Impact of Dobbs and Abortion Laws

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Awesome - so we can put you down as a yes for auto vasectomies from the start of puberty.

Thanks Ditz! 

No problem Schill!  You keep fighting that good fight brah.  January 6!!

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, B-Man said:

WELL. 

This is why we get the hysterically untrue propaganda articles like Billy posted above.

Alabama Supreme Court rules that frozen embryos are ‘children.’

https://www.wsfa.com/2024/02/20/alabama-supreme-court-rules-that-frozen-embryos-are-children/

WELL.

No, Bonnie.

GGmPqInXsAAb12Z?format=jpg&name=medium

GGmPqInXwAEU3ft?format=jpg&name=medium

You clearly didn't read it... 

Idiot

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

WELL.

No, Bonnie.

GGmPqInXsAAb12Z?format=jpg&name=medium

GGmPqInXwAEU3ft?format=jpg&name=medium

You clearly didn't read it... 

Idiot

You’re a loser and a moron.  They can quote scripture all they want you commie thug.  

Look at this other horrible example referencing scripture:

On January 5, 1865, Thaddeus Stevens gave a speech on the House floor in support of the 13th Amendment. The high point of those remarks were:

Those who believe that a righteous Providence punishes nations for national sins believe that this terrible plague is brought upon us as a punishment for our oppression of a harmless race of men inflicted without cause and without excuse for ages. I accept this belief; for I remember that an ancient despot, not so cruel as this Republic, held a people in bondage — a bondage much lighter than American slavery; that the Lord ordered him to liberate them. He refused. His whole people were punished. Plague after plague was sent upon the land until the seventh slew the firstborn of every household; nor did they cease until the tyrant 'let the people go.' We have suffered more than all the plagues of Egypt; more than the first-born of every household has been taken. We still harden our hearts and refuse to let the people go. The scourge still continues, nor do I expect it to cease until we obey the high behest of the Father of men. We are about to have another opportunity to obey this command. We are about to ascertain the national will by another vote to amend the Constitution. If gentlemen opposite it will yield to the voice of God and humanity and vote for it, I verily believe the sword of the destroying angel will be stayed and this people be reunited. If we still harden our hearts and blood must still flow, may the blood of the victims sit heavily on the hearts of those who cause it. 

Congressional Globe, 38 Cong. 2 session, January 13, 1865, p. 124

One of the most famous speeches ever given on the House Floor. 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is actually what I am now hoping for.

Alabama, trying to act to the rest of the country and the world like it is no longer the bible-thumping backwater of its stereotype, sees years of rebranding shot to ***** in one fell swoop. Again. First Roy Moore, now this.

Women, just don't move there. And if you live there, just move somewhere else.

On 2/14/2024 at 5:16 AM, Doc said:

Abortion isn’t even in the top-10 issues anymore. But keep thinking it is and running on it. 

Oh yes it is

On 2/19/2024 at 8:21 PM, Big Blitz said:

You’re a loser and a moron.  They can quote scripture all they want you commie thug.  

Look at this other horrible example referencing scripture:

On January 5, 1865, Thaddeus Stevens gave a speech on the House floor in support of the 13th Amendment. The high point of those remarks were:

Those who believe that a righteous Providence punishes nations for national sins believe that this terrible plague is brought upon us as a punishment for our oppression of a harmless race of men inflicted without cause and without excuse for ages. I accept this belief; for I remember that an ancient despot, not so cruel as this Republic, held a people in bondage — a bondage much lighter than American slavery; that the Lord ordered him to liberate them. He refused. His whole people were punished. Plague after plague was sent upon the land until the seventh slew the firstborn of every household; nor did they cease until the tyrant 'let the people go.' We have suffered more than all the plagues of Egypt; more than the first-born of every household has been taken. We still harden our hearts and refuse to let the people go. The scourge still continues, nor do I expect it to cease until we obey the high behest of the Father of men. We are about to have another opportunity to obey this command. We are about to ascertain the national will by another vote to amend the Constitution. If gentlemen opposite it will yield to the voice of God and humanity and vote for it, I verily believe the sword of the destroying angel will be stayed and this people be reunited. If we still harden our hearts and blood must still flow, may the blood of the victims sit heavily on the hearts of those who cause it. 

Congressional Globe, 38 Cong. 2 session, January 13, 1865, p. 124

One of the most famous speeches ever given on the House Floor. 

