Bills minicamp Day 1 &2 observations: James Cook flashes in pass game

19 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Shakir isn't getting cut, I agree definitely. Depending what happens, he possibly could be put on PS though. I think McKenzie makes it for sure. I'd be really surprised if he doesn't.

would be gone in a second

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Why wouldnt he be scooped up for special teams?  not that he would get a big contract but hes an above average gunner.  i would think that gets picked up.

At that late a date (meaning end of pre-season)?  Doubtful.

I’m convinced we will have an even more dynamic offense this year.  Our running game will be more diverse on the outside with Cook, and Singletary continuing on the inside.  It would be nice to see a step forward with Miss as I had high hopes for him.  

The line seems more cemented for starters, and Shakir will get on the field after the first 6 games.  You know McD is slow to start many rookies.

IDC if some don’t want to believe we had the #1 defense last year, but we seriously upgraded our D Line.  LB consistency, and once we know Tre is back in September, we’re going to be better.

I prefer to think positively vs. someone on the Board who thinks I’m the one guy there were problems.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, MJS said:

They have to clear waivers before they can be added to the practice squad. Another team could claim him.

Not only did he trade up for him, apparently he got a lot of texts from other GM's who wanted him.

If a player is being put on IR and does not believe he should be on it he can bring documentation from another doctor and get a hearing with NFL.

1 hour ago, YattaOkasan said:

Chad Hall and flipping cause hes the most energetic coach i have ever seen.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Anyone know why this guy is “Flipping” out?

or 

Anyone know why this guy is?!

PS Chad Hall is definitely a rising star in the coaching ranks 

His enthusiasm and way he connects with players is on another level 

Also a service academy graduate!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

If a player is being put on IR and does not believe he should be on it he can bring documentation from another doctor and get a hearing with NFL.

And what does that have to do with clearing waivers and getting put on the practice squad?

52 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Somehow I imagine Mr Law being dissatisfied with a SB Victory 

why is that?

BTW Kumerow is back

He wouldn’t be dissatisfied.  He’d be crying tears of joy as he relentlessly bashes the rest of us for celebrating.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Its a way to stash a rookie without them getting picked up by another team.

Stevenson last year.  I think Hodgins was the year before that.

Shakir is going to play an important part of the rock/paper/scissors game on offense, even as a rookie. 

Check out this analysis of Shakir. I didn’t realize he could do some work from the backfield. With him and Cook (plus the other weapons), our offense will be very hard to stop, because we will have counter moves all over, plus we have guys who can win 1v1 as it is. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/15/2022 at 4:52 PM, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Shakir isn't getting cut, I agree definitely. Depending what happens, he possibly could be put on PS though. I think McKenzie makes it for sure. I'd be really surprised if he doesn't.

Shakir would be snagged off of the practice squad. That’s not an option if we want to keep him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.