Let’s take a moment to honor the sacrifice of our brave schoolchildren who lay down their lives to protect our right to bear arms

• 716er changed the title to Let’s take a moment to honor the sacrifice of our brave schoolchildren who lay down their lives to protect our right to bear arms

And I assume you’ll also start a thread entitled:

Let’s take a moment to honor the sacrifice of our millions of babies who lay down their lives for your right to kill them while they lay sleeping in the womb. 

716…is this REALLY necessary? 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

People making this a political statement are sick. It’s like they love when this happens so they can say “see, look at this problem.” But then ignore every other thing going wrong in this country. And then to act like ANYONE thinks it’s ok to kill anyone is ridiculous. 

Here’s the reality. CRIMINALS don’t care what the gun laws are. The same way drug addicts don’t care what the drug laws are. Do these laws make it harder for CRIMINALS to get their hands on what they want? I have my doubts. Doesn’t seem too difficult to find heroin if that’s what you’re looking for. In the same way, a murderer will murder no matter what the law says. 

This is so stupid and ridiculous that anyone wants to talk right/left and act like either side has ever gotten it perfect. 

• Like (+1) 5

And this guy for the most vile, classless and inhuman post in ppp history, sarcastically celebrating dead elementary school kids. 

We can all see your disgusting smirk as you wordsmith the headline for better effect. 

you are symbolic of everything wrong in the world left right and center. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 hours ago, billsfan5121 said:

People making this a political statement are sick. It’s like they love when this happens so they can say “see, look at this problem.” But then ignore every other thing going wrong in this country. And then to act like ANYONE thinks it’s ok to kill anyone is ridiculous. 

Here’s the reality. CRIMINALS don’t care what the gun laws are. The same way drug addicts don’t care what the drug laws are. Do these laws make it harder for CRIMINALS to get their hands on what they want? I have my doubts. Doesn’t seem too difficult to find heroin if that’s what you’re looking for. In the same way, a murderer will murder no matter what the law says. 

This is so stupid and ridiculous that anyone wants to talk right/left and act like either side has ever gotten it perfect. 

So tell me why in Europe shootings and mass shootings are so rare.

More kids are killed by pit bull attacks than via school shootings. 

Let's take a moment to honor the sacrifice of our brave children who lay down their lives to protect our right to own a breed of dog you think is cool but in reality is a killing machine that is also trashy.

At least guns look cool.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LeviF said:

More kids are killed by pit bull attacks than via school shootings. 

Let's take a moment to honor the sacrifice of our brave children who lay down their lives to protect our right to own a breed of dog you think is cool but in reality is a killing machine that is also trashy.

At least guns look cool.

No, guns are leading cause of death of children 

At least that's what I've been seeing lately. I did not know that 

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/texas-shooting-highlights-guns-leading-death-us-kids/story?id=84965682

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Yup, cut it down. 

But guns are the leading cause of death of American children. That's crazy 

Yeah an incredible spike in 2020. 

1 hour ago, PaoloBillsFanFromItaly said:

So tell me why in Europe shootings and mass shootings are so rare.

Location Year Deaths
Loughinisland, Northern Ireland 1994 6 (shooting)
Dunblane (Scotland) School 1996 18 (shooting)
Omagh, Northern Ireland 1998 29 (shooting)
Utøya island, Norway 2011 69 (shooting)
Paris 2015 130 (shooting/explosives)
Nice, France 2016 87 (truck)
W National Park, Benin 2022 8 (explosives)

Small list I just posted... go worldwide, it's a huge list. That includes school stabbings in Japan. Evil finds away. 

16 minutes ago, LeviF said:

The topic was school shootings so I stuck to that. 

Yes,  its an important distinction,  because the article cited includes those up to age 19.  The vast majority are in the 15-19 age range,  which is where gang related violence and other serious criminal activity also tends to be a major factor.