***** your God

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

If only there was a way that the GOP could flip this issue on the Dems…

18-29 year olds - hey there’s hope.  

That’s definitely a major reason why Trump is talking about proposing this.  

It’s unfortunate but it’s politically the right thing - lives will still be saved - and states can still lower that or still ban.

The Democrat alternative is legislation that could kill as many as possible.  So there’s your options.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Oh yes it is

No, it's not John.  Illegal immigration is tied for 1st and that's why the Dems suddenly started admitting there's a crisis at the border and are trying to pin it on Repubs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

No, it's not John.  Illegal immigration is tied for 1st and that's why the Dems suddenly started admitting there's a crisis at the border and are trying to pin it on Repubs.

First of all, if you take a look at the polls after elections, you will see that women’s rights is right there at the forefront

It’s easy to put it on Republicans because they are ones that asked for immigration reform and then killed the bill

It’s a bad look

33 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It’s easy to put it on Republicans because they are ones that asked for immigration reform and then killed the bill

Not true.

They prevented a bill that wasn't satisfactory.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Not satisfactory for whom
And what wasn’t satisfactory about it?

I'm not going to spend time going over the entire bill.

There are amnesty issues and power granted to the executive, who is not fulfilling his current obligations on enforcement, that were deemed excessive.

In addition while appropriating money for a wall, it did not commit to it.

The 5000/day thing?

Anyway, you can do your own homework on why it wouldn't get through the House.

To say that they were asking for immigration reform and then "killed the bill," is a gross misrepresentation.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

First of all, if you take a look at the polls after elections, you will see that women’s rights is right there at the forefront

It’s a bad look

Given the fact that Republicans keep

running candidates under the MAGA label, including Trump himself, the margins are slim as suburban women aren’t fans of this movement or the man himself.   Given that, abortion comes across as the dividing line as the issue that tips the scale towards Democrats in these tight elections.  

Republicans have to address that, and acknowledge it, if they’re going to keep running Trump/Trump candidates over candidates like Youngkin, Haley, DeSantis etc. 

As far as immigration goes.. the bipartisan bill was a self inflicted gunshot for R’s, but won’t be fatal… more of a flesh wound that will heal up by the time November rolls around.  This issue is synonymous with Joe Biden .. it’s stuck to him politically. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It’s a bad look

I'm talking about right now, John, not almost a year and a half ago.  It's not top-10.  

And Joke/the Dems are totally responsible for the 8M illegals in the country since Joke took over (with probably another 3M coming this/his final year) because of what he did on Day One with his EO's.  And that's why a border bill isn't necessary.

• Like (+1) 1

John Kennedy Gets Pro-Abortion Professor to Make Stunning Admission

By Madeline Leesman

In the hearing, Prof. Caitlin Myers, a professor of economics at Middlebury College, claimed that not allowing women to obtain abortions impacts the economy because it hinders a woman’s “ability to plan if and when to become mothers,” according to her testimony. Myers was invited to the hearing by Senate Democrats. 

Kennedy pressed Myers on her stance after she agreed that “reproductive justice is economic justice.”

“That’s not true for the baby, is it?” Kennedy said.

“Well, first of all, I would refer to a fetus, not a baby,” she answered. 

“As an economist, I measure effects using data…I’m not here to talk about ethics, assignment of personhood, that’s not my role,” she added. 

“There’s no economic justice for the baby, because the baby’s dead. Right?” Kennedy retorted. 

“I don’t really know how to answer your question,” Myers responded. “I would refer to it as a fetus.” 

“Is the baby dead or alive?” 

“We’re referring to a fetus.” 

“Is the fetus dead or alive after an abortion?”

Myers paused.

“The fetus would be dead after an abortion,” she said.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/madelineleesman/2024/02/28/reproductive-rights-hearing-n2635837

• Thank you (+1) 1

These MAGA nuts have just lost their minds

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2024/03/01/ivf-embryos-alabama-ruling-conservative-women/

Late last Saturday, after she’d put her two toddlers to bed in central North Carolina, Hannah Nelson spotted a troubling post in her Instagram feed: “The Alabama ruling & a Christian consideration of IVF.”

