transplantbillsfan

53 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Per Mike Sando of The Athletic:

"Most wins against teams that finished above .500:

8: Titans

7: Chiefs, Bucs

6: Bills, Raiders

5: Colts, Packers, Saints, Cardinals, Cowboys, Chargers, Dolphins."

Very interesting stat I hadn't seen before and with two main takeaways in my eyes:

1) The Bills tied for the third-most wins against plus .500 teams across the whole NFL...seems to conflict with the narrative that we had a cupcake schedule and never played anyone good. I'm definitely not saying it was a tough schedule, but I think the slate of opponents looked like the easiest list we had faced in years before the season started and then they wound up looking a bit stronger as the season went on. 

2) No Patriots on that list despite the fact that they faced an even easier schedule than we did. 

I could only find five Bills wins over teams with winning records. Dolphins(x2), Pats, Chiefs, and Saints. Not trying to make a point or anything, just pointing out an inaccuracy. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I have to know....for those here that wanted Pats to beat Colts a few weeks back (mind boggling)....looking back do feel any different??

I have not at all forgot about those wanting this. Matter of fact it has literally popped in my mind each and every single day at least once since that day. Probably because it is the 1st time I ever heard of/seen a Bills fan root for a division rival (not just the Pats). 

Just curious if those posters feel any different? @GunnerBill

I've thought about it as well. It was a losers mentality. I guess i thought we were done with that sort of behavior. I said it on here at the time and it seemed pretty simple to me. Colts beat them and we handle our business, its ours. I was annoyed by the people already packing it in when it came to the division at that point.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Big time. Its goes from manageable to downright overwhelming.

no... its really not.

I’ve been in 0 degree weather. I’ve been in -20 degree weather. These guys have no clue how drastically it affects things. They need to do a walk through Friday night and catch a few bullets to get ready for Saturday. 

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Going to feel like the ice bowl out there Saturday. Darn near 0 degrees. -18 at GB in 67. 

wunderground has it at -4°F at kickoff Saturday night.  I went for a run last night in -4° wind chill and it physically hurt.  My eyelashes turned to icicles.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

I’ve been in 0 degree weather. I’ve been in -20 degree weather. These guys have no clue how drastically it affects things. They need to do a walk through Friday night and catch a few bullets to get ready for Saturday. 

I've been everywhere man, traveled the desert bare man...I even breathed the mountain air, man. Of travel, I've had my share man. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Son of a K-Gun said:

wunderground has it at -4°F at kickoff Saturday night.  I went for a run last night in -4° wind chill and it physically hurt.  My eyelashes turned to icicles.

Anybody saying cold is cold has no idea what arctic air does. This team needs to be outside Friday night doing a light non contact practice at the stadium. No excuses. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Anybody saying cold is cold has no idea what arctic air does. This team needs to be outside Friday night doing a light non contact practice at the stadium. No excuses. 

For sure...they need to feel it.  We get these temps every year and you are never ready for that first cold snap, you forget how it feels.  We get to bundle up and dress appropriately.  Players, not so much.

Do you all think this is just how the cards fell - or did the league think it would be more memorable to have a night game in wintery Buffalo?

It's really hard to tell if it helps us.  It definitely would have helped against the Chargers, but it's not like NE isn't used to weather.   The only advantage is that Jones is from the SEC and I doubt he has played in this kind of cold yet.

1 minute ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

For sure...they need to feel it.  We get these temps every year and you are never ready for that first cold snap, you forget how it feels.  We get to bundle up and dress appropriately.  Players, not so much.

If we go into the game and we have a handful of drops, I’m going to be mad. Things like this we have to prepare for and if we hear stories of them not practicing in the extreme cold, then I guess they don’t care about strategy and preparedness. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I've thought about it as well. It was a losers mentality. I said it on here at the time and it seemed pretty simple to me. Colts beat them and we handle our business, its ours. I was annoyed by the people already packing it in when it came to the division at that point.

Exactly 100%....I honestly could not believe it when reading those post that day. It's just unheard of lol. It was definitely a 1st for me seeing that

Just now, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Exactly 100%....I honestly could not believe it when reading those post that day. It's just unheard of lol. It was definitely a 1st for me seeing that

I wouldnt say it was a first. 5 years ago i woulda probably been rooting for the quickest way to a wildcard and not had any confidence we could reel off 4 straight. One of which was a trip to foxborough..... but that was then and this is now. A lot has changed(#17)

• Agree 1

Josh had great success throwing touch passes in NE bc the wind wasn't a factor. 

If the wind isn't a factor Sat night, I don't see why he'll need to throw lasers on every pass. Hopefully he can revert to his touch pass game and not have the cold effect drops so much if he doesn't have to throw bullets to cut through the wind. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, harryS said:

The line HAS moved, opposite of the direction you predicted. 🙂

Sometimes explanation sounds like condescension, and like I said, maybe we should just stick to talking football.  But if you or others are going to talk point spread, at least give good information.  For example, why would you think the 53% vs 58% you mentioned would move the line?  That difference isn't very large, but most importantly, you seem to assume that it has to be sharp action accounting for the difference.  All it takes is one rich whale (for example, someone like Floyd Weather) to place a big bet and skew those numbers, especially since the difference is so small, and especially since the limits are low early in the week.  Big bettors do NOT have to be sharp.  Very often they are whales, especially in high-profile games like NFL playoff games.

Well, those numbers have changed to 64% and 72%, so there are apparently a lot of dumb whales betting the Bills.  I'm still curious as to why the line isn't moving in that direction.

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I wouldnt say it was a first. 5 years ago i woulda probably been rooting for the quickest way to a wildcard and not had any confidence we could reel off 4 straight. One of which was a trip to foxborough..... but that was then and this is now. A lot has changed(#17)

Well it was a first for me, that's fur sure. The one and only single time to root for a division rival is when that rival HAS to win last game for your team to make playoffs. I mean I may be old school, but it's as natural as breathing to me lol

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

13 minutes ago, Success said:

Do you all think this is just how the cards fell - or did the league think it would be more memorable to have a night game in wintery Buffalo?

It's really hard to tell if it helps us.  It definitely would have helped against the Chargers, but it's not like NE isn't used to weather.   The only advantage is that Jones is from the SEC and I doubt he has played in this kind of cold yet.

The NFL schedule makers are jerks who don't look at the 10 day forecasts at home stadiums in the playoffs. Why else would you schedule the Bills at home, mid January at 8:15 at night, and have the Brady Buccaneers playing at 1:00 on Sunday. 

They always talk about player safety, but they have no concern towards the fans who wish to be in the stands for a playoff game for the first time in more than 25 years.

Morons!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.