Pounding the table for Christian Watson at 25

Vickveto

1 minute ago, Putin said:

Sorry not at 25 but I wouldn’t mind trading up in the second round for him if we take a CB in round one 

If he turn into the next Moss, Claypool, Metcalf, there is nothing even a very good corner can do about it 1v1.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

There's a lot to like, physically. It's fair to wonder though, why he didn't absolutely dominate in lower division CFB. That's what's keeping me from getting fully onboard. NFL draft history is littered with tons of height/weight/speed freaks who couldn't play WR.

At 25 he'd be a pass for me. Moving down (or up from our 2) and he'd be more interesting...

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

None of the higher rated WRs were at the Senior Bowl, so “best WR at the Senior Bowl” is nice, but doesn’t necessarily mean that he is a first round pick.

Don’t get me wrong, I like what I have seen of him, he is a great athlete beyond just his 40 time and he has outstanding size, but drops and level of competition leave me wondering.  Mid-2nd?  Sure.  Pick 25 with screaming need at corner, I would think risk and opportunity cost too high.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

There's a lot to like, physically. It's fair to wonder though, why he didn't absolutely dominate in lower division CFB. That's what's keeping me from getting fully onboard. NFL draft history is littered with tons of height/weight/speed freaks who couldn't play WR.

At 25 he'd be a pass for me. Moving down (or up from our 2) and he'd be more interesting...

He was the best wide receiver at the senior bowl. He is more than height/weight/speed

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Vickveto said:

He was the best wide receiver at the senior bowl. He is more than height/weight/speed

That's great. He's a 5th year college player who -- IN A LOWER DIVISION -- never averaged more than 3 1/2 recs a game in any of his seasons. The Sr. Bowl is a handful of games where he was one of the oldest players there. His 5 year career in college, again, in a lower division, shouldn't be ignored...

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Little Dog said:

At 25? Only if he cover wide receivers .  2nd round… I’m in 

Everybody wants him in the second round. That means his value is going to go up he will not make it out of the first round he might not even make it till 25.

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.