Jump to content

So How Much Better Is Your Roster Than the Rest of the Conference?


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

As would I… but don’t really feel it’s fair to suggest Herbert isn’t near the leader Josh is… just two different personalities, many of LAs teammates have verbally expressed Herbert as a leader by example. 
 

Chargers have a ***** ton of talent… if the Bills don’t take the AFC this season my guess is because they lost to someone out of the West…. Either Chargers, Broncos, or the Chiefs again, IMO. 

Hill is making sure everybody knows just what a stud Tua is, great leader Yada Yada.  Its the company line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Maybe not a huge poster, but a huge Bills fan. My dad took me to my first game at the rock pile in 1970, as well as the very first game ever at Rich Stadium.  To clarify my point, I think the Bills to have the best talent across the board in the AFC this season..but there isn’t a big gap between us and everybody else..especially the Chargers. The best thing the Bills have going for them is a weak division, and the prospect for playing their playoff games at home.

Your sentence structure and syntax  is not correct. If you went to a Bill's game in the 70s it would be better. Are you a bot or a troll?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have the best roster in the league. But like every team over NFL history who have had the same thing, that don't mean ***** unless we put it together during the playoffs which I think we will. Been a Bills fan for over 20 years now and I am more confident than I have ever been.

Edited by Rigby
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brandon Staley made some of the dumbest coaching decisions I've ever seen last year and almost single handedly denied the Chargers a playoff spot. If he trusts his team more this year they will indeed be one of the best in the conference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

So there has been a lot of hype around the Bills and their prospects for a great season based on the talent on the roster. But how much separation is their between the Bills and other favorites in the conference at the skill positions?
 

QB - Herbert may not have the dual threat capabilities that Allen has, but some would argue he’s a better passer.

 

WRs - Yes, the Bills have Diggs and Davis, but the Chargers have Allen and Williams, who some people think is the best receiving tandem in the NFL.

 

Shutdown Corner - Well, when he’s 100%, the Bills have White, but the Chargers made a big splash in free agency with J.C. Jackson.

 

Safeties - Hyde and Poyer?….They have All-Pro Derwin James.

 

Big Veteran Disruptive Pass Rusher in Free Agency?…Sure, we picked up a great one in Von Miller…but don’t forget the Chargers signed Khalil Mack….oh, and that other guy already on the lineup named  Joey Bosa.

 

And all this there is still D Tackle Sebastian Joseph Day they got from the Rams.

 

If nothing else, these rosters were built very similarly, but not that sure we are THAT much better, especially if the injury bug hits.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Herbert hasn't made the playoffs yet and seemingly played down instead of up when the situations got tough.

 

Allen holds the best QB rating in postseason history and has 5 of his 6 games with 250+ yards passing and 50+ yards rushing. The next closest player to him has 3.

 

All this to say when the chips are down Allen is a beast and plays his best and Herbert doesn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rigby said:

We have the best roster in the league. But like every team over NFL history who have had the same thing, that don't mean ***** unless we put it together during the playoffs which I think we will. Been a Bills fan for over 20 years now and I am more confident than I have ever been.

Bolded goes hand in hand with “Hear me out…”. 😂

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Buffalo is in the mix, but I mostly fear the Packers, Rams, Chiefs, Bucs, Broncos and Titans.

 

There’s other teams that could knock us out if we’re having a bad day, like maybe the Bengals, Chargers, Cowboys and Ravens etc.

 

My gut feeling is telling me that the Cowboys may elevate into that upper echelon of teams this year.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you put Allen on the Charger's roster, they make the playoffs.  Can't say the same if you sent us Herbert.  The Bills will go as far as Allen and a good defense will take them, not unlike that Brady guy and his teams.  The Chargers had all sorts of stars in Rivers, LaDanian Tomlinson, Gates at TE, great defense, etc. and they never did anything.  Your QB has to have that certain "it" factor, Allen does, and no one knows if Herbert does or ever will.  It shows up in big moments, not stats. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, foreboding said:

We also have a QB that has that clutch factor. That should a be a +90% modifier right there! Justine Sherbert hasn't shown any of that, they can't even get in the tournament.

 

this is a great point.  But the other point is that our D is the opposite of clutch.  Hopefully Frazier will be more aggressive with Miller and a CB that likes to press in Elam.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, P Riv said:

If you put Allen on the Charger's roster, they make the playoffs.  Can't say the same if you sent us Herbert.  The Bills will go as far as Allen and a good defense will take them, not unlike that Brady guy and his teams.  The Chargers had all sorts of stars in Rivers, LaDanian Tomlinson, Gates at TE, great defense, etc. and they never did anything.  Your QB has to have that certain "it" factor, Allen does, and no one knows if Herbert does or ever will.  It shows up in big moments, not stats. 

I agree we wouldn’t go as far with Herbert and they would go further with Allen. 
 

BUT we def still make the playoffs with Herbert. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

 

Herbert hasn't made the playoffs yet and seemingly played down instead of up when the situations got tough.

 

Allen holds the best QB rating in postseason history and has 5 of his 6 games with 250+ yards passing and 50+ yards rushing. The next closest player to him has 3.

 

All this to say when the chips are down Allen is a beast and plays his best and Herbert doesn't.

 

Not sure that is really fair on Herbert. And let me be clear I think Josh Allen is a better Quarterback than Justin Herbert. But Herbert's performance in clutch situations last year was absolutely there. Unfortunately for him his defense blew it on multiple occasions. It is a bit akin to blaming Josh Allen for the defeat in Kansas City. 

 

I think a more legit criticism of Herbert is he can be kinda meh early in halves. He threw 38 touchdowns last year. 30 of them came in the 2nd and 4th quarter. It isn't that rare for a QB to score more TDs in 2nd and 4th Quarters - teams get more aggressive when the clock becomes a factor - but that differential is particularly stark. Only three 3rd Quarter touchdowns. I think Herbert has lulls in games and you can legitimately say that sometimes it give his team too much to do but in crunch time he has been pretty darn good. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Given his size and athletic ability you almost expect more out of Herbert like we see from Allen regularly. Allen seems to have an edge with secondary reaction plays. But Herbert is very good just reading the defense and executing the called play/pass. I thought it was a pretty incredible drive Herbert orchestrated in the final two minutes of regulation against the Raiders last year to force overtime. 

16 hours ago, Big Turk said:

All this to say when the chips are down Allen is a beast and plays his best and Herbert doesn't.

 

I can't recall enough of the Chargers games to say either way correctly. But Herbert was nothing short of amazing in the final two minutes of regulation against the Raiders last year. 

 

Last year was crazy because every team had some absolutely pitiful WTF? type games. For the Chargers it was against the Texans. Bills against the Jaguars. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Not sure that is really fair on Herbert. And let me be clear I think Josh Allen is a better Quarterback than Justin Herbert. But Herbert's performance in clutch situations last year was absolutely there. Unfortunately for him his defense blew it on multiple occasions. It is a bit akin to blaming Josh Allen for the defeat in Kansas City. 

 

I think a more legit criticism of Herbert is he can be kinda meh early in halves. He threw 38 touchdowns last year. 30 of them came in the 2nd and 4th quarter. It isn't that rare for a QB to score more TDs in 2nd and 4th Quarters - teams get more aggressive when the clock becomes a factor - but that differential is particularly stark. Only three 3rd Quarter touchdowns. I think Herbert has lulls in games and you can legitimately say that sometimes it give his team too much to do but in crunch time he has been pretty darn good. 

 

Remember the Dreaded 3rd Quarter of 2020?

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...