If I own a pro sports team in one of these ***** up anti abortion states

I can just see Jerry Jones packing up the moving vans in the middle of the night to move to Indianapolis over this.

Do you ever consider who we might be flushing?

Up until President Biden, In my lifetime the Democrats have always won with young charismatic candidates.  JFK, Bill Clinton, and Barack Obama Now when the really Need a candidate like this, they don't have one.  I wonder if he/she was aborted and thrown in a dumpster.

Ludwig Van Beethoven's father had syphillis and  was an alcoholic and they already had children.  A prime candidate in today's world.

Heck,  President Obama had a Single mother and whose father in Kenya had zero interest in raising him.  He would be a prime candidate in today's world. 

Dave Thomas was an orphan. Unwanted by both parents yet was able to work hard and start Wendy's thus employing hundreds of thousands of people.  Another prime candidate.

Maybe we aborted the person who could cure cancer or come up with some invention no one else has thought of helping climate change or solve world hunger. Do you ever think about this?

What a crazy world we live in now when people choose to have sex knowing the possible consequences. When said consequences occur they cry not fair not fair and flush it.

I don't care how you look at it, that organism or whatever it is in there with separate DNA from the mother is alive. Science tells us this.  Abortion ends said life.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I told you fellow Conservatives and actual Americans - our Independent friends.   

It's over and we're done here.  Secession.  

Bill and the Covid loon in the OP may be trolls and a very low info individuals. 

But this is exactly what they'll start saying about states that ban it - they'll need to be canceled and businesses moved.  

The OP is actually thankful his team plays in New York because it can kill kids.  They aren't alone - and they are the base of the Communist Party USA.  Formerly the Democrats.  

There is no more common ground.  For those of you that still think so, or think the people in this country are worth remaining *united* with, you're mistaken.

In January 2025, when DeSantis is sworn in, you're going to see - the first presidential inauguration --- in Tallahassee.  He will not hold it in DC and no way I'd want him to.  

Secession will happen by 2028 or so.  Amid a complete economic collapse.  

This is going to be awesome.  

2028? those of us with common sense really need everyone on the extreme edges to get it over with. pick a state and choice of weopon to meet on a field and get to the slaughtering so we can have rational descussion on these topics. 

believe it or not most people dont think when a sperm touches a egg its instantly a precious soul and we certainly don't want fully formed fetuses chopped into bits. we can't figure out a good common sense answer with all this noise. so please take the hatred out however you feel is necessary on each other  and make sure the gov officials pushing it are in the front.

we got important things to fix.

Edited by Buffarukus

11 hours ago, BillStime said:

Yeah the largest economy in the US and fifth largest in the world cares what a school janitor thinks.

Go back to hating on gays

FYI…your unevolved high brow disrespect is showing again…they’re called custodians now. 

6 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

2028? those of us with common sense really need everyone on the extreme edges to get it over with. pick a state and choice of weopon to meet on a field and get to the slaughtering so we can have rational descussion on these topics. 

believe it or not most people dont think when a sperm touches a egg its instantly a precious soul and we certainly don't want fully formed fetuses chopped into bits. we can't figure out a good common sense answer with all this noise. so please take the hatred out however you feel is necessary on each other  and make sure the gov officials pushing it are in the front.

I generally agree with your point here but since you seem to be more liberal from other posts, I find it funny that you are pushing "rational" discussions. The Supreme Court pushed a law back on the states because there is nothing in the constitution supporting it and we have mostly liberals acting like states that follow the European model are fascist but those states that follow the Chinese North Korean model are pro-freedom.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I generally agree with your point here but since you seem to be more liberal from other posts, I find it funny that you are pushing "rational" discussions. The Supreme Court pushed a law back on the states because there is nothing in the constitution supporting it and we have mostly liberals acting like states that follow the European model are fascist but those states that follow the Chinese North Korean model are pro-freedom.

All that’s on display here is the utter failure of our public education system. It’s amazing how misinformed people (especially the young protesting people) are about how this country’s form of government is designed to work. It’s honestly too bad it’s summer break because this would be a perfect time for social studies teachers to drill into the topic. What’s it called?…a teachable moment!

