What non-QB has the highest trade value in the NFL?

FireChans

As we continue to bear the doldrums of NFL FA, I thought this would be a fun little debate. QB’s eliminated because their trade value is STAGGERINGLY high. 

So, topic title. What player currently in the NFL, currently under their existing contract, would go for the most in a “we are shopping X” type bidding war?

I think there may be one clear answer. And my pick is Justin Jefferson. Superstar? Check. Affordable contract for 3 years? Check. Young with potential? Check.

I’m sure the AD’s of the world will get tossed around, but he’s older and with a big fat contract. I think JJ is potentially in the most valuable NFL player currently.

At first, I was thinking that the question was simply "who is the most valuable non-QB" in the league, thus commanding the most in a trade.  I would go with Aaron Donald.  Factoring in the value of contracts, the benefits of a rookie deal with years remaining, I'd agree with the post that says Michah Parsons.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

he hasn't done it twice yet..

He's a better prospect.  Started over JJ in college (#1 vs. #2).  5th pick of the draft (vs. 22nd for JJ). 13 TDs as a rookie (JJ had 7 and 10 respectively in his two seasons). 18.0 ypc.  Elevated his offense/team to playoffs and SB in first season.  Extra year on his cheap rookie deal.  And I don't see him backsliding.  If anything, I expect him to put up MONSTER numbers next year.  No brainer for me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

He's a better prospect.  Started over JJ in college (#1 vs. #2).  5th pick of the draft (vs. 22nd for JJ). 13 TDs as a rookie (JJ had 7 and 10 respectively in his two seasons). 18.0 ypc.  Elevated his offense/team to playoffs and SB in first season.  Extra year on his cheap rookie deal.  And I don't see him backsliding.  If anything, I expect him to put up MONSTER numbers next year.  No brainer for me.

Kirk Cousins vs Joe Burrow?

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

See below.  No one cares who started over who in college (OSU started JT Barrett and Dwayne Haskins Joey Balls)  or where they were drafted (not sure what point you're making there).  JJ averaging 1500+ for first 2 years.  No player in history has done that.  

Chase put up monster numbers this past season by any measure.  Not sure what you would consider "monster" for nest year.

Obviously neither is a poor choice...

24 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Kirk Cousins vs Joe Burrow?

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Young has supremely underplayed

The point was really just to say that a young player at a premium position could/should fetch more than an older established high $ player in trade return.  Young just came to mind.  I think QB>DE>WR>LT>CB>all else in trade return.  QB is off the table in this thread so I picked a young DE literally and figuratively.  

FWIW I don’t think a strong rookie year and an injury in year 2 qualifies as supremely underplaying and personally I think teams would cough up a lot for Young but that point is secondary.  Nick Bosa if you prefer.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.