Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

Josh definitely been inconsistent. But, he is still improving his craft. He is literally better by the month! STILL after 4 yrs. He had so much upside as a rookie. Frankly, it’s staggering

bills D #1 was helped by scheduled teams, (sorry to say) bad weather, good offense. Doesn’t take anything away, but helped D stats

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

There have been a few "who would you rather have - Mahomes or Allen?" discussions among the pundits this week.

Each time, the answer is Mahomes. Which I have no issue with, but the reasoning is generally that they have the same skillsets and ability, but Mahomes improvises when a play breaks down and creates something, while Allen generally doesn't.

To repeat:  the reasoning is generally that they have the same skillsets and ability, but Mahomes improvises when a play breaks down and creates something, while Allen generally doesn't.

I don't think people actually watch games.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say that. Ever.  

I hear people say that Mahomes has shown he can win the SB.  He’s proven to be a champion and an mvp. Until Josh does, he will always be 2nd place in the majority of fans’ eyes.

Gotta win. Nows the time while we have our OC and DC.  Probably gonna lose both of em next year 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I have not wanted a win this badly since Super Bowl XXV. I really think Buffalo wins the whole thing if we get by the Chiefs. Honestly, I will probably not enjoy 1 second of this game until it's over (and we win) or if we have a 17 point lead with under 10 minutes to go. This is the team, the time is now, and I will not want to deal with the what ifs it it turns out any other way. Every single player needs to remember that feeling that Diggs had standing on the field and watching as the Chiefs moved on to the Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Me too. I don't think the Bills have the players to achieve what Tampa did. The Steelers with Watt weren't able to slow them down. Additionally, the Chiefs Oline is upgraded from last years team. I think the Bill's best chance is to prevent them from getting tds and force field goals. This game with the loss of Tre will be felt. I don't believe the Bill's defense will effectively stop the Chiefs and Mahomes. The Bills offense will have to outscore the Chiefs. The Bills need a spectacular Allen performance. 

The Stillers did slow down the Chiefs to the tune of Punt, Punt, INT, Punt, Fumble returned for a TD on the Chiefs first 5 possessions.  If our defense forces 3 punts, 2 turnovers, and scores a TD I like our odds.  But that stat line doesn't mean much when your offense manages to stay on the field for 21 plays in 5 drives.  

20 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Go over and look at their board for yourself. Their fans are arrogant and delusional to the point of saying weird and borderline psycho things.

ChiefsPlanet is a BDSM board that occasionally talks football.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

It’s funny how so many Chiefs fans are trying to convince themselves that the Bills defense isn’t good.   Seems to me that they are pretty concerned and looking for a reason to rationalize why the Bills aren’t as good as they really are:

To his point…there’s an element of truth there.  The Bills were fortunate to play some bad QB’s but they dominated them.  

He forgot...

- Patrick Mahomie (won)

Should I list the gauntlet of defenses KC faced and the first round bye they got in the playoffs?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I will be curious to see the demeanor of this team (esp the offense) on the field. In the last AFCCG, they just seemed shell shocked. Even in week 5, you could tell the offense was frazzled— they hit on some big plays, but just didn’t seem to be in sync. 

i am hoping that they will have that calm and surgical way about them this week. 

2 hours ago, Success said:

There have been a few "who would you rather have - Mahomes or Allen?" discussions among the pundits this week.

Each time, the answer is Mahomes. Which I have no issue with, but the reasoning is generally that they have the same skillsets and ability, but Mahomes improvises when a play breaks down and creates something, while Allen generally doesn't.

To repeat:  the reasoning is generally that they have the same skillsets and ability, but Mahomes improvises when a play breaks down and creates something, while Allen generally doesn't.

I don't think people actually watch games.

Seriously.  Does NOBODY ELSE see the wide ass open receivers Mahomes is throwing to all game?

Forget about fans or talking heads.  Take an anonymous poll of GMs and I bet it is AT WORST 50-50, but probably skewed towards Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gobills404 said:

Go over and look at their board for yourself. Their fans are arrogant and delusional to the point of saying weird and borderline psycho things.

No thanks and this place is no different either.

There are literally topics here about the Chiefs being easy work and how McD should be fired. 

Fans say really stupid things. I’m not going to let the words of a few speak for an entire fan base. It’s bad enough they have to deal with Jackson Mahomes.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Watched the week 5 game again last night. We ended up with 4 turnovers. That game was really close intell Hyde had a pick 6. We are going to have to win the turnover battle again I believe to win this game. Our dbs did a really good job jamming Kelce at the Line. Defense was hitting hard week 5. I honestly have no idea who wins this weekend both kc and bills are like night and day different now from week 5. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

No thanks and this place is no different either.

There are literally topics here about the Chiefs being easy work and how McD should be fired. 

Fans say really stupid things. I’m not going to let the words of a few speak for an entire fan base. It’s bad enough they have to deal with Jackson Mahomes.

This place is different.  Yes, there are a boatload of delusional fans here but that board is on a completely different level on delusion. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.