Uh, no. That would be incredibly dumb. These are pro football teams, not abortion clinics.

I hate how we call on these massive companies to take a stand for us. They are not our moral north star.

I just want the Buffalo Bills to play football, Disney to give me movies, and McDonald's to give me burgers.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Lol why. Girls who get knocked up by professional athletes don’t get abortions, they get paid. 

In the immortal words of the great sage Kanye West: 18 years, 18 years!

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

more liberal? well at least someone still thinks that. 

im not saying anything on the supreme court ruling. i think it was the correct decision. 

i just know there are extremes on both sides of this issue that are going to activate now. maybe your to young to remember the doctors who performed abortions getting gunned down. multiple times. not long ago anti abortion was FAR more radical. then you hear how governors want to prosecute women just for seeking a abortion. databases. call on your neighbor. even if they leave the state, prosecute. not sure how that is anything less then north korea ideology. just as crazy as people demanding abortions at will regardless of late development that present no danger to the mother and of coarse we now have centers that literally only provide care to poor women who want to keep there baby getting firebombed. 

there's a middle ground most people agree on but that will never be presented. instead the media will cherry pick the extreme views, pull a guy with 100 likes off twitter as a representative. show idiot celebrities who know nothing. presented daily like its a majority view, like they do with every issue. people getting their worldview from a screen will cont to think there is no middle and polarize more thinking everyone that doesn't 100% agree MUST be one of the 2 extremes, thus making them dig in deeper to a side. 

its a sick game being played. I'd much rather common sense rational people do their own civil war on the media that is pushing this nonsense. when i talk to REAL people, its not like the way its portrayed. i know relatively few people in the large sceme of things. maybe I'm wrong. i hope not. 

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

more liberal? well at least someone still thinks that. 

im not saying anything on the supreme court ruling. i think it was the correct decision. 

i just know there are extremes on both sides of this issue that are going to activate now. maybe your to young to remember the doctors who performed abortions getting gunned down. multiple times. not long ago anti abortion was FAR more radical. then you hear how governors want to prosecute women just for seeking a abortion. databases. call on your neighbor. even if they leave the state, prosecute. not sure how that is anything less then north korea ideology. just as crazy as people demanding abortions at will regardless of late development that present no danger to the mother and of coarse we now have centers that literally only provide care to poor women who want to keep there baby getting firebombed. 

there's a middle ground most people agree on but that will never be presented. instead the media will cherry pick the extreme views, pull a guy with 100 likes off twitter as a representative. show idiot celebrities who know nothing. presented daily like its a majority view, like they do with every issue. people getting their worldview from a screen will cont to think there is no middle and polarize more thinking everyone that doesn't 100% agree MUST be one of the 2 extremes, thus making them dig in deeper to a side. 

its a sick game being played. I'd much rather common sense rational people do their own civil war on the media that is pushing this nonsense. when i talk to REAL people, its not like the way its portrayed. i know relatively few people in the large sceme of things. maybe I'm wrong. i hope not. 

I take back the liberal part- I just went through your last dozen posts and I had you confused with someone else- so my mistake. I definitely agree with your overall post.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

There is no salvaging 40-50% of this country.  

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

There is no salvaging 40-50% of this country.  

50%!?. if thats true why are bidens polls in the gutter? why did a texas boarder state that historically vote blue just vote a america first mexican woman married to a boarder patrol agent? why did ny elect a former police officer? yes a feckless one but still. why are demographics in blue states going down while red ones going up? woke DA in san fran recalled, school board recalled. why are movies tv shows pushing woke crap constantly losing money? 

biden was elected because he portrayed himself as a moderate. he lied. remember the rest of the nominees? why is there such a firm prediction on a red wave.

if you look at social media, watch the news, listen to pundits you will come to the conclusion you have. that's all it is, a screen. a screen that can cut, edit push any agenda and make you believe it. if you pay attention to other indicators like some that i mentioned, you can see people dont really want any of this crap. or if they did they sorely regret it. but be clear that the republicans are just as susceptible to swing things to their own extremes with the same thinking its what people want. just because you agree with that swing doesn't mean anyone else does. at this point they are our only hope for sanity so its up to their followers to take a hard look and fight against anything towards the deep end.

if they are not willing to do that then it makes them no different and yes, a war should be fought and let the extremists eliminate each other for the sake of the country.

