Divisional round matchup

Just Jack

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Gut feeling for me last week was we needed the Raiders to beat the Chargers so we faced the Pats. Worked out well.

Gut feeling now is that we need the Chiefs to beat the Steelers so we go to Arrowhead. Not sure why I think this as it’s not particularly logical!

We can't control match ups.   Just keep on scoring. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, djp14150 said:

yes.  But we won’t know when till that game is played.

the only certainties right now….

Tennessee plays at home

Green Bay plays at home

AZ/LA winner plays on Sunday 

Not true on the last one (unless there was just a recent announcement by the NFL I am unaware of). The Arizona-LA winner could still play next Saturday if the NFL wants to feature Dallas (if they win) at Tampa Bay (if they win) on Sunday (both have huge national followings) and also wants to put an AFC game also on Sunday (Sundays have better TV ratings than Saturday). Probably won't happen, but it could, as the NFL has been known to do stranger things for ratings.

Edited by chongli

I think the Bills will be primetime next week - IMO Josh vs Burrow/Mahomes will be too tempting for the networks to see it play out during the afternoon, especially considering how Josh played yesterday.

If it’s right that the Cardinals/Rams will play on Sunday then I imagine, for fairness, the conferences will play on the same day, so the game at Tennessee will be played Saturday afternoon followed by the Bills match up. If seeds 2-4 win in the NFC then I expect Rams at Packers to be the afternoon game on Sunday with Cowboys at the Bucs in the evening.

4 hours ago, chongli said:

Not true on the last one (unless there was just a recent announcement by the NFL I am unaware of). The Arizona-LA winner could still play next Saturday if the NFL wants to feature Dallas (if they win) at Tampa Bay (if they win) on Sunday (both have huge national followings) and also wants to put an AFC game also on Sunday (Sundays have better TV ratings than Saturday). Probably won't happen, but it could, as the NFL has been known to do stranger things for ratings.

it was stated the Monday night game winner would play on Sunday as part of the conditions.

its why last week MNF ended because of the competitive disadvantage created.

id be bitching if I am playing Monday night then play early Saturday vs a team playing sat/ sun.

11 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

it was stated the Monday night game winner would play on Sunday as part of the conditions.

its why last week MNF ended because of the competitive disadvantage created.

id be bitching if I am playing Monday night then play early Saturday vs a team playing sat/ sun.

Interesting. Because in the 506 forum (NFL TV viewership geeks), they are debating the pros and cons of having the winner play Sunday vs. Saturday, and how they should have but an AFC game instead in the MNF wild card slot to avoid this scenario, like Buffalo-New England. As far as I know, it is still up in the air. Do you have a link for this? I apologize if I was wrong.

Edited by chongli

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Titsns?  LOLOLOLOL 😝

it was the liquor I swear lol

jim-lahey-liquor-talking.gif

Titans* I'm looking way far ahead already at the AFC championship game.  Now with a clear mind, I'm not even sure the Titans can get past the Bengals. 

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

it was the liquor I swear lol

jim-lahey-liquor-talking.gif

Titans* I'm looking way far ahead already at the AFC championship game.  Now with a clear mind, I'm not even sure the Titans can get past the Bengals. 

Heck, I’m looking at how Buffalo can host the Championship game.  Someone check my math…

Steelers need to beat KC tonight and Titans next weekend. Buffalo needs to beat Cincy.  Then Pitt would travel to Buffalo for the championship game.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Any chance the Steelers can pull the upset?

YES!  It's not much of a chance, maybe 1 or 2%, but it's a chance! 

I am looking forward to that game more than any today!

If Pittsburgh can keep the score low and close, I'll really enjoy it.

If KC blows it wide open early on, it will be unwatchable!

4 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

I think the Bills will be primetime next week - IMO Josh vs Burrow/Mahomes will be too tempting for the networks to see it play out during the afternoon, especially considering how Josh played yesterday.

If it’s right that the Cardinals/Rams will play on Sunday then I imagine, for fairness, the conferences will play on the same day, so the game at Tennessee will be played Saturday afternoon followed by the Bills match up. If seeds 2-4 win in the NFC then I expect Rams at Packers to be the afternoon game on Sunday with Cowboys at the Bucs in the evening.

God knows the NFL loves to put Dallas on TV as much as is humanly possibly, even when the team is not good enough to support it, and inPRIME TIME as much as is possible! 

So I agree Dallas at night.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Heck, I’m looking at how Buffalo can host the Championship game.  Someone check my math…

Steelers need to beat KC tonight and Titans next weekend. Buffalo needs to beat Cincy.  Then Pitt would travel to Buffalo for the championship game.  

It was posted in another thread...

Two ways:

1. Steelers beat Chiefs and Titans.  Bills will host the AFCC in Orchard Park against the Steelers (assuming Bills beat Bengals at home)

2. Bills beat Chiefs and Bengals beat the Titans.  Bills will host the AFCC in Orchard Park against the Bengals.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, chongli said:

Interesting. Because in the 506 forum (NFL TV viewership geeks), they are debating the pros and cons of having the winner play Sunday vs. Saturday, and how they should have but an AFC game instead in the MNF wild card slot to avoid this scenario, like Buffalo-New England. As far as I know, it is still up in the air. Do you have a link for this? I apologize if I was wrong.

it was mentioned all across national media when the new schedule came out and they mentioned a Monday night playoff football.

I know what 506 is.    

the issue is competitive advantage which was a complaint by many coaches who had their playoff bound team have to play on Saturday.  This is why final week Monday night games ended and they only way the league coukd agree to schedule it is if it was certain the team that wins plays on Sunday.

it was a 4-5 game because the other games determine who they play.  The logistics of scheduling stuff around the game can’t wait till Tuesday fir Saturday games.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.