Singletary....We Have a Running Game!

Wizard

Singletary looked like a lead back on multiple drives today! So cool to see the team eating up clock and moving the chains on the rare day Allen did not have his "A" game.

If the Bills can run like today and get the usual Allen, then we got something.

Besides the Falcons being a lower tier team, what did the OL do to generate the consistent running game?

Bottle that formula up, copy, and paste it into the gameplan each week!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

He had a great game. There were times when he really could have ripped off huge runs if he was just a little faster. 

I will say, I think the field conditions definitely contributed to him having a good game. Defenders had to react and couldn’t quite accelerate or cut as quickly as giving Devin a synthetic extra step or two.

but he did run with power which I definitely appreciated  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Singletary looked like a lead back on multiple drives today! So cool to see the team eating up clock and moving the chains on the rare day Allen did not have his "A" game.

Besides the Falcons being a lower tier team, what did the OL do to generate the consistent running game?

Not to be a debbie downer, but I key part of the formula is that the falcons have the 31st ranked defense against the run. 

• Agree 9
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Not to be a debbie downer, but I key part of the formula is that the falcons have the 31st ranked defense against the run. 

I’ll tend to agree unfortunately … that’s one weak defense we faced playing out of their element on a slippery track. Still and all, I did enjoy watching a bonafide NFL run game. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Wizard said:

And I hate to be the pessimist in the room but I don't think they can do the bolded. The first INT by Josh, just a bad decision comes after over 5 minutes of game time, and 7 plays (6 runs and 1 trick play) without a pass attempt from Josh. That isn't his game. He is a Quarterback who absolutely plays his best when he is asked to throw early and often and gets in a rhythm. He is not a guy you can just run it 7 times with (I know some were Allen runs) and then ask him to convert a 3rd and long. Whenever that happens you tend to see the worst of him. Bein run heavy worked today, especially 2nd half, but it didn't get the best out of Josh Allen. And while it is important for the Bills to have a plan B when it doesn't work throwing I think the dream of being able to have a punishing run game and a deadly pass game is just that - a dream. The Bills best balance remains being pass heavy IMO. They should be at worst 60/40 in favour of passing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And I hate to be the pessimist in the room but I don't think they can do the bolded. The first INT by Josh, just a bad decision comes after over 5 minutes of game time, and 7 plays (6 runs and 1 trick play) without a pass attempt from Josh. That isn't his game. He is a Quarterback who absolutely plays his best when he is asked to throw early and often and gets in a rhythm. He is not a guy you can just run it 7 times with (I know some were Allen runs) and then ask him to convert a 3rd and long. Whenever that happens you tend to see the worst of him. Bein run heavy worked today, especially 2nd half, but it didn't get the best out of Josh Allen. And while it is important for the Bills to have a plan B when it doesn't work throwing I think the dream of being able to have a punishing run game and a deadly pass game is just that - a dream. The Bills best balance remains being pass heavy IMO. They should be at worst 60/40 in favour of passing. 

Allen still needs to be throwing the short under passes if they are going to favor the passing game. He tried to throw the bomb to diggs when he had knox underneath open for a first I believe

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Isn't this exactly what he did today in the second half?

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Isn't this exactly what he did today in the second half?

Nope. After the third interception he threw it 4 times. One was on 3rd down and he did complete it but it required a 4th down conversion. He threw on two first downs and one second down. Josh was 3/6 in the second half. 

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nope. After the third interception he threw it 4 times. One was on 3rd down and he did complete it but it required a 4th down conversion. He threw on two first downs and one second down. Josh was 3/6 in the second half. 

That was an awful spot and he threw it to the sticks like he had too. He also had the 2pt conversion. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.