Edited by Buffarukus

19 hours ago, 716er said:

Thank god the Bills are in New York State 

Definitely now there's a state to pattern your governmental design after only second to the likes of California :worthy: !!

Not that i'm arguing against that they are in NY because if they weren't that would mean we as fans would be in the same boat as St. Louis & San Diego but i'm just saying if your statement is to boast about the likes of Schumer, Cuomo, & that type of leadership along with others there holy cow .

6 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

50%!?. if thats true why are bidens polls in the gutter? why did a texas boarder state that historically vote blue just vote a america first mexican woman married to a boarder patrol agent? why did ny elect a former police officer? yes a feckless one but still. why are demographics in blue states going down while red ones going up? woke DA in san fran recalled, school board recalled. why are movies tv shows pushing woke crap constantly losing money? 

biden was elected because he portrayed himself as a moderate. he lied. remember the rest of the nominees? why is there such a firm prediction on a red wave.

if you look at social media, watch the news, listen to pundits you will come to the conclusion you have. that's all it is, a screen. a screen that can cut, edit push any agenda and make you believe it. if you pay attention to other indicators like some that i mentioned, you can see people dont really want any of this crap. or if they did they sorely regret it. but be clear that the republicans are just as susceptible to swing things to their own extremes with the same thinking its what people want. just because you agree with that swing doesn't mean anyone else does. at this point they are our only hope for sanity so its up to their followers to take a hard look and fight against anything towards the deep end.

if they are not willing to do that then it makes them no different and yes, a war should be fought and let the extremists eliminate each other for the sake of the country.

Every institution in America that matters is compromised - its been true that many leaned left or supported Ds.  But what I see post Covid is something much more sinister at work - the objective isn't just cheerleaders Ds anymore.  It's to silence, ignore, or "cancel" ANYTHING right of center.  Anything and anyone straight out of Mao's playbook.  

And they used to hide it.  

Threads like this show you exactly how far they've fallen.

Just winning elections isn't going to be enough.  

Edited by Big Blitz

18 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I can just see Jerry Jones packing up the moving vans in the middle of the night to move to Indianapolis over this.

Do you ever consider who we might be flushing?

Up until President Biden, In my lifetime the Democrats have always won with young charismatic candidates.  JFK, Bill Clinton, and Barack Obama Now when the really Need a candidate like this, they don't have one.  I wonder if he/she was aborted and thrown in a dumpster.

Ludwig Van Beethoven's father had syphillis and  was an alcoholic and they already had children.  A prime candidate in today's world.

Heck,  President Obama had a Single mother and whose father in Kenya had zero interest in raising him.  He would be a prime candidate in today's world. 

Dave Thomas was an orphan. Unwanted by both parents yet was able to work hard and start Wendy's thus employing hundreds of thousands of people.  Another prime candidate.

Maybe we aborted the person who could cure cancer or come up with some invention no one else has thought of helping climate change or solve world hunger. Do you ever think about this?

What a crazy world we live in now when people choose to have sex knowing the possible consequences. When said consequences occur they cry not fair not fair and flush it.

I don't care how you look at it, that organism or whatever it is in there with separate DNA from the mother is alive. Science tells us this.  Abortion ends said life.

Maybe they aborted the next Hitler!

This is so dumb.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Every institution in America that matters is compromised - its been true that many leaned left or supported Ds.  But what I see post Covid is something much more sinister at work - the objective isn't just cheerleaders Ds anymore.  It's to silence, ignore, or "cancel" ANYTHING right of center.  Anything and anyone straight out of Mao's playbook.  

And they used to hide it.  

Threads like this show you exactly how far they've fallen.

Just winning elections isn't going to be enough.  

The Dems have had:

13 months since SCOTUS granted cert to Dobbs.

6 months since oral arguments

1 month since the opinion was leaked, confirming their worst fears

Most of a week knowing the most likely day the opinion would come out.

