Jump to content

Bills minicamp Day 1 &2 observations: James Cook flashes in pass game


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

So it's still Haack doing all of the holding so far on field goals?

joel mchale pitchfork GIF by NETFLIX

 

So far. Speculation from Cover 1 is that they will alternate days holding in practice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:


I think we go with the same mindset as last year when we kept 7. As much as I like McKenzie, Austin is a better punt returner. I’m the even that we only keep 7, that would likely mean a cut between McKenzie, Crowder,’and Shakir. Because I’m not sure either of those guys can play ST as well as Kumerow, but maybe I’m wrong. Those 3 WRs are just to good to cut. Which is why I think we roll with 7. 

Crowder isn't getting cut. He is a top 3 WR on the team. Shakir isn't getting cut. They just drafted him. I would be surprised if they cut Kumerow because he is an important special teamer.

 

So if we keep only 6 that means McKenzie or Austin are gone, and I bet they keep Austin in that scenario, but if they keep 7 I expect both of them to make it.

 

But we'll see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Buffalo Bills minicamp Day 2 observations: Kaiir Elam picks off Josh Allen
 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2022/06/buffalo-bills-minicamp-day-2-observations-kaiir-elam-picks-off-josh-allen.html
 

Quote

Orchard Park, N.Y. — The Buffalo Billswrapped up this year’s minicamp on Wednesday with their final practice of the offseason program after coach Sean McDermott cancelled the final day Thursday.

 

Quote

1. Kaiir Elam comes down with first interception

Elam went up against Diggs a few times during practice but on this play he found himself locked up with Jamison Crowder. Allen went back to pass and thought Crowder was going to run down the left sideline, but the slot receiver stopped. Elam immediately recognized the miscommunication and sprinted toward the ball and came down with the interception and got both feet inbounds as he tumbled to the ground. Elam looks more comfortable on the field every day we’ve seen him during the spring. On the play, the rookie cornerback was getting 

 

Quote

3   Micah Hyde in midseason form

The Bills defensive line was a bit more active in today’s practice. With the pressure ratcheted up a bit, the secondary seemed to feed off the energy. On one play in particular, Allen keyed in on a streaking McKenzie down the middle of the field. Hyde quickly plastered over to McKenzie and just absolutely draped himself on the slot receiver. Hyde ran stride for stride with McKenzie down the field and made it impossible for him to make a play on the ball. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • SlimShady'sSpaceForce changed the title to Bills minicamp Day 1 &2 observations: James Cook flashes in pass game
9 minutes ago, MJS said:

Crowder isn't getting cut. He is a top 3 WR on the team. Shakir isn't getting cut. They just drafted him. I would be surprised if they cut Kumerow because he is an important special teamer.

 

So if we keep only 6 that means McKenzie or Austin are gone, and I bet they keep Austin in that scenario, but if they keep 7 I expect both of them to make it.

 

But we'll see.

Shakir isn't getting cut, I agree definitely. Depending what happens, he possibly could be put on PS though. I think McKenzie makes it for sure. I'd be really surprised if he doesn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Shakir isn't getting cut, I agree definitely. Depending what happens, he possibly could be put on PS though. I think McKenzie makes it for sure. I'd be really surprised if he doesn't.

He has to get cut to be put on the practice squad. Another team would sign him for sure.

  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, eball said:

 

Oh geez...I'm also thirsting for as much Bills news as possible, but when you start quoting "stats" with guys wearing helmets and shorts I really have to draw the line.

Would you prefer reports he's dropped everything in his vicinity?😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Saving this one for posterity.  Reports say differently. 

Yup, ole Scottlaw is all about what sucks, who doesn’t have a chance to make the team, and who should be cut, he is awesome at weddings and funerals to boot…,

  • Haha (+1) 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Sal Capaccio said the first day of rookie Minichamps that you can see a clear difference in James Cook than our other RBs

That sound great!

12 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Austin will be lucky to make the roster…

I'm hoping here plays well and can.make a small difference. However, I think you are right. He's a slingshot to make the team.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Yup, ole Scottlaw is all about what sucks, who doesn’t have a chance to make the team, and who should be cut, he is awesome at weddings and funerals to boot…,

The dudes a scrub… I’ll be somewhat surprised(and alarmed) if he makes the roster…. 

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:


I think we go with the same mindset as last year when we kept 7. As much as I like McKenzie, Austin is a better punt returner. I’m the even that we only keep 7, that would likely mean a cut between McKenzie, Crowder,’and Shakir. Because I’m not sure either of those guys can play ST as well as Kumerow, but maybe I’m wrong. Those 3 WRs are just to good to cut. Which is why I think we roll with 7. 

Last year when they immediately stashed Stevenson in IR effectively only having 6 WR for opening day and the rest of the year?  So you think they’ll stash someone on IR?  I do think this is the year to keep 7 but it’s disingenuous to say they kept 7 last year. 

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Oh I thought they could protect a couple players or something like that?

You can only protect players once they make it onto your PS. So he would have to be cut and not picked up by other teams. Then I think he can still be picked up by other teams as PS protection seemed to be a COVID thing. I wouldn’t guarantee he gets picked up by another team but I don’t want to risk it. I don’t think McBeane does either considering they traded up to get him. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Oh I thought they could protect a couple players or something like that?

They have to clear waivers before they can be added to the practice squad. Another team could claim him.

1 hour ago, YattaOkasan said:

You can only protect players once they make it onto your PS. So he would have to be cut and not picked up by other teams. Then I think he can still be picked up by other teams as PS protection seemed to be a COVID thing. I wouldn’t guarantee he gets picked up by another team but I don’t want to risk it. I don’t think McBeane does either considering they traded up to get him. 

Not only did he trade up for him, apparently he got a lot of texts from other GM's who wanted him.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Kwai San said:

 

Dude you can NOT be serious with quote?!?!?!?  They NEED a returner...it isn't overrated and the coaching staff is more than aware they NEED a returner.  Step away from the crack man....it ain't a good look on you.

 

No, thats his normal look , Debbie Downer

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Shakir isn't getting cut, I agree definitely. Depending what happens, he possibly could be put on PS though. I think McKenzie makes it for sure. I'd be really surprised if he doesn't.

Beane supposedly got several calls from other GM’s who were pissed when he drafted Shakir. No way they can sneak him onto the PS. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...