%. Again, I hope I’m wrong. I really want to be covered and under heat at the new stadium. But I really believe it won’t be nearly as much as what some are expecting. 

• Agree 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

11-26 with 3 ints vs Atlanta is pretty bad. But who cares about 1 game, Allen is sub 60% completion % at home for his career. He’s a better QB away from home in basically every category. He even has more yards rushing away from home.

Defense is better at home probably for the same reasons Allen is worse at home. The weather.

They’ve said 80 %

Completion %?  That's what you have? lol

He's 21-10 at home 19-12 on the road.  He's 3-0 in January. All of his playoff wins are on the road.  All his playoff wins are at home...in the Ralph....in January.

Truly severe weather affects any game so rarely and Josh Allen, of all QBs in the NFL, is the most perfected created QB for such weather that your argument makes no sense at all.

10 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

11-26 with 3 ints vs Atlanta is pretty bad. But who cares about 1 game, Allen is sub 60% completion % at home for his career. He’s a better QB away from home in basically every category. He even has more yards rushing away from home.

Defense is better at home probably for the same reasons Allen is worse at home. The weather.

They’ve said 80 %

Here's the flaw in stating Allen's home v road stats, you aren't considering how the opposing QB fares in those home games because at the end of the day Josh Allen home isn't playing against Josh Allen road QB, he's playing against the opposing QB that day. The goal isn't for Allen to put up the best stats, it's for him to do better than the opposing QB.

For instance:

In the wind game McCorkle Jones threw for 19 yards.  If Diggs caught the ball placed in his bread basket or if our coaching staff showed up and wasn't out coached to an embarrassing extent, we win.  

Against the Panthers in December Allen threw for only 210 yards on 56%, but 3TD, meanwhile the opposing QB threw for only 156 on only 47% with 1 TD.

Yes, Allen had a bad day on the snow vs Atlanta, but he ran for 80+ yards instead and Matt Ryan was able to complete only 13 passes. 

Against the Jets Allen only competed 53% for 239 and 2TD, another 63 on the ground... but Zack Wilson only completed 7 of 20, 37%, for just 87 yards. 

Yes, Allen's numbers suffer at home but they are still far better than that of opposing QBs that often get competely crippled. 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, mrags said:

I understand that. It’s because the same company is designing ours. But I don’t think everyone understands that just because it’s being compared, means that’s what we are going to get. I’m a season tix holder and got the survey where they went over every seat option expectations and I can say that it didn’t feel like 80% would be covered. Imo it even felt like less than 50%. Again, I hope I’m wrong. I really want to be covered and under heat at the new stadium. But I really believe it won’t be nearly as much as what some are expecting. 

The Bills stadium will of course be unique but looking at recent projects from the same architectural firm should give you a bit of a hint. Speaking as an architect, what Populous’ portfolio of recent work is most known for is a more contemporary imagery, as opposed to a historically referenced ‘style’. Now it’s only a guess but I don’t expect a brick clad industrial looking stadium like you see in Seattle. Instead I expect a much more modern aesthetic. I’ve been to Tottenham. The best I can describe it is it looks like a spaceship landed in a neighborhood of old brick row houses. It’s incredibly cool! Although I’m not sure what the next door neighbors think about it. 

31 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Here's the flaw in stating Allen's home v road stats, you aren't considering how the opposing QB fares in those home games because at the end of the day Josh Allen home isn't playing against Josh Allen road QB, he's playing against the opposing QB that day. The goal isn't for Allen to put up the best stats, it's for him to do better than the opposing QB.

For instance:

In the wind game McCorkle Jones threw for 19 yards.  If Diggs caught the ball placed in his bread basket or if our coaching staff showed up and wasn't out coached to an embarrassing extent, we win.  

Against the Panthers in December Allen threw for only 210 yards on 56%, but 3TD, meanwhile the opposing QB threw for only 156 on only 47% with 1 TD.

Yes, Allen had a bad day on the snow vs Atlanta, but he ran for 80+ yards instead and Matt Ryan was able to complete only 13 passes. 

Against the Jets Allen only competed 53% for 239 and 2TD, another 63 on the ground... but Zack Wilson only completed 7 of 20, 37%, for just 87 yards. 

