LA Chargers GM breaks down scenes from Draft Day movie

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

He watched the movie like I watch the medical dramas my wife watches, looking at things in the background and saying "oh, that would never happen in real life." 

Yeah it really broke the immersion for me when Telesco used defibrillators on someone whose heart was already stopped.  Everyone knows defibs are for shocking an irregular heartbeat back into rhythm, not restart a stopped one.

26 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

He watched the movie like I watch the medical dramas my wife watches, looking at things in the background and saying "oh, that would never happen in real life." 

I thought them drafting a RB in the first round was the most egregious plot line.

45 minutes ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

Never watched it but definitely pure fiction if the Browns had a good draft. 

Definitely would have watched it if they had made Buffalo the main character team though which under Brandon would have been just as much pure fiction.

Originally Buffalo was supposed to be the main character team. I believe they opted against it because it would have made us look foolish based on the storyline. I don’t remember exactly. But it was talked about when the movie came out. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

Definitely would have watched it if they had made Buffalo the main character team though which under Brandon would have been just as much pure fiction.

Brandon as an actual NFL GM was always pure fiction.

• Haha (+1) 3

7 hours ago, mrags said:

Originally Buffalo was supposed to be the main character team. I believe they opted against it because it would have made us look foolish based on the storyline. I don’t remember exactly. But it was talked about when the movie came out. 

I believe in one of the trailers, they actually still had a shot of the ralph as the stadium lol

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

I believe in one of the trailers, they actually still had a shot of the ralph as the stadium lol

Well, the Ralph did have a small part in the movie so that might be why. Costner contacted Russ Brandon about a trade. It was about 30 seconds of Bills game in that movie. Brandon looked like a tool. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

Well, the Ralph did have a small part in the movie so that might be why. Costner contacted Russ Brandon about a trade. It was about 30 seconds of Bills game in that movie. Brandon looked like a tool. 

Ah never watched it so wouldnt know, thanks for the info 🍻

7 hours ago, mrags said:

I believe NY didn't offer them the tax incentives that Ohio did, so they changed the team.
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/6/4070486/nfl-draft-movie-kevin-costner-bills-browns

Edited by DasNootz

1 hour ago, DasNootz said:

I believe NY didn't offer them the tax incentives that Ohio did, so they changed the team.
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/6/4070486/nfl-draft-movie-kevin-costner-bills-browns

Recent movies being shot in Buffalo seem to suggest this is incorrect. There’s been more shot in Buffalo in previous years tho point to Buffalo actually spending some tax incentives to do it. I just think it looked bad for us and that’s why they nixxed it. Just my opinion. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.