Mock Drafts

Milanos Milano

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

So in your theory, playing devils advocate, if level of comp was a big thing, then why did Darius Leonard go 35th overall when he played in arguably the worst conference in the FCS. I know your gonna come back with Leonard is an exception to the rule and he was a stud etc because hindsight is easy, but everything about Anderson comes back clean. Top end speed, played in a top FCS conference, good character traits, fits the modern NFL LB with Size and Agility. Shows versatility by playing multiple positions in college. 

You don't think a guy like Beane, who has proven over and over again, that he loved high end physical traits and trusts his coaching staff to develop them, wouldn't take a guy like Anderson in round 2 if he thought the coaching staff could bring out the high upside that he has as a raw prospect at 57. I disagree with you on this one just due to the past telling me completely different. 

Leonard's film was a lot better. That is the knock on Anderson. They physical potential is all there. The film is very mixed.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Leonard's film was a lot better. That is the knock on Anderson. They physical potential is all there. The film is very mixed.

Thats not my point. The poster who I directed it at took a shot at Montana State and specifically stated that one of the reasons he wont go highly is because Montana State isn't LSU. I briefly pointed out another high end raw LB that went highly in a much worse FCS conference but you already knew that. I didn't say Leonard wasn't a better prospect

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He has great potential with his physical tools and smarts, but inexperience at LB and level of competition leave him as a projection.  I would not want to count on him playing a lot of defensive snaps next year, but long-term he might be very good.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

He has great potential with his physical tools and smarts, but inexperience at LB and level of competition leave him as a projection.  I would not want to count on him playing a lot of defensive snaps next year, but long-term he might be very good.

Well, with Edmunds on his 5th and Klein out, I wouldn't be surprised if Beane took an early shot at him. Timing could be right.🤔. Honestly,  I wouldn't be mad if he did. I think 57 may be a little early. I've picked him in a few of my mocks, but doubt he makes it to 89. Maybe Brandon Smith at 89 if we go LB in the 3rd?? As others have said and my best guess, top of the 3rd more than likely for Anderson.

Edited by LyndonvilleBill

Latest from CBS NFL 3 Rd Mock.  Bills take 3 Defensive players in first 3 rounds.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-three-round-nfl-mock-draft-kenny-pickett-falls-packers-chiefs-load-up-on-wrs/

1.  Booth CB Clemson

2.  Muma LB Wyoming

3.  Winfrey DT Oklahoma

I actually like this draft as believe a WR, RB, OL and TE can be had in Rds 4, 5 and with our 2 picks in the 6th.

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

So in your theory, playing devils advocate, if level of comp was a big thing, then why did Darius Leonard go 35th overall when he played in arguably the worst conference in the FCS. I know your gonna come back with Leonard is an exception to the rule and he was a stud etc because hindsight is easy, but everything about Anderson comes back clean. Top end speed, played in a top FCS conference, good character traits, fits the modern NFL LB with Size and Agility. Shows versatility by playing multiple positions in college. 

You don't think a guy like Beane, who has proven over and over again, that he loved high end physical traits and trusts his coaching staff to develop them, wouldn't take a guy like Anderson in round 2 if he thought the coaching staff could bring out the high upside that he has as a raw prospect at 57. I disagree with you on this one just due to the past telling me completely different. 

For every one or two players that you find, there’s thousands of ones that don’t work out. Just saying 

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

For every one or two players that you find, there’s thousands of ones that don’t work out. Just saying 

That’s the thing their isn’t a track record in the last 10 years there has been 1 FCS LB drafted in the top 2 rounds. Leonard. If Anderson goes in round 2, a strong possibility, then he would be the 2nd 

On 4/10/2022 at 4:41 PM, mrags said:

A bunch of trade downs. Extra picks. Trade ups to get back into earlier rounds. ended up picking up an extra 2nd rounder next year as well. Love this draft. 