Yes, Allen's numbers suffer at home but they are still far better than that of opposing QBs that often get competely crippled. 

Someone did this analysis last year, maybe Joe Marino? And he concluded that this is true, despite Allen's numbers going down at home in the weather, the gap between him and the opposing qb increases.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Bills stadium will of course be unique but looking at recent projects from the same architectural firm should give you a bit of a hint. Speaking as an architect, what Populous’ portfolio of recent work is most known for is a more contemporary imagery, as opposed to a historically referenced ‘style’. Now it’s only a guess but I don’t expect a brick clad industrial looking stadium like you see in Seattle. Instead I expect a much more modern aesthetic. I’ve been to Tottenham. The best I can describe it is it looks like a spaceship landed in a neighborhood of old brick row houses. It’s incredibly cool! Although I’m not sure what the next door neighbors think about it. 

Not sure what any of this has to do with how much of the seating area is covered…and yes, by now we all know you are an architect.  😂

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Not sure what any of this has to do with how much of the seating area is covered…and yes, by now we all know you are an architect.  😂

Trust me…not trying to show off. But if anyone wants to see the Tottenham Stadium they are on TV today at 12:30 eastern time on the USA Network.

And with regard to the seat covering, virtually every single European (especially English) soccer stadium is constructed with 100% of the seats under cover. They’ve been building them that way for years. It rains regularly in England and their season is during the fall, winter, and spring…not the sunnier summer months. The only fans who get wet are those in maybe the first couple of rows when the rain is wind blown.

If you’re really interested I highly recommend downloading Google Earth where you can easily ‘tour’ all of these sites. Because the images are from a satellite they’re essentially looking straight down from above. What you’ll discover is that the only area inside the stadium that’s exposed to the sky is the field itself. I hope that helps. 👍

Edited by SoCal Deek

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Trust me…not trying to show off. But if anyone wants to see the Tottenham Stadium they are on TV today at 12:30 eastern time on the USA Network.

And with regard to the seat covering, virtually every single European (especially English) soccer stadium is constructed with 100% of the seats under cover. They’ve been building them that way for years. It rains regularly in England and their season is during the fall, winter, and spring…not the sunnier summer months. The only fans who get wet are those in maybe the first couple of rows when the rain is wind blown.

If you’re really interested I highly recommend downloading Google Earth where you can easily ‘tour’ all of these sites. Because the images are from a satellite they’re essentially looking straight down from above. What you’ll discover is that the only area inside the stadium that’s exposed to the sky is the field itself. I hope that helps. 👍

After looking at a few Populus Stadiums I think the best we could hope for is Allianz Field in MN. But I feel it will be more like Accor Stadium in Australia. 

I really hope it’s more like Allianz🙏

• Agree 1

While not designed by Populous you might also Google the renderings of the new Everton stadium. It’s closer to the size of an NFL stadium and in my opinion is really nice mix of contemporary and traditional architecture. Liverpool, home of Everton, is an industrial seaport town like Buffalo. All of these design firms pay close attention to what the others are doing. It’s a competitive industry and there aren’t that many to look at.

14 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

True, 59.77%.  Also true is the opposing QBs in Orchard Park last year had a 52.3% completion %.

Allen was sacked 11 times at home last year but the opposing QBs were sacked 26 times.

I'm sure those categories matter too.

Rain, snow and wind effect both sides.  I wouldn't worry about it.

tete

31 minutes ago, mrags said:

After looking at a few Populus Stadiums I think the best we could hope for is Allianz Field in MN. But I feel it will be more like Accor Stadium in Australia. 

I really hope it’s more like Allianz🙏

That translucent wrap around the outside would be great.

38 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

True, 59.77%.  Also true is the opposing QBs in Orchard Park last year had a 52.3% completion %.

Allen was sacked 11 times at home last year but the opposing QBs were sacked 26 times.

I'm sure those categories matter too.

Rain, snow and wind effect both sides.  I wouldn't worry about it.

I said the defense is better in poor weather.

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I said the defense is better in poor weather.

The way I see it, this year in Dec and Jan (regular season) the Bills play the Jets, Dolphins and Patriots at home.

The only warm weather team is the fish.  I'd rather play them in Buffalo in Dec than Miami.

Tua will be at a much greater disadvantage than Allen IMO.