All Pro Voting Results (Poyer First Team, Hyde 2nd Team, also Milano/Edmunds/McKenzie getting votes)

Slippery Rubber Mats

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I get it but not sure how they fix it? Unless they say if all 50 votes go to the same person at a single spot when balloted then they go back to the voters on that spot and ask them to vote a second time excluding the consensus guy. 

What I don't want is them saying "pick two running backs" in the initial ballot. 

It's not really complicated. If they're going to pretend the 2nd team is a real thing, they should vote for a 2nd team like the NBA does.

Just now, DCOrange said:

It's not really complicated. If they're going to pretend the 2nd team is a real thing, they should vote for a 2nd team like the NBA does.

Nah I don't like that idea. Because you dilute what the vote means when you ask guys to vote for two. Just say to voters vote for the best and they tend to stick to the absolute elite with the odd strange "Cole Beasley" vote from someone trying to be outside the box. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I get it but not sure how they fix it? Unless they say if all 50 votes go to the same person at a single spot when balloted then they go back to the voters on that spot and ask them to vote a second time excluding the consensus guy. 

What I don't want is them saying "pick two running backs" in the initial ballot. 

Have them vote for 2 RBs and highest total is Team 1 and second highest is Team 2. There should be 2 teams.

Just now, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Have them vote for 2 RBs and highest total is Team 1 and second highest is Team 2. There should be 2 teams.

You start getting people second guessing then. Don't like it. Get people to vote for ONE team the absolute elite of that season in the NFL. 

I don't want all pro becoming like the pro bowl and I fear allowing voters to vote for more guys would go that way. Even if not immediately it would water it down in time. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

The lack of respect Bills players are shown in this voting should provide plenty of motivation going forward!

The Bills lost very critical Nationally telecast games...

Lost to the Titans on MNF

Lost to  Tampa Bay on CBS 4 PM (National)

Lost to the Patriots on MNF

Got beaten up by the Colts in your own den

They will hold against you for the performance in this games.   Of course, they should also take into account the 

Win against the Chiefs on SNF 

Win against the Patriots on CBS

the margins of victory against weak opponents.

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

How the hell is Andre Roberts come in 2nd for Kick Returners with how his season has gone.

Well he did recently return one for a score. I would still love to have him returning kicks for the Bills.

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

The Bills lost very critical Nationally telecast games...

Lost to the Titans on MNF

Lost to  Tampa Bay on CBS 4 PM (National)

Lost to the Patriots on MNF

Got beaten up by the Colts in your own den

They will hold against you for the performance in this games.   Of course, they should also take into account the 

Win against the Chiefs on SNF 

Win against the Patriots on CBS

the margins of victory against weak opponents.

Go Bills

What player from what team did NOT have games like this? This was how the NFL went this year.

49 minutes ago, Billy Zabka said:

Sorry, but Poyer was the only Bill deserving of 1st team All-Pro. I don't see an area where another Bill deserved it over a player that was picked. 

I think I'd agree. I don't think anyone else has the stats to make a case. Bunch of them are close though IMO

1 hour ago, Billy Zabka said:

Sorry, but Poyer was the only Bill deserving of 1st team All-Pro. I don't see an area where another Bill deserved it over a player that was picked. 

Agree. The only other one you could make a case for is Hyde. And like others have pointed out, the way the voting works they are competing against each other for votes so highly unlikely both could get 1st team (maybe in a world where Byard doesn’t exist.)

There is no "second-team All-Pro."  They just listed all the guys who got votes.  The guys who got the most votes made All-Pro.  The rest of them got a pat on the back.

If you look at it that way, there's no need to change the voting system.

9 hours ago, In Summary said:

Agree. He's been solid all year. Plays as physical as any of our LBs.

Sometimes he is MORE physical than LBs. 

In one game he was matching one on one on offense lineman and in one case pushed him into backfield affecting play.

He also has been matching up with some of the more physical TEs. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.