Pounding the table for Christian Watson at 25

Vickveto

3 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

I really like Watson as an upside prospect...Especially with this team...I think it's a fair bet he'll have the best opportunity to reach his potential in Buffalo...

That being said, to even get to the Watson question in the 1st, I think the following have to be gone at CB and WR...CB's Booth, Gardner, and Stingley...WR's Williams, Olave, and Wilson...

Then it's down to Watson or CB's McDuffie and Elam, WR's Dotson and Burks...In that situation I would probably lean towards Watson...But I'm higher on him than most (again I think Buffalo is his dream landing spot). But it's a gamble...I think he's more of a 2nd round guy if you're being safe...I also think George Pickens is every bit the prospect as any of the five 2nd tier players, including Watson, I just mentioned. B-)

I’d much rather gamble on Watson than Jameson Williams’s surgically repaired knee.

4 hours ago, mannc said:

I’d much rather gamble on Watson than Jameson Williams’s surgically repaired knee.

You won’t have to gamble Jameson Williams will be goooooone before our pick 

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

If you’ve paid attention to McBeanes first round drafting they always prioritize their defense over offense… I’ll believe otherwise until they prove it.

For now, I’d bet they go CB or a surprise defensive position like safety or LB over WR…

Bolded is nonsense Scott. The sample size is too small to draw any conclusions. Beane wasn't here in 2017, but even if I give you 2017 its still 4 defense 2 offense and all the picks made total sense (i.e. it wasn't "prirotizing defense").

2017 White was apparently BPA or very close to it and in hindsight its either him or TJ Watt (i.e. no offensive player).

2018 was Allen and Edmunds.

2019 was Oliver and there was no realistic offensive option (I don't count Metcalf, guy went in 60s).

2020 Diggs.

2021 Rousseau, clearly among BPsA and I don't think there were realistic offensive options. ANd there were strong rumours that Bills wanted RB (both were drafted ahead of us).

You can't make any conclusions from 6 picks, even if you do 4/2 is not "always" and to me its pretty obvious that there is no pattern. 

And I am also pretty sure that we will draft a lot of offense high this year (I really think they want 1st round WR, but we don't know how the board falls).

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Putin said:

You won’t have to gamble Jameson Williams will be goooooone before our pick 

I think there's a 50/50 shot he's there when we draft.  

A bunch of recent mocks have him going to us, or around us.  

I personally think it may take a trade up into the late teens to get him, but he could slide because teams will think long and hard about the fact he may miss a handful of games.  Most teams with Top 20 picks don't have the luxury to simply absorb using a RD1 pick on a guy who may not be ready to play until after the first quarter of the season. 

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

If you’ve paid attention to McBeanes first round drafting they always prioritize their defense over offense… I’ll believe otherwise until they prove it.

For now, I’d bet they go CB or a surprise defensive position like safety or LB over WR…

Our first picks under Beane.  Allen, Oliver, Diggs, Rousseau.  

you wouldn’t happen to be exaggerating would you?  Nooooooo, not you!?!?

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think there's a 50/50 shot he's there when we draft.  

A bunch of recent mocks have him going to us, or around us.  

I personally think it may take a trade up into the late teens to get him, but he could slide because teams will think long and hard about the fact he may miss a handful of games.  Most teams with Top 20 picks don't have the luxury to simply absorb using a RD1 pick on a guy who may not be ready to play until after the first quarter of the season. 

I honestly think he’s gone by pick 18 or so. I don’t think many of the top WRs will be available. The Falcons at 8, Jets at 10, Commanders at 11, Texans at 13 then the gauntlet of Eagles, Saints, Patriots, Packers, Cowboys before us. We want one of Wilson, Olave, London, Williams we prob need to move up. 

11 hours ago, Vickveto said:

Unless we’re getting Williams or burk at 25 why would we let him pass us? 

There are a number of reasons. We could go cb, or another position. Or we could even take another wr. Who knows who the Bills value the most. 

