Jills Lawsuit Settled

T&C

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

Here's a link to the original article, which goes WAY more indepth. This is part of a bankruptcy settlement for Cumulus Media, which by agreement with the Bills, managed the Jills. In the settlement, Cumulus admits no wrong doing (big surprise), yet pays out $4 million. The Bills pay out $3.5 million. 

https://www.insideradio.com/free/cumulus-will-pay-4-million-to-settle-suit-brought-by-former-buffalo-bills-cheerleaders/article_6c67262c-9aba-11ec-9189-a3bffbd32096.html

So, after the lawyers take the bulk of the settlement, I would guess the girls get about "tree fiddy" each.

• Agree 1

I actually feel bad for the team. 

To the extent that cheerleaders can increase a team's value, drive interest in a team, sell calendars, ect...

I'll put it this way the Bills were mediocre and the Jills were winless.

Edited by Pasaluki

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

Here's a link to the original article, which goes WAY more indepth. This is part of a bankruptcy settlement for Cumulus Media, which by agreement with the Bills, managed the Jills. In the settlement, Cumulus admits no wrong doing (big surprise), yet pays out $4 million. The Bills pay out $3.5 million. 

https://www.insideradio.com/free/cumulus-will-pay-4-million-to-settle-suit-brought-by-former-buffalo-bills-cheerleaders/article_6c67262c-9aba-11ec-9189-a3bffbd32096.html

Pays out "a $4 million payment made in the form of Cumulus stock" which is not worth much considering it just came out of bankruptcy and stock will probably drop in price after market reacts to news.  I wonder what class of stock.  Many of the cheerleaders who are eligible may not have keep their address up to date after they left.

It's sad how Cumulus took advantage of these young woman.

But I don't think it's right that the Bills have to pay $3.5 million.   The Jills worked for Cumulus.  It was Cumulus's responsibility to classify and pay them right.  

If I pay a plumbing company to fix my leaky pipes, it's not my fault if the company underpays their employees.  

27 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

It's sad how Cumulus took advantage of these young woman.

But I don't think it's right that the Bills have to pay $3.5 million.   The Jills worked for Cumulus.  It was Cumulus's responsibility to classify and pay them right.  

If I pay a plumbing company to fix my leaky pipes, it's not my fault if the company underpays their employees.  

Jills never worked for Cumulus; they worked for Citadel Broadcasting which they acquired after bankruptcy and delisting from stock exchange.

The relationship is more like US Government and Contractors.   A contractor cannot let someone go because the person is scheduled to have surgery and will not be unavailable. The contractor talks to government liaison and tell that they will not be able to support because employee is unavailable and time to screen and clear new one will take a period of time but if job requirement is changed they could substitute another contractor who is available.  Government does this and contractor lets employee go saying it is a job requirements change allowing contractor to keep billing government.  Government liaison had responsibility of oversight and by not asking questions are enabling this illegal practice.   

The Bills had obligation to look at rules and what was asked and not just accept what Cumulus did. It was also in their best interest for their reputation.

On 3/4/2022 at 3:29 PM, Freddie's Dead said:

Surprised the Pegulas dragged this out so long, thought Kim would have settled this years ago.

Why would she?  She is a part owner of a business (one that she has stated exists to some degree to fund the "Family Lifestyle") so she's not interested in losing money.  Second, I'm sure she felt that the cheerleaders being ripped-off was not the Bills/PSE's problem to deal with.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.