45. Breece Hall, RB Iowa State

57. Jahan Dotson, WR Penn State

76. Jalyn Armour-Davis, CB Alabama

89. Daniel Faalele, OT Minnesota

100. Troy Andersen, LB Montana State

168. Thayer Munford, OG Ohio State

185. Amare Barno, EDGE Virginia Tech

203. Kalon Barnes, CB Baylor

231. Bo Melton, WR Rutgers

2023 BAL 2nd

I like the draft, I just think they will be dumping later picks to move up for quality not quantity. Late picks will end up going to other teams anyways cause there's just no room in this roster .

25: R1 P25 WR Jameson Williams - Alabama

57: R2 P25 RB Breece Hall - Iowa State

89: R3 P25 LB Darrian Beavers - Cincinnati

130: R4 P25 CB Cam Taylor-Britt - Nebraska

168: R5 P25 G Cade Mays - Tennessee

185: R6 P6 WR Kyle Philips - UCLA

203: R6 P24 CB Isaac Taylor-Stuart - USC

231: R7 P10 RB Zander Horvath - Purdue

Kaiir Elam

CB Florida

Chad Muma

LB Wyoming

Kerby Joseph

S Illinois

Zyon McCollum

CB Sam Houston State

Charleston Rambo

WR Miami-Fl

Hassan Haskins

RB Michigan

Luke Goedeke

OG Central Michigan

Jaylen Watson

CB Washington State

Round: 1

Andrew Booth Jr.

CB | Clemson

Round: 2

Jaquan Brisker

S | Penn State

Round: 3

Trey McBride

TE | Colorado State

Round: 4

Hassan Haskins

RB | Michigan

Round: 5

Jaylen Watson

CB | Washington State

Round: 6

Charleston Rambo

WR | Miami (FL)

Round: 6

Matt Araiza

P | San Diego State

Round: 7

Jack Coan

QB | Notre Dame

On 4/10/2022 at 3:27 PM, mrags said:

I don’t believe Anderson goes in Rd2 like many are saying. I think rd3 at the highest. Level of opponents will have a play in it imo. Montana state isn’t exactly on par with the LSUs of the college football world. 

i am not sure if Barnes will last that long. Good chance that because of his 40 time he goes earlier than expected. But is his 40 time is the only real reason he would go much higher than expected? If GMs and scouts think he’s more of a work in progress than worth their time, he may slide. Speed doesn’t mean everything. 

I like the tape on Melton. He likely doesn’t last that long, I agree. But not sure how much earlier. He could be one of the unfortunate players that get passed up by other WRs that blew people’s doors off in the 40. Even though he may be better. 

Anything is possible, but I personally think Anderson will go in round 2 or 3 and would be surprised if lasted until the 4th.

I do think he fits a lot of what Beane and McD covet, so wouldn’t surprise me if he’s a Bill after the draft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Ended up giving up a 3rd and 5th next year for this draft. I’m not sure it could get any better honestly. Imo. ended up with a stud at WR and our future slot guy for years to come. Starting MLB either right away or after this season when Edmunds leaves. Gordon should be an instant starter opposite White. Faalele instantly becomes our swing tackle and maybe more in the future. Smith should be starting OG by next year. Woods immediately becomes our 3rd TE and when we lose Knox because we can’t afford him, or OJ next year he steps in and takes over. Punter for the next 15 years. And between Woolen and Kendrick you have potential at DB that makes DCs drool about the possibilities. If they work out, we are set at Corner for the next 5 years. 

43. Jahan Dotson, WR Penn State

57. Kyler Gordon, CB Washington

58. Chad Muma, LB Wyoming

78. Tariq Woolen, CB UTSA

89. Daniel Faalele, OT Minnesota

99. Lecitus Smith, OG Virginia Tech

168. Jalani Woods, TE Virginia

170. Matt Araiza, P San Diego State

231. Derion Kendrick, CB Georgia

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.