I’m not saying I’m against Watson. I’d love a wr like him added to our team. I’m just pointing out it’s not like we have a couple options. 

With the Digg’s new contract, I could see the Bills valuing a wr who has major slot potential. I know Williams does, but does Watson also have slot potential? 

The draft can’t come soon enough. I can’t wait to see who is added to our team. 

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Our first picks under Beane.  Allen, Oliver, Diggs, Rousseau.  

you wouldn’t happen to be exaggerating would you?  Nooooooo, not you!?!?

To be fair, he said first round, so you have to add Edmonds too 😆 Either way, Beane values talent and not necessarily defense or offense. 

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Bolded is nonsense Scott. The sample size is too small to draw any conclusions. Beane wasn't here in 2017, but even if I give you 2017 its still 4 defense 2 offense and all the picks made total sense (i.e. it wasn't "prirotizing defense").

2017 White was apparently BPA or very close to it and in hindsight its either him or TJ Watt (i.e. no offensive player).

2018 was Allen and Edmunds.

2019 was Oliver and there was no realistic offensive option (I don't count Metcalf, guy went in 60s).

2020 Diggs.

2021 Rousseau, clearly among BPsA and I don't think there were realistic offensive options. ANd there were strong rumours that Bills wanted RB (both were drafted ahead of us).

You can't make any conclusions from 6 picks, even if you do 4/2 is not "always" and to me its pretty obvious that there is no pattern. 

And I am also pretty sure that we will draft a lot of offense high this year (I really think they want 1st round WR, but we don't know how the board falls).

Williams is looking like a nice option if we are able to snag him. Him, Diggs, and Davis would be very hard to handle (especially when throwing Knox into the equation). 

I’m very curious to see what we do at cb before the draft. They have to sign someone, even if it’s just a depth signing. A BPA approach at 25 has the chance of landing us a very good player regardless of position. 

Whatever we do, I just want to see a pick who contributes to us winning the Super Bowl this season 😉 however that contribution is. 

20 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

There are a number of reasons. We could go cb, or another position. Or we could even take another wr. Who knows who the Bills value the most. 

I’m not saying I’m against Watson. I’d love a wr like him added to our team. I’m just pointing out it’s not like we have a couple options. 

With the Digg’s new contract, I could see the Bills valuing a wr who has major slot potential. I know Williams does, but does Watson also have slot potential? 

The draft can’t come soon enough. I can’t wait to see who is added to our team. 

To be fair, he said first round, so you have to add Edmonds too 😆 Either way, Beane values talent and not necessarily defense or offense. 

True.  There are a couple ways to look at it.  Maybe I was being unfair to Scott.  I saw it like this:  he didn’t prioritize defense over offense in the first rd in that draft.  He prioritized offense over defense. 

• Agree 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Well, their biggest priorities the past two off seasons has been their defensive line allocating a ***** ton of cap to it and their rotation while patching holes or maintaining status quo offensively with cap left over…

I think this draft will be telling. They need more at wide out and one the offensive line…. Will be disappointing to see them go too heavy on the defense yet again. 

That’s not what you said Scott…..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

I also think George Pickens is every bit the prospect as any of the five 2nd tier players, including Watson, I just mentioned. B-)

I just don’t see it with Pickens to be worth a first round pick. He is very good at a lot of things but I just don’t think he has a elite attribute.

spead: no             (Williams, Watson). Tyreek Hill DK Metcalf

Yac/rac: no           (Burk)

Debo Samuels 

route running no  (Olave)

Devonte Adams  Stephan Diggs

catch radius no    (?)

DeAndre Hopkins

in order to be an elite receiver You need to be elite in at least one of these four categories which one is he going to be? 

Edited by Vickveto

2 minutes ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

I think a large amount of the board is in agreement that pending how the draft falls - Christian Watson for our second round pick would be great - I would also like to say, if not him, i'd be down for Alex Pierce as an equal.

Watson will be long gone at 57…might not make it to 25.  I don’t think Pierce makes it to 57, either.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.