“Being pro-life does not mean ‘have babies through whatever means necessary’,” a Christian influencer had written of the recent ruling by Alabama’s Supreme Court that frozen embryos are children — a decision invoking God that quickly upended IVF treatment in the state, panicked many women there and elsewhere and sent legislators scrambling to respond.

Nelson, who conceived her son through IVF, is not normally political online. Her Instagram profile reads “Jesus follower. Wife. Mama. Optimist. School counselor.” But that post by Allie Beth Stuckey, who has more than a half-million followers, shocked and saddened her, and she felt compelled to push back.

“There is an ethical and Christian way to do IVF,” she wrote. “I am curious why you’re against that means of creating a family.”

Across red-state America, other conservative Christian women have had similar reactions since the Feb. 16 court ruling. Like Nelson, they usually post online about faith and family. In the past two weeks, though, they’ve become outspoken, even angry advocates. They’ve decried the Alabama ruling on their social media pages, galvanized to defend both their values and in vitro fertilization. Their comments have often appeared amid photos of the babies that IVF made possible.

Nelson, 30, resorted to the procedure after years of struggling with endometriosis. Her Instagram feed includes photos of her son’s embryo and then of 3-year-old Brent as a baby. (His onesie proclaimed “For this child we have prayed.”) She was able to conceive naturally with her second child, but she and her husband still have four embryos frozen that she plans to use someday.

“I never thought [IVF] was so polarizing. There’s mamas who I just truly believe are meant to be mamas that can’t do it without IVF,” said Nelson, a school counselor. She thinks the procedure “can be used for God’s glory” — and that “it’s best for the government to keep its hands out of it.”

In Pensacola, Fla., Emily Ley felt “a responsibility” to speak up — not only because she and her husband have friends across the border in Alabama whose IVF treatment was disrupted but because they’re worried about the implications for others.

“It’s only a matter of time before it starts to happen in other states. It just terrifies me,” she said.

The mother of three, who owns her own business, typically posts online about home organization to her 235,000 Instagram followers. She considers herself fiscally conservative yet socially liberal and most times stays away from political subjects. Not right now.

Libs gonna rant about an outlier state like Alabama nonstop.   It’s no more extreme that the abortion laws in deep blue states where there’s barely any protection for babies at any point during the pregnancy. 

The reality is, sounds like Trump may push for a 15 week abortion ban.. which is right around where polling flips from Dem favorability to Republican favorability. 

When it comes down to this issue.. where Trump v Biden stand is where it will go, not Cali anytime abortion vs Alabama IVF nonsense. 

• Like (+1) 1

How does he make it federal if the courts ruled that it's a state issue?  Seems like it would be struck down under the same reasoning. 

I do agree they will focus hard on Southern states.  

Do women not vote in the south?  Alabama?

10 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

How does he make it federal if the courts ruled that it's a state issue?  Seems like it would be struck down under the same reasoning. 

I do agree they will focus hard on Southern states.  

Do women not vote in the south?  Alabama?

I have no idea.  Both Trump and Biden are apparently going to aim to federalize or maybe make a national law as a starting point.  The entire premise of overthrow Roe v Wade was to send it to the states.  

“Do women vote in the South?”

This is where media/Dem manipulation plays in…

Look at polling on this issue broken down between male and female.  

Men & Women are typically within a few points of each other on the issue itself, and - more importantly - when it should be legal/illegal. 

So women do vote in the South ha.. but alot of women down here are conservative and/or married, which typically lends itself to voting more along pro-life lines.  

Given the Democrats entire base now seems to be unmarried women, this issue can generate higher turnout in other parts of the country .. but the South is not abortion-obsessed.  More people are religious and while they may be pro-choice, they can stomach crossing over to vote for a Brian Kemp or Ron DeSantis, Henry McMaster etc., because they prioritize other issues higher. 

In summary, yes women in the South vote.  But the Dems heavy edge on unmarried women narrows down here where more are conservative and/or religious plus a higher amount of politically active married women. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/22/2024 at 6:30 AM, Doc said:

So obvious as well. Dems must think we're all stupid

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...

Listening to the abortion pill/Mifepristone arguments before the Supreme Court (streaming now on the SCt website). So far, I can say that Garland's Solicitor General, Elizabeth Prelogar, is doing a superb job. She has an answer - supported by law and the record in the case - for all of the questions coming from the conservative justices. It is a very politically charged issue, but I can't really see a basis for the Supreme Court to allow a ban.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1