Gunner's 2022 Mock Draft (v3 and FINAL - p.17!!)

GunnerBill

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

I like it, but it would be the first trade down of Beane’s career…I can’t see it happening. And Seattle really needs those second round picks…if they like a QB, they’ll draft one at 13.

Im sure Beane traded down last year … Day 3 mind you…

Edited by Aussie Joe

7 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Why trade ahead of those two teams, neither of whom would take a QB?  Even Jax at top of Rd 2 doesn't need a QB.  

Granted, getting a QB low in Rd 1 assures 5th year option. 

I mean to say wr, but totally mistyped that. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah we'd probably have to throw something else in. But I wouldn't trade out of the 1st unless it was really worth our while. As long as Allen is here he's going to take up a lot of cap space, so 5th year options will be especially valuable to us for the next 15 years.

Maybe trade back into the late first round then? The team is in win now mode. Land two day one starters in this draft both with cheap rookie deals and the 5th year option. It would cost us our first round pick next year and bit more but it gets us that extra win now player immediately rather then waiting another year to get that guy.

14 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don’t recall that…

Texans and Bills: The Texans traded the No. 203 and No. 212 picks to the Bills for the No. 174 pick.

With 203 the Bills selected Stevenson, with 212 Wildgoose.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Great work as as always @GunnerBill. Couple of my comments:

Its obvious that you like Booth but you seem to be in a minority. He seems to be falling down a lot. Tankathon (whose board is imo just a combination/compilation of other boards) already has him at 29 (he was around 10-15 two months ago), and from recent mocks Zierlein has him at 25 to Bills, NBS at 29, WalterFootbal at 30, Reuter and Sportingnews have him at 31, and Jeremiah and Kiper don't even have him in first. I think I still saw him somewhere at 13 to Browns but can't find it now.

So all in all, you seem to value him much higher than consensus.

As for guards, you have two of them in the first round. I think you always say that you'd draft guards in the first round if they are top talents only - does in mean that these two are that good or that Chargers/Pats will reach for them? Would you pick any of them for Bills (if Booth/Olave are both gone)?

As for Tampa, I agree with @Aussie Bill that they are not taking QB. Brady is no Rodgers, and I really think they will try to win one more and won't care about future that much.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I would trade down with Seattle only if they gave us both of their 2nds (40 and 41). The draft value chart says we'd get a significantly higher value in that trade, but we'd be giving up a 5th year option and trade ups for QBs always carry more value. If they offer that package to jump ahead of TB for a QB I'd do it in a heartbeat. It seems that the players picked between 25 and 50 will all have very similar draft grades. I would love to grab two of those players and draft some combination of CB and WR and OL by the time round 2 is over.

What if they wanted #25 and #89 for #40 & #41 (which makes the overpay more marginal and more if a standard overpay). That would give the Bills three in the first 57. Would you do that?

It would depend on who was on the board at #25 for me. 

17 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Great work as as always @GunnerBill. Couple of my comments:

Its obvious that you like Booth but you seem to be in a minority. He seems to be falling down a lot. Tankathon (whose board is imo just a combination/compilation of other boards) already has him at 29 (he was around 10-15 two months ago), and from recent mocks Zierlein has him at 25 to Bills, NBS at 29, WalterFootbal at 30, Reuter and Sportingnews have him at 31, and Jeremiah and Kiper don't even have him in first. I think I still saw him somewhere at 13 to Browns but can't find it now.

So all in all, you seem to value him much higher than consensus.

As for guards, you have two of them in the first round. I think you always say that you'd draft guards in the first round if they are top talents only - does in mean that these two are that good or that Chargers/Pats will reach for them? Would you pick any of them for Bills (if Booth/Olave are both gone)?

As for Tampa, I agree with @Aussie Bill that they are not taking QB. Brady is no Rodgers, and I really think they will try to win one more and won't care about future that much.

I don't believe in drafting guards in the first. I can make an argument for it with the Chargers because I am really struggling for holes on their team. New England are a team that have drafred guard high before...  I just think that feels Belichickian. He doesn't think the rules apply to him. 

I know I am higher than the consensus on Booth. I don't care. I think his tape is outstanding. I am not completely on my own, The Draft Network guys agree with me, but I know a lot of the talking heads are lower. I don't see anyway he gets out of the first, if he is there at #25 he is absolutely the guy the Bills should select and I think they would. 

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What if they wanted #25 and #89 for #40 & #41 (which makes the overpay more marginal and more if a standard overpay). That would give the Bills three in the first 57. Would you do that?

It would depend on who was on the board at #25 for me. 

If Olave or Jameson Williams or Booth were there I would not trade down regardless, those are the 3 players that I consider to be long shots but possibly available at 25. None of the other players I've seen mocked to the Bills would stop me from accepting three picks between 40 and 57, even with no other picks until 130. That would allow us to fill 3 needs with players that are more likely to have an impact this year. I do kind of hate losing the 5th year option but more chances at impact players is enticing.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If Olave or Jameson Williams or Booth were there I would not trade down regardless, those are the 3 players that I consider to be long shots but possibly available at 25. None of the other players I've seen mocked to the Bills would stop me from accepting three picks between 40 and 57, even with no other picks until 130. That would allow us to fill 3 needs with players that are more likely to have an impact this year. I do kind of hate losing the 5th year option but more chances at impact players is enticing.

Definitely with you on those 3. 

50 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Trade up to 7 with the Giants have your pick of the best WR or best CB.  

The 25th and next years first which will be the 32nd pick anyway.  

Hmm. I get that you could do worse than Keyshawn Johnson but you can do a good deal better as well. I'd hope he would be more like Mike Evans. 

• Agree 1

I’d like to see the Bills address the CB at all costs in free agency with a #2 CB.  Can not rely on a premium guy to fill a starting spot at that position in this particular draft at #25.  Doing so will allow the Bills to choose the best player avaiLable in most rounds, whether or not the Bates deal gets done or not. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.