And their best plan was to… sing on the Capitol steps, fundraise, and say they will get around to doing something about this.

These ideas that the Dems are behind the scenes doing sinister conspiracies with the deep state and the FBI and the media and colleges and reverse vampires or whatever, is completely undercut by the fact that the Democratic Party is probably the most incompetent organization on the planet. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The Dems have had:

13 months since SCOTUS granted cert to Dobbs.

6 months since oral arguments

1 month since the opinion was leaked, confirming their worst fears

Most of a week knowing the most likely day the opinion would come out.

And their best plan was to… sing on the Capitol steps, fundraise, and say they will get around to doing something about this.

These ideas that the Dems are behind the scenes doing sinister conspiracies with the deep state and the FBI and the media and colleges and reverse vampires or whatever, is completely undercut by the fact that the Democratic Party is probably the most incompetent organization on the planet. 

Nice try ChiGoose

The Party wants one thing…power. They couldn’t give a damn about their ‘supporters’ singing. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Nice try ChiGoose

The Party wants one thing…power. They couldn’t give a damn about their ‘supporters’ singing. 

It doesn’t matter what they want, they’re too incompetent to get it. 

They couldn’t organize a pizza party if they tried, nonetheless secure power.

They spent months negotiating privately and in public with Manchin over Biden’s signature legislation only for it to turn out that Manchin had given his list of wants to Schumer months ago but Schumer failed to mention that. 

They are in way over their heads and the idea that they are going to do somehow take over everything is laughable. 

2 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

that was a time those idiots swore inflation was not a concern. people with fancy economics degrees from harvard and such "didnt see this coming". sure is alot of ineptitude going on in this administration, i dont buy it.

manchin might have saved this country as liberals/ media slammed him. thank god 1 democrat had a bit of sense on insane spending.

i have one question in regards to how democrat decisions are purposfully destroying society. 

id love a explanation why you all became so pro criminal now? scream about guns when it comes to legal purchase but literally have a revolving door for felons with violent histories to get wrist slapped for illegaly carry and MORE violent crime. they have no issue with theft and buisness leaving. they don't allow cops to foot chase criminals IN CHICAGO if it isn't a "felony"! no cash bail to watch them go out and commit more crime. on and on and on. 

please explain the mentality that comes along with (criminals have become the victims) and how exactly any of this soft on crime is approved by anyone as crime and murder is ESCALATING. the very same people screamed  black lives matter are kicking back eating popcorn while they are getting slaughtered in the street. 

a rational person thinks

A) dems have lost their god d#$n minds

or 

B) the leadership is purposefully trying to destabilize society as we know it. 

this is just one of the things that has me believe blitz is absolutely right. there is no compromise here because there is no rationality behind it other then pure empathy for people that dont give a $#/+ about you and will be more then happy to take everything you have and kill afterwards. all this in a time where inflation is making law abiding people desperate. a time right after police were villianized by the same people they are suppose to protect. its a recipe for destruction and they are concerned more with what the proud boys are doing.

a toddler could tell us this is not going to end well for innocent people. yet we see more action by the "apalled" from a court who handed abortion back to the states then any of this insanity. every liberal DA should be fired and many think they are heroes. 

every liberal i talk to can't seem to respond because i dont think there is one. maybe your up to the task.

I'm going to answer this to the best of my knowledge and in good faith, but before I do so, I want to make a quick(ish) point.

The current Democratic Party is far more heterogenous than the modern Republican Party. While there is common ground that accounts for a significant percentage of the GOP, the Democratic Party is very decentralized. From a political science perspective, it does not make sense that people like AOC and Bernie Sanders are in the same party as Joe Manchin and John Tester.

In a society with a political media that can best be described as terrible, that means that one can take a statement from one person and try to ascribe it to everyone in the same party, regardless of the truth of the exercise. I state this not to try to wiggle out of answering your questions but more to underscore that just because some people in the party espouse a view does not mean that is the view of the party as a whole.

Anyway, to your questions:

1. Inflation

Traditionally, the Fed targets an inflation rate of around 2%. However, for years we were well below that despite the Fed's best efforts. It had been understood that there was a relationship between inflation and unemployment, but that uncoupled in the recovery from the great recession. Unemployment kept dropping but inflation stayed low and was still unable to meet the 2% target. 

