How much did you pay for gas and groceries today?

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

We're not even close to the worst of this

When employment starts to crater - for real this time not because we shutdown the world for a flu that's now.....gone?

Early death if they ate all that much in one meal.  Also, rookie mistake ordering two orders of fries from five guys when one easily feeds two.

• Like (+1) 1

Oil prices slide on Beijing Covid warning, inflation concerns

Oil dropped Monday as a flare-up in Covid-19 cases in Beijing dented hopes of a Chinese demand rebound, while worries about more interest rate hikes to control rampant inflation added further pressure.

Beijing’s most populous district Chaoyang announced three rounds of mass testing to quell a “ferocious” Covid-19 outbreak that emerged last week. Mass testing would take place until Wednesday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/13/oil-markets-covid-in-china-inflation.html

Where to post here or covid  thread  🤔

Dow down 20% since January officially a Bear Market

U.S. stocks opened in bear market territory on Monday, a 20 percent decline from their peak in January, a sign of growing pessimism about the outlook for the economy.

Markets around the world tumbled, as higher-than-expected inflation and lower-than-expected economic growth upend the outlook for interest rates and corporate profits. Stocks in Asia and Europe fell, investors dumped government bonds, oil prices slipped and cryptocurrencies crashed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/13/business/stocks-bonds-crypto.html?smid=url-share

I can't wait for the continuation of the January 6th hearings.  

Are we going to call any witnesses that believed the government's actions of 2020 were in itself a coup and would lead to a complete global economic meltdown, devastating lives and their kids lives?  

No? 

Well man.  Good thing no more mean Tweets.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Dow down 20% since January officially a Bear Market

U.S. stocks opened in bear market territory on Monday, a 20 percent decline from their peak in January, a sign of growing pessimism about the outlook for the economy.

Markets around the world tumbled, as higher-than-expected inflation and lower-than-expected economic growth upend the outlook for interest rates and corporate profits. Stocks in Asia and Europe fell, investors dumped government bonds, oil prices slipped and cryptocurrencies crashed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/13/business/stocks-bonds-crypto.html?smid=url-share

I can't wait for the continuation of the January 6th hearings.  

Are we going to call any witnesses that believed the government's actions of 2020 were in itself a coup and would lead to a complete global economic meltdown, devastating lives and their kids lives?  

No? 

Well man.  Good thing no more mean Tweets.

Are we done crushing Putin yet? 

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

13 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

We're not even close to the worst of this

When employment starts to crater - for real this time not because we shutdown the world for a flu that's now.....gone?

Quick addition from the Five Guys “nutritional” information — each meal on this ticket was about 2150 calories. That’s right in line with what’s recommended for a FULL DAY of eating. So 21 bucks to stuff your face for a day. Sounds like a deal to me. 

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

263806.png

Honestly.  Why aren't those doorknobs in DC doing a fraud investigation on who is actually running the country absent a coherent President.  Joke Biden.  What a mess.  

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

You are allowed to care about both and assign blame where it is deserved.  

Larry Summers, a guy I assigned a lot of credibility to in the past regarding economic issues and opinions, stated this yesterday.  On a Sunday in a CNN interview he said, "I think the banana Republicans who are saying that what happened on January 6 was nothing are undermining the basic credibility of our country’s institutions.”  “And that, in turn, feeds through for inflation.   Because if you can’t trust the country’s government, why should you trust its money?”

So inflation is not only Putin's fault its the fault of the "insurrection".  if the situation wasn't so serious it would be just comical.  But given reality its also sad.  An insurrection, I might add, where for the first time in the history of mankind a group of people attempted to overthrow a sitting government, a government with the most powerful military, intelligence and security forces in the history of the world, without any weapons while some of the defenders of the Capitol, the seat of power, opened the doors and welcomed them into the building.  Then after occupying the building without much resistance they suddenly all just left.  WTF kind of an insurrection is it when they just give up and quit for no explicable reason?  I can't comprehend how anyone thinks this event was any risk to the continuation of our form of government or the republic.  But Larry is right about one thing.  We shouldn't trust the government.          

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

On 6/11/2022 at 4:00 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

Actually was just looking at apartments in my area and $2200 gets you a 1 bedroom, if you want the 1200 sq ft 2 bedroom with views of Disney fireworks it is $3800 a month. The 3 bedroom apartments were under $2400 2 years ago.

This is just Landlords trying to survive after the eviction moratoriums ordered by Joke Biden and his dopey buddies.  What a mess.  

More great news in the oil markets.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Libya-Loses-11-Million-Bpd-As-It-Shuts-Down-Nearly-All-Its-Oil-Fields.html

Who was it again that destabilized Libya, deposed and killed Qaddafi, and plunged the country into a lawless mess?  Hint: He's enjoying the good life at a Martha's Vineyard estate purchased for about $20M in an area he and other climate "experts" are predicting will be underwater in a few years because of global warming and rising sea levels.  Why would a smart guy like former President Obama drop $20 million on a piece of real estate that he believes is going to be underwater in a few years unless of course he's lying?   

37 minutes ago, Irv said:

This is just Landlords trying to survive after the eviction moratoriums ordered by Joke Biden and his dopey buddies.  What a mess.  

You mean the eviction moratorium signed into law by TRUMP as part of the CARES act in May 2020? And extended by TRUMP’s CDC in September 2020?

(I’ll grant you subsequent Biden admin extensions, but really - Trump started it and continued it)

47 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You mean the eviction moratorium signed into law by TRUMP as part of the CARES act in May 2020? And extended by TRUMP’s CDC in September 2020?

(I’ll grant you subsequent Biden admin extensions, but really - Trump started it and continued it)

And it was necessary at the time.  Unfortunately, Joke Biden kept giving your money away to deadbeats long after it was necessary.  Nice to see my 401K became a 001K today.  I'll be working until I'm 100.  Sad thing is, it's going to get worse until this ass clown and his buddies are voted out.  Could you imagine how much worse it would be now had it not been for Manchin?  What a mess.  

Edited by Irv

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Dow down 900 points.  

Bear Market confirmed.  

Well done Covidiots.  

Well done!

So I guess the extraordinary market interventions that the political branches and the Federal Reserve took over the last 27 months had nothing to do with the remarkable gains in the market? The gains that are now being washed away by a return to reality?

I should know. I moved a bunch of money out of the markets when COVID hit based on the rational expectation that a pandemic would launch the world into recession.  Government interventions - truly extraordinary ones like propping up the junk bond market that I stupidly didn’t anticipate - delayed that by 2 years, but I missed out on a lot of the run-up. Just like I’m missing out on the thrill of the decline right now. 
TINSTAAFL 

Edited by The Frankish Reich