29 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Old LB coach is out "So long Bob."

New one is in "Hello Bob."

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss…, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Maybe they did.

McDermott put blame on "execution" for the end of the game.  If he determined that the execution problem was actually Bass not getting the call to squib the kick because Farwell didn't prepare his lines of communication properly, that's on him.  If the linebackers were supposed to have different roles or be somewhere else in the play that was actually called, and after looking into it, it's partly or all due to prep during the week, that could be on the LB assistant coach.

I'm not saying it is - I don't know that it is.

On the other hand, you don't know that it isn't, either, and you're saying it isn't.

Mc D called 2 TOs.  If he (and his DC) can't figure out what he is seeing on the field after that, it's hardly on some down-list coach.  

McD seems content to let the public infer, from his comments and moves, that the fault lies with others, not him.  

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Can we just find a way to get Frazier out? Go get a guy with a few new ideas and see if we can’t be even better on defense? I know the stats showed we were great but that was misleading. We have elite talent on that side of the ball IMO. I think the scheme is actually holding us back. I think a more aggressive DC could turn this group of players into an all time dominant defense. We are going through a lot of house cleaning here with the coaching staff…just go all the way and get Frazier out.

This idea of keeping Frazier around is getting old. We do need a more aggressive defense and a change in the scheme. And you can't just ignore these coaches leaving. 

• Disagree 2

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This idea of keeping Frazier around is getting old. We do need a more aggressive defense and a change in the scheme. And you can't just ignore these coaches leaving. 

Had you considered that the reason they are leaving is because McDermott is instituting new concepts to his scheme and these coaches needed to be on board or find other opportunities? 

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Can we just find a way to get Frazier out? Go get a guy with a few new ideas and see if we can’t be even better on defense? I know the stats showed we were great but that was misleading. We have elite talent on that side of the ball IMO. I think the scheme is actually holding us back. I think a more aggressive DC could turn this group of players into an all time dominant defense. We are going through a lot of house cleaning here with the coaching staff…just go all the way and get Frazier out.

I totally disagree. With almost every word of this. 

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Can anyone really help Edumnds?  He's just not a MLB.

You're right, Doc, he's not an MLB.  Thank God, we don't typically have an MLB on the field because we don't run a 4-3 or 3-4.  We run a 4-2 with no LB playing on the outside.  

In the old days, MLBs were thumpers and Edmunds is no thumper.  But in the passing game of today, LBs are more coverage guys and Edmunds is decent at that.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Now that Bobby Babich will be coaching the linebackers there's a rumor that Baby Babich will be hired to coach the DBs.

Father Bob and Grandfather Robert must be so proud right now.

Imagine the versatility of the phrase "Babich please" in said scenario.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, klos63 said:

More aggressive in what way?

Pressure. Blitzing. Coverage. Overall scheme in general. The guy has always just been a soft shell passive aggressive, sit back and give a team things underneath but not make a team feel uncomfortable. We play a soft defense in my opinion. I want a defense that sets a physical tone and forces teams to feel uncomfortable. We are so set on not being beat over the top that we concede a lot. The good QBs that are willing to be patient can really gash us. A physical run game often bullies us. I think our personnel on defense is excellent. I couldn’t stand Frazier with Minnesota and for the most part, I don’t like him here. We certainly could be much worse I fully understand that. But I feel like there is meat left on the bone and I think what we are, is all we can be if Fraizer hangs around. Let’s see a new voice and try to get over that KC hump. Or just give the Defense to  McDermott all together and see what we have.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Pressure. Blitzing. Coverage. Overall scheme in general. The guy has always just been a soft shell passive aggressive, sit back and give a team things underneath but not make a team feel uncomfortable. We play a soft defense in my opinion. I want a defense that sets a physical tone and forces teams to feel uncomfortable. We are so set on not being beat over the top that we concede a lot. The good QBs that are willing to be patient can really gash us. A physical run game often bullies us. I think our personnel on defense is excellent. I couldn’t stand Frazier with Minnesota and for the most part, I don’t like him here. We certainly could be much worse I fully understand that. But I feel like there is meat left on the bone and I think what we are, is all we can be if Fraizer hangs around. Let’s see a new voice and try to get over that KC hump. Or just give the Defense to  McDermott all together and see what we have.

The Bills had the highest pressure rate in the NFL per PFR. We are bad at blitzing. On coverage you have more of a point. They became more passive and vanilla with coverage once White went down. That is because they don't trust Levi or Dane to come up and play press at the line. And they did less complex disguise with Poyer and Hyde on the backend. 

They need to get at least one more corner who they trust physically to play press at the line. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Mc D called 2 TOs.  If he (and his DC) can't figure out what he is seeing on the field after that, it's hardly on some down-list coach.  

McD seems content to let the public infer, from his comments and moves, that the fault lies with others, not him.  

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe he has publicly stated that it starts with him.  We really have NO idea what was discussed on the sidelines…just a lot of inferences from fans who weren’t (and have probably never been) there.  The execution on the field was poor — we don’t know whether that was the fault of the players, assistant coaches, coordinator, or head coach.  We don’t know what lines of communication had been established and which ones didn’t work.  Everybody has an opinion, but the Bills are keeping it tight-lipped and not throwing anyone under the bus.  If you thought McD would come out and say “I f**ked up” regardless of what happened I think that’s pretty naive.  I also think if the team really believed McD screwed up we’d have gotten some sort of inkling in all of the interviews since.

8 minutes ago, eball said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe he has publicly stated that it starts with him.  We really have NO idea what was discussed on the sidelines…just a lot of inferences from fans who weren’t (and have probably never been) there.  The execution on the field was poor — we don’t know whether that was the fault of the players, assistant coaches, coordinator, or head coach.  We don’t know what lines of communication had been established and which ones didn’t work.  Everybody has an opinion, but the Bills are keeping it tight-lipped and not throwing anyone under the bus.  If you thought McD would come out and say “I f**ked up” regardless of what happened I think that’s pretty naive.  I also think if the team really believed McD screwed up we’d have gotten some sort of inkling in all of the interviews since.

yeah he always says it “starts with me”.  Coaching cliche.  They all say it. 

then he quickly shifted to “execution”—clearly leveling blame at the players.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.