During the pandemic, we passed several stimulus bills to keep the economy afloat and inflation still stayed below target. So it seemed to many like a good time to invest in our infrastructure and economy. No matter how much we spent over the past several decades, we couldn't even get inflation as high as we wanted, so why not?

This is where the transitory idea came from. They pumped money into an economy that seemed very receptive to it, but they unwittingly passed the threshold. While we were coming out of COVID, the economy hadn't righted itself yet. We were still spending disproportionately on goods instead of services. And unlike services, goods relied on the supply chain. So now we have more money coming in for goods into a supply chain that is broken, China has a new COVID outbreak and shuts down major cities, the supply chain hasn't fixed itself yet, and then the war in Ukraine starts. What, to some, seemed like a transitory problem quickly became recognized as a real problem. Janet Yellen recently owned up to this, saying she was wrong.

2. Crime

There has recently been a recognition that our rate of incarceration is abhorrent. We have, I believe, the highest rate of incarceration in the world. Unless you think that Americans are inherently criminals (which I do not), that would seem at odds with our view of American greatness and freedom. There has been really good work on how to intervene to prevent crime and arrests in different cities that show real progress. The CAHOOTS program in Oregon routed certain types of calls to social workers instead of police for certain calls and it's been a success.

Generally, what you see are different attempts at trying to weigh the reactions to certain crimes. Is it justified to end someone's life over a property crime? At what point does chasing a criminal actually pose more risk to the public than letting them go for the moment?

If a kid does something stupid like shoplifting a couple of things, do they need to enter the judicial system and all that entails, or could they be diverted in a way that reduces the chances of future incarceration?

Police are inherently reactionary and not proactive. So there is a movement for earlier intervention to prevent the need for police in certain situations. Unfortunately, some people who may be more well read on policy and study than the average American decided that "defund the police" was the right slogan for this. They focus on the end result instead of spending more time on root causes. Obviously, most people who spend most of their focus on their family and their career, would be absolutely befuddled by that idea. And it certainly doesn't help that these sorts of changes would take a generation to show a return and in the meantime their advocates would be (rightly) ridiculed.

This anti-cop attitude, in combination with instances of awful actions by some police, has driven a big divide about cops that should not exist. Ideally, we would establish many of the reforms that reduce violence and make things easier for cops, but do so in a way that doesn't create an "Us vs. Them" mentality between the cops and the public. But the slogans matter to a very vocal minority, which throws a wrench in real, meaningful reform.

3. Democratic Leadership

I don't think I've ever seen an organization so starved of leadership than the modern Democratic Party. I spent most of my life dismissing the Dems and supporting the GOP. During the late Bush years and then the Obama administration, I was a proponent of serious GOP reform (i.e. I did not understand why a small government party would have a problem with gays being married). But I finally left the party during the Trump administration, realizing that the party I wanted to be a part of would never exist.

I use that as a preface to say that joining the Democratic Party SUCKS. They spend most of their time infighting and blaming each other for everything and very little time on how to get power and then do something with it. Every Democrat I know wishes we had a version of Mitch McConnell: a ruthless leader who keeps everyone in line and drives the party towards power.

Instead, we have senate leader Chuck Schumer, who spent months publicly feuding with Joe Manchin before it was revealed he was sitting on Manchin's list of requirements. I've never been a big Nancy Pelosi fan, but I recognize her skill during the Obama administration in navigation legislation. But why in the world is an 82 year old leading the party?

Unlike the GOP, which has a decent crop of younger politicians, the Dems set their rank almost solely on seniority. Which is why they are far older, and act as a gerontocracy that is totally unable to meet the moment. I have a hard time in believing theories that there is some grand plan they are pushing because they lost to a failed businessman in 2016 and continue to get destroyed in elections across the country. They are completely incompetent and not up to the moment.

4. Blitz

I haven't been on the board very long, but I have yet to see Blitz post anything that even closely approximates a rational thought, so going forward, dismissing their posts is generally a good idea.

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1