Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

7 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

How did it work out for KC when in a similar situation they took CEH? Did it make them a better team? Nope. And Hall is no Helaire.

If they take a RB or trade out of the 1st I'm going to be super bummed. If anything I'd like to see them trade up and get a starter. How many roster spots do you think we have for any rookies past the 4th round? Trade all of those picks and get to like 15-20 and get a CB2!

This is comical. Hall is definitely better than CEH. In just about every way, shape, form. 

but the funny thing is, the year they had CEH healthy and actually contributing, they won a SB. How’s that wrench in your argument? 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

How did it work out for KC when in a similar situation they took CEH? Did it make them a better team? Nope. And Hall is no Helaire

No, Hall is better than CEH. CEH was able to do the things at LSU because he had 1st rd picks like Jefferson, Burrow, Chase on roster. Breece didn't have those luxuries the duration of his time in Ames and still produced. CEH was doing well before his injury at KC. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

This is comical. Hall is definitely better than CEH. In just about every way, shape, form. 

but the funny thing is, the year they had CEH healthy and actually contributing, they won a SB. How’s that wrench in your argument? 

*If* they are healthy. Sounds like every team who spent a 1st round pick on a RB in recent memory (Barkley, McCaffrey, CEH, Etienne, etc). Maybe someone who doesn't play a lot shouldn't be a 1st round pick?

Edited by KDIGGZ

10 minutes ago, mrags said:

Are you sure about that?

I am pretty sure they won the SuperBowl in 2019 with a UDFA - Williams as their leading rusher.

They tried to upgrade that in the 2020 draft with CEH and although he lead the team in rushing - they lost.  

The next year he again missed time and they didn’t make the Super Bowl.  They have taken steps back each year after drafting him.

I think the wrench is in your argument.  The best the Chiefs have played is with a UDFA as their primary back.  

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

*If* they are healthy. Sounds like every team who spent a 1st round pick on a RB in recent memory (Barkley, McCaffrey, CEH, Etienne, etc). Maybe someone who doesn't play a lot shouldn't be a 1st round pick?

Maybe we should draft a punter in the first round because they never get hurt then. 

Our backs are good enough if Dorsey makes running the ball more an element of the offense. With the emerging O-line with Bates , Brown, Saffold enhancing production, Devin, Johnson and Moss will be fine. The pick should be a trade up into the teens to bring in either Hamilton or an elite receiver who slips(Williams.Olave or Moore)

12 minutes ago, mrags said:

Lol. Sure about that?

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Are you sure about that?

I am pretty sure they won the SuperBowl in 2019 with a UDFA - Williams as their leading rusher.

They tried to upgrade that in the 2020 draft if CEH and although he lead the team in rushing - they lost.  

The next year he again missed time and they didn’t make the Super Bowl.  They have taken steps back each year after drafting him.

I think the wrench is in your argument.  The best the Chiefs have played is with a UDFA as their primary back.  

Well, you kinda made me look foolish but at the same time proved a point. In the Super Bowl the Chiefs won, they had Williams who rushed for over a hundred yards. A TD, a 6.1 yard average. Caught 4 passes for another 29 yards and another TD. All whine Mahomes only threw for a very low total (for him) of 286 yards. 

so your point about CEH is true. However it emphasizes the importance of a good RB that can be counted on in your offense. 

when they lost to the Buccs, CEH was limited to 64 yards. So the fact must be there that having a 100 yard RB is incredibly important to winning a SB. In that argument, Singletary will never get us there because he had like 2 his entire career. 

9 minutes ago, mrags said:

I remember in his rookie year when Buffalo played KC the game plan to victory could be summed up as "keep the receivers contained and force kc to beat us on the ground" 

CEH ran to the tune of like 160yrds that day lol. 

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Or a CB or OL because they are on the field every play?

Until one of them gets hurt. Because everyone gets hurt right. So maybe we should just exclude ourselves from the draft process altogether because eventually all these guys are gonna get hurt anyway. Or want big contracts when they get good 

8 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

Our backs are good enough if Dorsey makes running the ball more an element of the offense. With the emerging O-line with Bates , Brown, Saffold enhancing production, Devin, Johnson and Moss will be fine. The pick should be a trade up into the teens to bring in either Hamilton or an elite receiver who slips(Williams.Olave or Moore)

I like Moore also, but I have hardly  seen a mock having him go in the first

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

Not sure if it's been brought up here, but other than being a talented back who can run and catch, is Hall a culture fit for the Buffalo Bills?

I get the impression from the way the Bills have operated under Beane that building team chemistry and having the right personalities is just as important as raw talent.

I don't know anything about Hall.  Have never seen/heard an interview or anything to give me a sense of who he is as a person.

When I think historically notorious offenses I think of 'triplets'.  

Smith, Aikman, Irvin. 

Thomas, Kelly, Reed. 

Rice, Montana, Craig.

Bradshaw, Harris, Swan

etc.

I see Singletary as more of what Kenny Davis was to Thurman.  A serviceable and dependable backup who can spell the feature guy.

Could Hall become the third triplet to round out the offense? 

It’s a different era. Though a good thought. I’m not sure that “trio” is required today. That 3rd piece is more likely to be another high end WR or stud TE.

(and I’d replace swan with stallworth)

Just now, mrags said:

Until one of them gets hurt. Because everyone gets hurt right. So maybe we should just exclude ourselves from the draft process altogether because eventually all these guys are gonna get hurt anyway. Or want big contracts when they get good 

No, RB do more than any other position because they take hits and get bent up weird etc. How many 30 yr old RBs are in the league vs any other position? It's just not a position of value. After QB it goes DE, WR, OL, CB. The RB position is the worst position of value for a 1st round pick

3 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

It’s a different era. Though a good thought. I’m not sure that “trio” is required today. That 3rd piece is more likely to be another high end WR or stud TE.

(and I’d replace swan with stallworth)

Right. I meant to say Stallworth.

• Like (+1) 1