2022 NFL Combine thread

YoloinOhio

34 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Okay, if Watson is not there then I’ll take Pierce/Pickens/Metchie… This draft is deep at receivers who has been big time players at the collegiate level. Remember, not every team is looking at that position and many will fall because of it. There aren’t many Breece Hall’s in this draft.  I truly believe Hall will be Josh Allen’s Thurman Thomas/Jonathan Taylor. A do it all RB. Hopefully the Bills will acquire another vet WR/TE in FA (Kirk/Chark). Will make offense even more dynamic 

You should change your name to Breece Grundy until someone else drafts him.  

i like hall a lot.  I’d rather draft an OL that will protect Josh and the RB. Once we got our OL performing, motor was just fine. Just like any RB will be running behind a good OL.  Hall would be here 5 years and then we’d hopefully get a 3rd conditional pick for him.  I’m not down to pay any rb 10M+ a year and Hall will likely be one of those guys.  Considering the fact that we’ll have to take him in rd 1 makes the situation worse. He’s not slipping to our pick in rd 2. 

That said, I’m down to draft a RB in rd 4-5.  

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Guys are selling Dane Jackson short. He did a damn good job filling in for Tre. It’s gonna be tough sledding for a drafted CB to crack the starting lineup unless his name is “Sauce”

Disagree. This is a good corner group. Booth, Sauce or Stingley would be huge upgrades and Gordon, McDuffie and Elam would all improve the lineup too. 

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

So we draft a corner in the first just to avoid half a year of Jackson as the 1?  That’s what I don’t agree with. We can get a corner in FA or the third and still get a possible upgrade. 

The only way I’d be somewhat ok with a first round corner is if his name is Gardner, McDuffie, or Stingley. Anyone else, just wait…

No I don’t think that’s why you would need to draft a CB in the 1st. Just emphasizing the need on the defense for an athletic corner to replace Levi on a cheap/ rookie deal because they are paying everyone else on the secondary. I do think the day 2 depth at WR is going to be huge value. I personally would wait on the WR. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Disagree. This is a good corner group. Booth, Sauce or Stingley would be huge upgrades and Gordon, McDuffie and Elam would all improve the lineup too. 

And that's about the extent of the CBs, correct?  That's 6 guys whereas there are many more WRs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

I disagree. McD and his staff are masters at developing corners. If there is an organization in the league that can wait until the third or later to get a corner and make him a very good starter it’s the Bills. 

CB is a premium position for a reason.  Bills have been playing 4-2-5, in part, because they have had average play at CB from Wallace.  Better coverage helps the pass rush (by providing more time to get to the the QB), just as better pass rush helps coverage.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

And that's about the extent of the CBs, correct?  That's 6 guys whereas there are many more WRs.

There is Roger McCreary out of Auburn as well but I kinda discount him in Buffalo because I think he gets a bit lost in zone and needs to play in a heavy man scheme. 

So in terms of guys I think can be day 1, obvious upgrade types, it is probably those 6. I think the next group - Emerson out of Mississippi State, Kendrick out of Georgia, Bryant who is the other Cincinnati kid - are guys who would come in and battle in camp and could win the job and have a higher ceiling than Dane (and Levi for that matter) but they are not guaranteed upgrades for 2022. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There is Roger McCreary out of Auburn as well but I kinda discount him in Buffalo because I think he gets a bit lost in zone and needs to play in a heavy man scheme. 

So in terms of guys I think can be day 1, obvious upgrade types, it is probably those 6. I think the next group - Emerson out of Mississippi State, Kendrick out of Georgia, Bryant who is the other Cincinnati kid - are guys who would come in and battle in camp and could win the job and have a higher ceiling than Dane (and Levi for that matter) but they are not guaranteed upgrades for 2022.

I think finding a starting-caliber CB in FA will be harder than finding a FA WR to upgrade the receiving corps.  But I'll wait until FA because that can and usually does change teams' needs.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No I don’t think that’s why you would need to draft a CB in the 1st. Just emphasizing the need on the defense for an athletic corner to replace Levi on a cheap/ rookie deal because they are paying everyone else on the secondary. I do think the day 2 depth at WR is going to be huge value. I personally would wait on the WR. 

What if we are picking the fifth corner off the board and he doesn’t fit our scheme?  Do you draft him cause we need one or do you take the WR if he’s what you are looking for?  There are so many ways to look at this. You can wait and get a corner in 2 or 3 and still have them cheap for 4 years. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I disagree. McD and his staff are masters at developing corners. If there is an organization in the league that can wait until the third or later to get a corner and make him a very good starter it’s the Bills. 

There are coaches who are acknowledged as great QB developers, but that doesn’t mean they can take a modest QB talent and turn him into a great QB.

21 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

What if we are picking the fifth corner off the board and he doesn’t fit our scheme?  Do you draft him cause we need one or do you take the WR if he’s what you are looking for?  There are so many ways to look at this. You can wait and get a corner in 2 or 3 and still have them cheap for 4 years. 

Why would they pick a corner who doesn’t fit the scheme? Not sure what you are asking…

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

I think finding a starting-caliber CB in FA will be harder than finding a FA WR to upgrade the receiving corps.  But I'll wait until FA because that can and usually does change teams' needs.

I’m not ruling out Bradberry from NYG if hes cut

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why would they pick a corner who doesn’t fit the scheme? Not sure what you are asking…

Yeah, why on earth would they do that?

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not ruling out Bradberry from NYG if hes cut

He'll be in-demand and very expensive.

Me too. Kenneth is my son’s friend from Wake forest - really good kid. He transferred to Michigan State cuz of Wake rotates their RBs to a point of frustration. I had a feeling he’d run this fast. Looks like an early to mid 2nd pick now

• Like (+1) 2

The more I look at this class the more I wish we could trade our 1st for two 2nds. The only teams I see with comparable value to pick 25 are Atlanta with picks 43 and 58, and Denver with picks 40 and 64. I would take either of those trades right now if possible, that's how much I believe in the depth of this 2nd round. But as usual the question is who would Denver or Atlanta want to trade up for? Maybe a QB after they each pass on one in the top 10?

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Is Kyle Fuller a FA? Wish Bills would’ve traded for him at deadline.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

The more I look at this class the more I wish we could trade our 1st for two 2nds. The only teams I see with comparable value to pick 25 are Atlanta with picks 43 and 58, and Denver with picks 40 and 64. I would take either of those trades right now if possible, that's how much I believe in the depth of this 2nd round. But as usual the question is who would Denver or Atlanta want to trade up for? Maybe a QB after they each pass on one in the top 10?

Detroit would be nice too

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

there are other guys but yes the depth of WR is way deeper than CB. I would rather get a CB in Free Agency and the perfect fit is Donte Jackson from Carolina but he’ll be expensive 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.