Donald Trump is under criminal investigation by the Department of Justice

Just now, 716er said:

You're yelling conspiracy before you even see the evidence. Talk about naive. 

You're yelling conspiracy before you even learn the evidence. Talk about naive. 

Ok.  Let’s wait and see.  

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Honestly surprised it took this long for him to fundraise off of this:

Remember that he raised $200 million after the election for a fund that didn’t exist. 

2 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

I’m sure Trump will use this unfortunate day as an opportunity for fund raising from his loyal supporters. In that sense, it may be a net plus for him.

Edited by ChiGoose

In a (futile) attempt to bring some sanity to the discussion ...

... for a long time reports have said that at least some of the boxes and boxes Trump shipped to Mar-a-Lago contained classified documents. 

I don't know how this ever could have happened other than someone (Trump; his cronies) ignoring the law.

If anyone here has ever worked with classified docs, you'll know the drill. Locked safe. Sign in and out documents. End of the day inventory to make sure that everything that was taken out was put back. Courier cards for people moving documents from one location to another. Etc, etc., etc. It's actually a royal pain in the ass, but everyone -- EVERYONE -- knows the drill. Sometimes people leave out classified in their offices and go to lunch, forgetting about them. That triggers an investigation. Sometimes your security clearance will get revoked, which is a nice way of saying you lose your job. 

Again ... moving classified out of the White House to a private residence is unheard of. Does. Not. Happen.

Period.

Unless you are just flouting the law.

Hence, the search.

(Hillary email people: yes, that was a problem, and yes, there may have been classified shared over that unsecured network. If so, same offense. Same offense, but ...  that's not as brazen as literally SHIPPING BOXES WITH CLASSIFIED DOCS TO YOUR PRIVATE RESIDENCE. You just can't ignore it. In the end, the FBI didn't)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The President weighs in

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

High stakes for how this plays out, re: DeSantis

If Trump is indicted with substance to it, it paves the way for DeSantis.   

If this turns out to be nothing, Trump is the next President. 

• Disagree 1

Just now, SCBills said:

High stakes for how this plays out, re: DeSantis

If Trump is indicted with substance to it, it paves the way for DeSantis.   

If this turns out to be nothing, Trump is the next President. 

Yep - that's how I read it.  I just posted the tweet above. 

But I think they know it's nothing/theater (hell everything is). 

They're deliberately fueling Trump martyrdom.

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

This is exactly why The Regime/Deep State did it.

They don't want to run against DeSantis they want to run against Trump. 

And run against him forever. 

Like I said before, it's always been the same playbook, just with a different boogeyman.  Now the permanent boogeyman is Trump and they'll use him until he dies, and probably for many more years after.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Like I said before, it's always been the same playbook, just with a different boogeyman.  Now the permanent boogeyman is Trump and they'll use him until he dies, and probably for many more years after.

They're working on making him a Westworld like host.  

The fidelity tests will be to see if he responds with "fake news" upon showing him headlines of every "scandal" they created.  

WILLIAM A. JACOBSON: 

This is a provocation. They are trying to get a reaction that allows a further crackdown.

Don’t take the bait. Being stupid isn’t tough, it’s just stupid.

I flipped back and forth between CNN and MSNBC. At least when I watched, they were not engaging in the expected celebrations. There was a palpable dread that this could backfire against the Democrats. Bigly.

Be smart.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2022/08/this-is-a-provocation-they-are-trying-to-get-a-reaction-that-allows-a-further-crackdown/

Read the whole thing.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Not happy

... until the traitorous orangutan is behind bars

but it's a  start.  

Suck it Putin fanbois. 

We have way more fun at parties then the Xi fan boys.  Doesn't matter how much Coke Hunter brings.  

37 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

We have way more fun at parties then the Xi fan boys.  Doesn't matter how much Coke Hunter brings.  

What kind of morons think that those of us who despise Putin don't also despise Xi Jinping?  Them, Trump, Orbam, et al, are self-serving tools- Trump just happens to be the absolute stupidest of the lot.  

• Like (+1) 1